ClubAdventist is back!

Walter Veith DVDs in the mail box

Bravus

• Moderators

My daughter and her partner received a DVD in a cardboard sleeve in their mail box. No stamp or address, so it had presumably been hand delivered. I looked at the titles of the tracks, and said "This is SDA-linked and almost certainly Walter Veith". Popped it into the player and sure enough, I called it.

Watched a bit of it with them and my other daughter and her partner. Aside from the full page of ailments allegedly caused by cows milk, there was a *lot* of hours of Veith in a suit lecturing with PowerPoint slideshows.

Typical topic was the Jesuits and Illuminati and Rosicrucians and Masons and Templars. The thing is, *without* Adventist perspectives on the papacy as the antichrist and other related concepts, all the young folk were just completely uncomprehending. "So the Jesuits are linked to these groups... and that's a bad thing why?" "So the Masons are not Christian? And...?"

Strikes me as a spectacularly ineffective means of 'evangelism'... and perhaps a quite effective means of branding the church as a bunch of crazed conspiracy theorists. (It's pretty easy to google Veith, even if there are no indica of his link with SDAism on or in the disc)

Truth is important

• Administrators

Wow. Just, wow. So incredibly tone deaf to what might interest or be of concern to a huge swath of society - the current generation, those across all generations that are secular and unfamiliar with religion generally or Christianity. It is like asking remote natives in the Amazon jungle what kind of gas mileage they get with their dugout canoes or their opinion on urban crime statistics.

And the one noteworthy attempt, The Record Keeper, to reach out in a medium and style that might capture their attention was scuttled because it was too untraditional, etc.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Yeah.... the irony of this is... he presents those sensational things almost 100% opposite to what both EGW and Common sense support.

He has advert followers that are often in the lower educational status in our Church (not that education = salvation) AND at the same time he is an outreach that touches profession MD, lawyers and Judges.. it just doesn't make sense.

The reasonable mind, in my opinion says to reach out in the same manner as Christ did. It would be worth our while to spend more time studying the life of Christ.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:
It would be worth our while to spend more time studying the life of Christ.

:like::like:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."Revelation 1:1-10 NKJV

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."Revelation 3:20 KJV

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

It appears to me that to a small group of church members WV is gradually replacing Ellen White as he reveals the world today as corrupted by Masons.

I still challenge him to point out one Jesuit in the Church..

I have been accused 3 times of being a jesuit... am rather tired of ministries that support that.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:
I still challenge him to point out one Jesuit in the Church..

Is the converse true (i.e., how many church members have infiltrated the Jesuits)? How else could Uncle Walter be getting his inside info? giggle

Seriously - we have crackpots I mean experts like him running around; and we wonder why some people think SDA's are a little weird?

One thing that impresses me is the comparison between EGW and all the other 'truth' people. She did not toot her own horn while all these others seem to revel in the adoration of their followers. She always made it about God while most of these others make it about themselves and 'their truth'.

Makes it easy to decide whom to listen to and who not to.

Quote:

Seriously - we have crackpots I mean experts like him running around; and we wonder why some people think SDA's are a little weird?

What should we do with this counsel?

"...finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. "

Ephesians 5:10-12 NKJV

When there are wolves dressed in sheep's clothing should we just allow them to rend the body of Christ without making any effort to protect the unsuspecting. And if we fail to warn the faithful and there are those who stumble, caused at least partially as a result of our unwillingness to protect the ignorant, are we not complicit in the damage?

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
When there are wolves dressed in sheep's clothing should we just allow them to rend the body of Christ without making any effort to protect the unsuspecting.

I agree, LHC.I think the problem lies with who the wolves are and who the sheep are. All sides of the issues that divide Adventism point the fingers at each other as to who is in error. Who is the average layman to believe?

Quote:
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.(Phillippians 2:11-13)

• Moderators

FWIW, I'm not calling anyone a 'wolf'. Just posing the question of how effective or otherwise this is as an evangelistic approach.

Truth is important

Quote:

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.(Phillippians 2:11-13)

:like:

I find it highly unlikely that only those who have full knowledge of the Word will be the ones who enter the Kingdom. That is the greatest reason it is an imperative to rely on the righteousness of Christ as our only hope.

This below is one of the present assurances for anyone who is asking for that peace that passes understanding.

Romans 8:31-39 NASB

Lift Jesus up!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Although I have reservations about the extent of his conspiracy theories, I like his messages in general. Anyone who thinks that the Jesuits have given up the Counter-reformation or that they are friends of governments without an agenda are being naive, imho. Many seem to have forgotten that the Jesuits were once banned from many nations of Europe because of their perfidy. I am glad we have a Walter Veith to remind people.

"How the Roman church can clear herself from the charge of idolatry we cannot see. . . . And this is the religion which Protestants are beginning to look upon with so much favor, and which will eventually be united with Protestantism. This union will not, however, be effected by a change in Catholicism, for Rome never changes. She claims infallibility. It is Protestantism that will change. The adoption of liberal ideas on its part will bring it where it can clasp the hand of Catholicism."--RH June 1, 1886. {LDE 130.2}

White, E. G. (1992). Last Day Events (p. 130). Pacific Press Publishing Association.

