ClubAdventist is back!

Prayers

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Those Coping With Depression

Beliefnet member gfry

Dear Lord, you are our refuge in good and in bad times. In your infinite mercy, bring peace and comfort to those of us who face days sometimes filled with pain and depression. Help us to realize that through you there is joy and the promise of lasting peace. Help us through the rough times. Walk before and beside us so that we may walk in your footsteps and reach out to you in our journey on this earth. Help us to focus on our blessings rather than our misfortunes, dear Lord. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. Amen

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

To Worship in Spirit and Truth

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will worship You in spirit and in truth...

May they learn to worship You in spirit, for You are spirit, and You have created us in Your image with spirit, soul, and body. May they worship You by the Spirit of God. (John 4:24; Genesis 1:26a, 27a; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Philippians 3:3a)

May they never have an idol in their lives—anyone or anything more important to them than You. May their worship be pleasing to You, and even in the midst of disappointment or great sorrow, may they turn to You in worship. May they surrender themselves to You completely as living sacrifices— for that in itself is a spiritual act of worship. (Ezekiel 14:3; Romans 12:1; 2 Samuel 12:19–20)

Help them worship You in spirit and in truth—the truth of Who You are as You have revealed Yourself to be in the Scriptures—not the God they want You to be or imagine You are. May they worship You in the truth of how You have revealed Yourself through their personal relationship with You. ( John 4:23; Exodus 3:14; John 4:22; 17:3)

May their worship come from the heart. In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for a Burial Ceremony

Anonymous

O God, whose mercies cannot be numbered: Accept our prayers on behalf of thy servant ___, and grant him an entrance into the land of light and joy, in the fellowship of thy saints; through Jesus Christ thy Son our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, on God, now and for ever. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace

St. Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love,

Where there is injury, pardon

Where there is doubt, faith,

Where there is despair, hope,

Where there is darkness, light,

Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much

seek to be consoled as to console,

not so much to be understood as to understand,

not so much to be loved, as to love;

for it is in giving that we receive,

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

it is in dying that we awake to eternal life.

phkrause

• Members

phkrause

• Members

Prayer to Resist Overeating

Heather Kopp

Dear God,

right now, I surrender to You

my temptation to binge,

to rebel, to misuse the food

You've blessed me with.

Fill me instead

with Your Spirit and grace

and grant me the power

and will to STOP indulging

when I am no longer hungry.

Thank You that, by Your Spirit, within me,

I have the ability to resist

the urge to overeat today. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

For All Students and Teachers

Anonymous

Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom: Enlighten by thy Holy Spirit those who teach and those who learn, that, rejoicing in the knowledge of thy truth, they may worship you and serve you from generation to generation; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the same Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Table Grace

Anonymous

Back of the bread is the flour,

And back of the flour is the mill,

And back of the mill is the wind and the rain,

And the Father's will.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Those Who Mourn

Anonymous

Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, we pray thee, with those who mourn, that casting every care on thee, they may know the consolation of thy love, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

phkrause

• Members

Put on the Whole Armor of God

Ephesians 6: 10-17

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for God's Guidance

Anonymous

God be in my head, and in my understanding;

God be in mine eyes, and in my looking;

God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;

God be in my heart, and in my thinking;

God be at mine end, and at my departing.

phkrause

• Members

Go Thou With Us

Anonymous

Gracious God,

Send us anywhere in this world You would have us go

Only go thou with us.

Place upons us any burden You desire

Only stand by us to sustain us.

Break any tie that binds us

Except the tie that binds us to thee.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

The Lord Is Thy Keeper

Psalms 121: 1-8

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help [cometh] from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord [is] thy keeper: the Lord [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.

The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth,

and even for evermore.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Fallen Soldiers

Beliefnet member maury1

Dear Lord Jesus,

Hold all these brave souls in the palm of your hand, comfort them and their families.

Send angels of protection, love, and comfort to all the service men and women still at war,

bring them home safely and comfort their families.

