ClubAdventist is back!

associations in heaven

rudywoofs (Pam)

I agree with you LynnDel. JoeMo the disciples were always squabbling but after they had earnestly prayed and received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, their relationships with one another changed and they were no longer continutally at odds in this way. They did have differences of opinion but no petty squabbling. And I imagine that since there we no longer will see through a glass darkly but face to face, the basis for differences of opinion about things that are really important will be greatly reduced.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

• Members

again, the OP was not about "squabbling" - it's about not cottoning to certain personalities and mannerisms ..  it has nothing to do with arguing or contention (except *that* sometimes seems to be the nature of a few people)...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

In heaven I believe we will have be able to associate amicably with everyone there; but we will likely tend to associate more frequently with those who "click" with us.  I don't no the English equivalent, but in Spanish, the word is "simpatico".  We will tend to associate more frequently with people with whom we are "simpatico".

• Like 2

• Members

in German, the word would be "einverstanden".. :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

A potentially difficult meeting in heaven between David, Uriah, and Bathsheba? Do you know what I mean? Perhaps David and Bathseba's [first] baby will even be there, restored to his mother. What a prospect !

But it interests me that Jesus will lead the Redeemed to the Tree of Life, and that He will direct them to eat the leaves of the Tree, and that those leaves are for the "healing" of the nations. The healing is not going to be a physical one, but there will be some kind of healing take place after the Redeemed have entered the City of God. I suspect that it may have some bearing on relationships between people such as those mentioned above.

I do expect that the fruit of that Tree will be sweet to the taste, but the leaves... I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Aliensanctuary, you mentioned a "memory wipe".  Ellen White tells us that our angel will take us to anyone we ask for (those who we knew here on earth and who had a part in our salvation).  She also says that some will come up and ask how it went after they had died, indicating that we still have a memory of the former things.  In other words, no memory wipe!  Just soooo much awesome things going on that we do not have time to recall the bad.

And about the leaves of the Tree of Life, the purpose of the whole tree is to keep us alive, right?  Why wouldn't the leaves have something to do with it, physically?

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

• Administrators

Perhaps not so much a memory wipe as a memory cleansing... Debugging the system of the sin "malware" and "viruses" Taking out the corrupted files and leaving the rest.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

The other day I was watching a video clip of Julian Lennon at his first art show (he is a photographer). I don't know how many of you have followed the publicity concerning the relations between Julian and his mom and the other Beatle members with Yoko Ono over the years but for a long time there had been dispute. There was dispute between Yoko and the others plus tension regarding the settling of John Lennon's estate after his death. Early on, Ringo came around, then Paul McCartney, but what would happen with John's original family?

But in this interview, Julian talks about his great love for his brother Sean and how important it was for him to move on. The two families have reconciled. It was amazing to see Cynthia Lennon embrace Yoko at the opening of the show. Sean gushed at his brother for a reporter, talking about Julian's talent (Julian sings like his dad, Sean like his mom) and his support for him over the years. Julian came to the realization that he did not want to hurt his younger brother, and any antagonism toward Yoko Ono would pass down to Sean. The admiration between the two brothers was evident.

But it is amazing to see peace at work. It was a joy to listen to the parties involved, to see how reconciliation brought friendship in the end.

I am fascinated with the idea of reconciliation. I like to think that it is Spirit-given, this heart work. I am amazed when I see it at work now, how much more will the principle be at work in heaven.

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I think that all of the memories involving evil will be deleted from our memories, of course, the "wipe", but maybe a few vague memories of the good in our former lives might be retained. After all of the recollections of evil are erased, there might not be much left, maybe just enough to realize that we knew someone from before. We may very well have the mental age of a small child. Any unpleasant interactions in the former life will all be forgotten, even with those who have raped or killed us or our loved ones.