We are seeing this fulfilled today. Do you hear any protesting voices today? Protestants should be labeled "Capitulants" today, because one by one they are all going back to Mama. The charge that Veith is somehow taking the place of a prophet is a bald misrepresentation of what he is doing. I am proud to be a supporter of ADTV.

• Like 1

• Administrators

What about... " because iniquity shall abound, the hearts of many shall wax cold."

Who is being referred to here? In my way of thinking, wherever iniquity is abounding and we are exposed to it, WE are being affected by it. I have a feeling that it is a way of making our, God's children's hearts cold.

I have posted before my theory that if one focuses on conspiracies long enough that one will become mentally unbalanced. I can't look at reports of them for too long before beginning to think ill of others, without knowing even for sure if the history is true as presented. Even if the news is accurate, what happens to my heart when I learn of evil?

In this respect, what are Veith's reports doing to God's children? I totally expect Satan to make conspiracies. So, what? The tribulation will come and Jesus will come. We know that.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

FWIW, I'm not calling anyone a 'wolf'. Just posing the question of how effective or otherwise this is as an evangelistic approach.

I would never submit Veith's dvd's top anyone who does not know Christ. and likely not to anyone who is not an SDA.

as informative as they are, some statement he has made has not been confirmed. His delight and attitude about what he has found and is reporting, can be very strong, and he is not focused on preaching the gospel.

i found his dvd's to be very interesting but something to sort out. there is a running excitement there that is not useful.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

What about... " because iniquity shall abound, the hearts of many shall wax cold."

Who is being referred to here? In my way of thinking, wherever iniquity is abounding and we are exposed to it, WE are being affected by it. I have a feeling that it is a way of making our, God's children's hearts cold.

I have posted before my theory that if one focuses on conspiracies long enough that one will become mentally unbalanced. I can't look at reports of them for too long before beginning to think ill of others, without knowing even for sure if the history is true as presented. Even if the news is accurate, what happens to my heart when I learn of evil?

In this respect, what are Veith's reports doing to God's children? I totally expect Satan to make conspiracies. So, what? The tribulation will come and Jesus will come. We know that.

Many people thrive on this kind of reporting. Certain televangelists have discovered this and know that this kind of presentation will open many purses and make donations available.

More Mammon enrich the preachers who know this secret.

I agree with you that there should be more preaching of the Gospel and Glad Tidings.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
Yeah.... the irony of this is... he presents those sensational things almost 100% opposite to what both EGW and Common sense support.

He has advert followers that are often in the lower educational status in our Church (not that education = salvation) AND at the same time he is an outreach that touches profession MD, lawyers and Judges.. it just doesn't make sense.

The reasonable mind, in my opinion says to reach out in the same manner as Christ did. It would be worth our while to spend more time studying the life of Christ.

Brother Stan,

After reading your note I have few questions for you:

Have you really watched those videos? I have watched them all, some series several times.

Can you give examples when and where you found he's inconsistent with the Bible and the Testimonies? My wife and I have reviewed, with care and attention to all details, most of his presentations and think you cannot sustain what you stated here. Please, can you show us what we missed?

And, how do you know the educational level of his audience? I'm an electrical engineer and my wife's a physician, both semi-retired now. My father was an electronic engineer, retired, and my wife's father was also a chemical engineer (died a couple of years ago).

Thanks,

Blessings.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

And I humbly submit my post-grad degree to add to your meager sample of two.

My daughter and her partner received a DVD in a cardboard sleeve in their mail box. No stamp or address, so it had presumably been hand delivered. I looked at the titles of the tracks, and said "This is SDA-linked and almost certainly Walter Veith". Popped it into the player and sure enough, I called it.

1. your daughters "partner"?? Are they in business together?

2. Way to go Walter Veith!

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

Quote:

Why do you need to know this bit of personal information?

Do you have any relationship with any of the involved? Are you attempting to begin a relationship with any of the involved?

What business is it of yours to know more about what has been posted?

Gregory

Quote:

Why do you need to know this bit of personal information?

Do you have any relationship with any of the involved? Are you attempting to begin a relationship with any of the involved?

What business is it of yours to know more about what has been posted?

Not sure why you are so defensive - I did not include that added info in my post - Bravus chose to bring it up - I just asked for clarification on what he meant.

If it was a secret - fine - just say so. No need to climb up that defensive fence.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

I wanted to know why you felt a need to know what was potentially quite personal.

Bravus had posted what he wanted posted.

Gregory

• Administrators

I wanted to know why you felt a need to know what was potentially quite personal.

Bravus had posted what he wanted posted.

Were you thinking that perhaps he was looking for an opportunity to notice something sinful? If so, it wasn't keeping to the topic. Besides being against God's principles as noted in Isaiah 29:20, 21

Tell me it wasn't so.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.