We ask all our prayers in Jesus' name. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

God Is Our Hope

Psalms 46: 1-4

God is our hope and strength,

a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,

and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,

and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,

the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

phkrause

• Members

Bless Your Little Lamb Tonight

Anonymous

Jesus tender

Shepherd hear me

Bless your little lamb tonight

Through the darkness

Be thou near me

Keep me safe till morning's light.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Times of Fear

George Dawson

Almighty God, the Refuge of all that are distressed, grant unto us that, in all trouble of this our mortal life, we may flee to the knowledge of Thy loving kindness and tender mercy; that so, sheltering ourselves therein, the storms of life may pass over us, and not shake the peace of God that is within us. Whatsoever this life may bring us, grant that it may never take from us the full faith that Thou art our Father. Grant us Thy light, that we may have life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• Members
Prayer for Disappointment
Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I pray for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends who are struggling with challenges...

When they're disappointed that You haven't answered their prayers or haven't seemed to make any move to change things yet, forgive their impatience. Help them to live like the prophets of old, who were patient even when they had to suffer, and who didn't quit though they must have felt like it sometimes. Help these I'm praying for not to quit either.(James 5:10–11a)

Help them to trust You and believe that You care, that You haven't forgotten them—and You won't! When trouble comes their way, when they're facing tests and challenges, help them be willing to thank You in all circumstances, difficult as that is.(Nahum 1:7a; Isaiah 49:15b; 1 Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20)

Help them to love You with all their hearts, souls, and minds, for You cause all things to work together for our good when we love You and are called according to Your purpose. Help them realize that somehow You're fitting them into Your plans. Help their love for You to be as steadfast and unchanging as Your love for them.(Matthew 22:37; Romans 8:28, 38–39)

May they never question Your love, knowing it was settled once and forever at the cross. (1 John 4:10)

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members
Prayer for Those Who Govern
Muriel Marshall
Sovereign Lord we pray for our country at all times, we pray for...all those who guide and govern. Help them in every situation to know and to do the things that are right and just, with soundness of judgement in making vital decisions, praying always particularly for the peacemakers, that your Holy life-giving Spirit may ever dwell in their hearts and that the barriers of fear, suspicion and hatred may fall. We pray in the name of your Son, the Prince of Peace.
Amen.

phkrause

• Members
A Mother's Morning Blessing for Her Child
Anonymous

This child belongs to you, O Lord -- mind and body and soul.
Lay claim this day to your little one
by place him securely in the Immaculate Heart of your mother, Mary,
in the protective arms of your guardian, Joseph,
and under the shining shield of Archangel, Michael.
Open his heart to the promptings of your Holy Spirit,
his eyes to the beauty of your creation,
his ears to the wise warnings of his guardian angel,
and his heart to every God-fearing soul you send into his life.
I ask this in the name of the Father who created him,
the Son who redeems him,
and the Spirit who sanctifies him.
Amen.

ps:very interesting prayer! Not only do they mention Mary, but they even include Joseph!!

phkrause

• Members
Prayer for Times of Fear
George Dawson
Almighty God, the Refuge of all that are distressed, grant unto us that, in all trouble of this our mortal life, we may flee to the knowledge of Thy lovingkindness and tender mercy; that so, sheltering ourselves therein, the storms of life may pass over us, and not shake the peace of God that is within us. Whatsoever this life may bring us, grant that it may never take from us the full faith that Thou art our Father. Grant us Thy light, that we may have life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• Members
The Eternity of God's Love
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
O Lord, you have made us very small, and we bring our years to an end like a tale that is told. Help us to remember that beyond our brief day is the eternity of your love.

phkrause

• Members
Blessing for Many Occasions
Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

phkrause

• Members
A Heart to Love Thee
Ambrose of Milan (c. 339-97)
O Lord, who hast mercy upon all, take away from me my sins,
and mercifully kindle in me the fire of thy Holy Spirit.
Take away from me the heart of stone,
and give me a heart of flesh,
a heart to love and adore thee,
a heart to delight in thee,
to follow and to enjoy thee,
for Christ's sake.

phkrause

• Members
Prayer for Bereaved Parents
Beliefnet member anacleo7
God, you sacrificed your son so that we and our children would transcend physical death. We know that you grieved when he was crucified and that you grieve over all the atrocities done by men -- especially in your name. You know and understand grief as you know and understand all. You know best how to comfort these parents. Lift their hearts up to you and fill them with your peace. Your understanding is beyond our human comprehension, but give them the knowledge and faith to endure even that which they can't understand. Let them be aware of you always God, and help them to remember that your Love is Life that can never really be taken away.

phkrause