ClubAdventist is back!

I became a member of the Adventist church today.

Sojourner

So today at the 10am Sabbath Service at my local SDA church I was voted in along with some others on profession of faith as an official member of the Seventh Day Adventist church.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the members here that along with the members of my local church have patiently answered my many questions on the Seventh Day Adventist church and its theology and so forth. It has been an interesting journey to make the move as a soldier in the Salvation Army through to the SDA. In one sense I have really struggled with letting go of the Salvation Army, yet I am also convinced that I can no longer pretend to be someone I am not and am excited to follow through with what I feel God is calling me to do.

Thanks again all, I really have appreciated all the various chats we have had in here and the friendships that I have been fortunate enough to make in here along the way, you guys are awesome!

• Moderators

Blessings as you continue on your spiritual journey. May we always here in CA continue to be of spiritual support to you.

Gregory

• Administrators

Congratulations, Sojourner! I always enjoy your contributions here. I wish you many blessings as you continue your adventure of service for the Saviour.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators
hifive

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Awesome and I second GMs comments

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Awesome, Sojourner! Welcome to the club. You have already been a member in spirit for a while. It's a blessing to correspond with you.

• Administrators

Thank-you for sharing this new step in your Spiritual journey.

i have appreciated your honest and searching questions.

Blessings as you continue to reach and learn and share.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

There might be a problem if members turn green and fly into a rage when they see injustice, then start tearing things up. But that's why we attend church, and come here, to bring out our more gentle side.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

Congratulations

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God