• Members

God Is Our Hope

- Psalms 46: 1-4

God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,
and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,
and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Luther's Morning Prayer

- Martin Luther

My Heavenly Father, I thank You, through Jesus Christ, Your beloved Son, that You kept me safe from all evil and danger last night. Save me, I pray, today as well, from every evil and sin, so that all I do and the way that I live will please you. I put myself in your care, body and soul and all that I have. Let Your holy Angels be with me, so that the evil enemy will not gain power over me. Amen.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for Peace Among Nations

- William Temple (1881-1944)

O Almighty God,
the Father of all humanity,
turn, we pray, the hearts of all peoples and their rulers,
that by the power of your Holy Spirit
peace may be established among the nations
on the foundation of justice, righteousness and truth;
through him who was lifted up on the cross
to draw all people to himself,
your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Prayer for Those in Military Service

- Anonymous

God of compassion,
we pray for military personnel,
offered for the sake of others,
and separated from family and loved ones.
Care for them; meet their needs.
Grant them courage, compassion, strength,
and all they need for the living of these days.
Sustain them through their every trial.
Remind them of the humanity they share
even with those who are called "the enemy;"
through Jesus Christ our Lord we pray. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Those Who are Bedbound

- Maureen Pratt

O Father in Heaven, you are with me
even when I cannot move from my bed.
Help me to look upon my bedbound state
as an opportunity for coming closer to you
and my fellow sufferers.
Let my dreams take flight, and my health improve,
through blessed rest and cherished quiet.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for People With AIDS

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Hear our prayer, O God of mercy and love,
for all who suffer with AIDS.
Grant unto them tender and loving companions
who will support them in the midst of fear.
Give them hope for each day to come
that every day may be lived with courage and faith.
Bless them with an abundance of your love
that they may live with concern for others
and not be obsessed with their own illness.
Pour upon them the peace and wholeness
which you alone can give.
Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for a Safe Pregnancy

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

This life you have given us
is so tiny, fragile, and vulnerable,
safe in the womb of flesh and hope,
yet subject to danger and death.
O God of love, creator of life,
hear our prayer.
We want this baby so much.
Please grant this child of ours
a full term of nurture,
the joy and mystery of life,
and the blessing of your love.
Grant us the fulfillment of our dreams,
a baby to cherish and protect,
a child to teach and guide,
a blessing to our family.
Amen.

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

God Is Our Hope

- Psalms 46: 1-4

God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,
and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,
and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

phkrause

• Members

A Contrite Sinner's Prayer for Pardon

- Psalms 51: 1-19

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: According to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.

For I know my transgressions; And my sin is ever before me.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, And done that which is evil in thy sight; That thou mayest be justified when thou speakest, And be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts; And in the hidden part thou wilt make me to know wisdom.

Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness, That the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Hide thy face from my sins, And blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy Spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; And uphold me with a willing spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; And sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation; And my tongue shall sing aloud of they righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; And my mouth shall show forth thy praise.

For thou delightest not in sacrifice; else would I give it: Thou hast no pleasure in burnt-offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: Build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Then wilt thou delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, In burnt-offering and whole burnt-offering: Then will they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Rescue, Recovery, Rebuilding

- Barbara Crafton, Episcopal priest

O gracious God, we will never understand the sorrows of the world, but by your grace we will not turn away from them. Renew and sustain in us the spirit of love that crosses miles. Cheer and encourage those who labor to help the injured, the homeless, the hungry and those in despair. Bless and soften the hearts of those who would take advantage of tragedy for their own profit, that they may come to know where true joy is to be found. Unite us in prayer with all those who look for help, and use us to come speedily to them with the things that they need. We ask these things in your own most holy Name. Amen.

phkrause

• Administrators
On 12/2/2016 at 1:29 PM, phkrause said:

A Contrite Sinner's Prayer for Pardon

- Psalms 51: 1-19

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: According to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.