The transformation mentioned in scripture may result in a body we are unfamiliar with, just as Jesus' disciples didn't recognize him in a different body post resurrection. These bodies are likely clones, and as such, all will look alike. There won't be any "pretty" or "ugly" or male or female because we will all be clones, just like the Messengers (angels). Our unique passwords will facilitate ID and allow access into permitted areas of the cities.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

The scripture tells us that we will know others even as we are known.  I know my wife by her looks, not to mention her voice.  I expect that once there I will not only know her by those same things but will know others that way too.

Scripture tells us that we will each have a new name too.  No one else will know that name though, so will we still be known by our current names?

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

• Moderators

The Bible likens the times ahead of us, maybe the times we are in now, to a woman in labor. The comparison shows us how painful our experience will be -- but we need to also remember that when the time is past, we will hardly remember the bad time. A woman in labor is moaning in pain one moment and full of joy the next, when it is all over. She knows she's had excruciating pain, that it was almost too much to bear, but she forgets it, she can't even recall how bad it was except in words. The feelings are gone. I like to think that's how our memories will be. We will know we have endured many troubles, but we will be joyful that they are behind us, and a new life is ahead.

• Like 3

LD

• Administrators

You have used a word that I think holds the key to the reprogramming, the rewriting of our software, rewriting our story.

The word is joy. Joy overwrites pain and misery. Jesus said as much. To give joy overflowing, rinsing the pollution of sin completly out ofour lives.

• Like 3

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I think of the early Christians after the crucifixion,   Do you think for a minute that they all were loving and loveable?  They had a common enemy, a common fear and needed each other to the extreme.  

When we go through the real time of trouble we will have a common enemy, a common distress etc and we will do that those early christians did hang together and our nuances will seem trite compared to the mamoth experiences we are going through.  We will need each other in our frailties and love will rule. I have no doubt.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I totally get the OP question.

Where my mind goes is that we will see each other in a whole new way. Looking into each other's eyes and seeing God's child!

It is very  powerful to Look In To eyes. Not looking at eyes !... Look into deeply. Not becoming self conscience and looking away. Or Questioning. Or challenging. Or pleading.

Eyes understanding each other.

Eyes smiling at each other.

Eyes trusting each other.

Transparent and connecting.

Think of a Bride and Groom in front of the Minister looking into each others eyes full of trust and security with one another.

Kind of like that!

To me it means we will see each as other as we really are. As God says we are in HIM!

It can start now with The Body of Christ! I have seen it. I have done it. With Jesus as the Foundation.

A lil piece of heaven in your Church.

*it was pure fellowship ..wonderful but fleeting

Edited by GayatfootofCross

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

God will be glorified supremely, selfishness will not mar the peace and transparent joy.  we will know even as we are known.

In Jesus we will be reminded of the evil of sin in His scars, not in our scars.  it will be enough, after we have had 1000 years to fully comprehend and understand all the issues and all the players in the great conflict in God's universe.

We will know each of us, as the redeemed, each person there is unworthy in themselves, and all our worthiness has been given as a gift in Jesus.

The goodness of God towards us will swallow all pain and a great love to God will swell for eternity, a fountain that will never fail.

We will play, and run, and build together, will will laugh and sing and have great forums to tell of the goodness of God towards us.

We will explore together as friends, and have choirs, and instruments, and learning of all kinds, and have access to the mind of God for all unfolding of knowledge.

Jesus will be loved and honored and each new honoring will bring greater tides of Joy.

• Like 1

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

JoeMo, even in Heaven people will have different points of view, and likely will disagree on some things. The difference is that they will have adequate communication, and mutual respect, so that disagreements need not become feuds.

Yes...Complete harmony with no bent-to-self.  The early church experienced this for a season:  The Bible states that all the believers were one in heart and mind.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

I believe that we will be attracted to our brothers and sisters in Christ. We'll be overjoyed to meet someone that we haven't met before, and above all I think we will be happy to meet people that we've had a strained relationship with here on Earth. Together we will praise God that our difficult relationships have been glorified, that all the problems we had here on Earth have been removed!

Edited by Unchained