ClubAdventist is back!

Robin Williams RIP

• Administrators

What about Patch Adams and Dead Poets Society???

:(

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

He was a comedian but also a very good actor.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

That was sudden! Didn't now he was that bad off!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

depression is a terrible thing....it's so hard to describe to someone who's never experienced it...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Yes, people who suffer depression, especially if they have bipolar, really have it so painful.

At work tonight heard about the death of Robin Williams. I've liked a lot of his work. Although I never saw him in person, I once spent 2 days working as an extra in a movie with Pam Dawber, his co-star on Mork and Mindy. She had a home in the same town I live in so I told her that I'm also from this area. A number of times she walked over to hang out with me between scenes. So because of that I am more saddened than normal at his death.

I remember Robin Williams when he would appear on the Happy Days sitcom. Then Mork & Mindy was a spin off from that. I watched that show a few times the first season. I've never seen any of his movies. Not that I have anything against Robin as an actor. I am just not a big movie person. Where I really got to know Robin Williams was when he would appear on late night talk shows, like Johnny Carson. That was when he was very zany and improvisational.

I lived in Marin county in the 80s. Robin Williams was from marin county and he was a legend there. They say he appeared at a comedy club in San Rafael, and he used to tell this spoof of a joke about how he was from the ghettos of Tiburon. That was a Marin inside joke, because everyone knew Tiburon Cove was a very affluent community.

His death caught me by surprise as well. RIP Robin Williams.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing that Kountzer. I've been seeing different things posted about him and portions of his routines and interviews on the news and facebook. While I hate some of the language he used, I think one reason why we are so hurt by his death is that he was a seeker. He would reach out to others. He was an Episcopalian and while he joked about how it only had half the guilt of Catholicism he was also respectful and not putting down faith. And he said some things about the importance of reaching out to others and trusting in God.

Yes, he had some ruff edges, but he was someone who was willing to grow. While he did not always succeed, we find in him someone who had come around to a purpose of not wanting to use humor to put down but to lift up.

Of course I was impressed when meeting his co-star Pam Dawber when I worked with her those few days and like I said having met her made me feel a connection to him. Also, my love for humor. But other comedians have died with less of an impact. I think that some of what I've been hearing in his interviews show why.