For I know my transgressions; And my sin is ever before me.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, And done that which is evil in thy sight; That thou mayest be justified when thou speakest, And be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts; And in the hidden part thou wilt make me to know wisdom.

Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness, That the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Hide thy face from my sins, And blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy Spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; And uphold me with a willing spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; And sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation; And my tongue shall sing aloud of they righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; And my mouth shall show forth thy praise.

For thou delightest not in sacrifice; else would I give it: Thou hast no pleasure in burnt-offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: Build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Then wilt thou delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, In burnt-offering and whole burnt-offering: Then will they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

this is a song that was in the Spirit of David's prayer of repentance,  for anyone to sing.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Help Us Grow in Love

- Heather Kopp

Dear God,
I am thankful for the role I play in the family You have given us. Where I lack as a wife/husband, show me how to improve. And help us grow in love for each other and for You that you may bless us.
Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Those Facing Surgery

- Maureen Pratt

O Lord, as I face surgery,
You know what my fears and worries are.
Please guide my heart and soul to trust in you,
to know that you are at my side and pouring your
protection upon me,
even through the darkest valley.

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A Prayer for Husbands and Wives

- Ephesians 5:25-33

Husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

phkrause

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Luther's Morning Prayer

- Martin Luther

My Heavenly Father, I thank You, through Jesus Christ, Your beloved Son, that You kept me safe from all evil and danger last night. Save me, I pray, today as well, from every evil and sin, so that all I do and the way that I live will please you. I put myself in your care, body and soul and all that I have. Let Your holy Angels be with me, so that the evil enemy will not gain power over me. Amen.

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Prayer to Experience Your Blessing

- Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will be blessed in living for You...

May they live in such a way that they'll be blessed. Protect them from keeping company with those who openly sin or from following their advice. Help them find their pleasure in obeying You, in thinking of Your Word day and night. (Psalm 1:1–2)

May they seek You, finding their refuge in You, being willing to keep their hands clean and their hearts pure. May they worship You, giving You the glory due Your name and walking in the light of Your presence. May they fear You with reverence and awe, living upright lives in unity with others. (Psalm 119:2b; 2:12b; 24:4–5; 29:1–2; 89:15; 112:1–2; 133:1, 3)

Help them not to try deceiving themselves or anyone else about their sins—least of all You—but to confess them, knowing they'll be forgiven. Help them to trust You alone, living in humility, without loving or trusting anyone or anything more than You. (Psalm 32:1–2; 1 John 1:8–9; Psalm 40:4)

May they be kind and help the weak, choosing to live in Your presence, praising You, setting their hearts on finding You. (Psalm 41:1–2; 84:4, 5b)

Bless them for Your kingdom purpose and glory. In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Love Is...

- Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

phkrause

• Members

7 Prayers for Healing

Turn to God who is the #1 healer.

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/prayer/7-prayers-for-healing.aspx?

phkrause

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I Cannot Do This Alone

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.
In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me…
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now
That I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.

phkrause

• 1 month later...
  • Members

To Commit to Purity

- Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will be committed to purity...

Keep their feet from every sinful path, from being in the wrong place at the wrong time! Help them not to associate with those who might be a bad influence, who might lead them into temptation. Turn them away from those intent on wrong living and from their own sinful ways. May they follow a path that swerves neither to the right nor the left. (Psalm 119:101; Proverbs 4:14; Acts 3:26; Proverbs 4:26–27)

Help them to trust that there's no temptation they'll ever face that is beyond their saying no, that You will never let them be tempted beyond what they can handle. When they're tempted, provide a way out—and give them the heart to run from sin in Your strength. May the fruit of the Spirit be evident in their lives, especially the fruit of self-control. (1 Corinthians 10:13; Genesis 39:12; Galatians 5:22–23a)

Help them do what You want them to do, certain that every step they take is sure and right. Clear the way for them; hold them securely so if they stumble across temptation, they won't fall. (Psalm 37:23–24)

No matter what mistakes they've made in the past, may they now choose to live in purity.

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause