ClubAdventist is back!

the gospel shall be preached...

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

why is it that the various denominations keep preaching to the same audiences over and over again?

Do SDA's (and others) preach in the hopes of "converting" someone to Adventistim?

Do other denominations preach in the hopes of "converting" others to their doctrines?

Is it actually ethical to try and steal from other flocks?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
why is it that the various denominations keep preaching to the same audiences over and over again?

Ive asked the same question on several other threads and never received a meaningful answer. It seems like we should be spending our evangelism time and money bringing non-believers to Christ; not trying to get other believers to change their club membership.

• Members

I guess I put the topic in the correct category, huh?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

The dynamics have changed over the years... At the beginning the Millerites were from various denominations but were mostly already Christian. Nowadays that is not as true as far as the fields of harvest go.

The difficulty I see when interacting with believers is that the discussions will tend toward the theological rather than, say, Christ's sanctification in the believer or developing a deepening relationship with God. I suppose the times required it back then, but that is not the case now.

The character of the 3 Angel's message may come into play, being a message to all the world. But you would think that the unchurched would be a great place to work.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

HEY ALL

I have been passing how AMAZING FACTS STUDY GUIDES and tell people that

what they read here is only bible ---I offer if to all I come in contact

with they take the study guides or not take them--- if they take them I ask

them just one question will you read it---also i let them know that they

can send away for more study guides and show them the address---

then i pray that the HOLY SPIRIT will lead

dgrimm60

Praise the Lord for such as you,dgrimm60, for you are making my life shorter on this sewer called civilization.

"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matt 24:13,14 KJV

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

John 12:25,26 KJV

God is Love! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

HEY ALL

Good for you, Doug!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

HEY ALL

dgrimm60

:like:thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 5 weeks later...

It seems like we should be spending our evangelism time and money bringing non-believers to Christ; not trying to get other believers to change their club membership.

But isn't that still the same thing? Almost everyone believes in something whether it is simply science, other Gods, a different version of your God, or even that there is just nothing. So its still trying to get others to change their club membership. I think if they are meant to join your club they will find their way to it.

I think that the preaching of denominational sermons results mainly in the rapid dissipation of hot air. If people do join a church and avoid evil practices, that's good, but none of the denominations accurately represent the Kingdom of YHVH. The very system described, and the events that occurred during the exodus and wandering of Israel, give us a more accurate picture of YHVH's Kingdom, not the many, many conflicting and competing denominations and churches of today.

The gospel, or good news, is that humans can join YHVH's Kingdom and become his servants if they love him and obey his laws for servants. We will understand this better when all of the denominations and religions are swept away like chaff and messengers from YHVH teach us the truth about his Kingdom. Only then can we make an informed choice and choose to become His servants, or not, thus sealing our destinies, forever.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

But isn't that still the same thing? Almost everyone believes in something whether it is simply science, other Gods, a different version of your God, or even that there is just nothing. So its still trying to get others to change their club membership. I think if they are meant to join your club they will find their way to it.

Yeah; it is kind of the same thing.  But as a believer in Christ, I have a mandate from Him to "spread the Word".  I don't think that necessarily means organizing Bible studies.  It means just doing the same things Jesus did - feed hungry people, heal their sicknesses, comfort them in times of sorrow and grief, and celebrate with them in their successes and milestones.  By growing close to people, you can influence each other by just hanging out. In "hanging out", conversation may eventually get around to spiritual subjects.  Then - just like you say - if people are meant to join my club, they will find a way to do so.  I'll help them if they ask - I might even invite them to a club meeting.

That being said, I think the church's money would be better spent on starting new chapters of the club where there are none rather than just stealing members from other chapters.  Even with that being said, people should be free to believe whatever they want; but an open mind is a precious thing.

That being said, I think the church's money would be better spent on starting new chapters of the club where there are none rather than just stealing members from other chapters.

Some of the other chapters are misguided, according to the Word, eliciting a need to reveal other biblical principles. The word "just" is well considered and it would be hoped the disciple of Christ would not restrict him/her self merely to those already in the fold.

16"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. John 10

9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world. Rev 12:9

24and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. 26For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,…Heb 10

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

Some of the other chapters are misguided, according to the Word, eliciting a need to reveal other biblical principles.

Some of the other chapters would say SDA's are misguided, according to the Word, eliciting a need to reveal other biblical principles.

Instead of competing for people, dollars, and bragging rights, why can't believers all cooperate and learn from each other?  Not absolutely every minor detail in scripture is a salvational truth.  Not everything EGW (or any other modern "prophet") said is a salvational truth.

Some of the other chapters would say SDA's are misguided, according to the Word, eliciting a need to reveal other biblical principles.

Instead of competing for people, dollars, and bragging rights, why can't believers all cooperate and learn from each other?  Not absolutely every minor detail in scripture is a salvational truth.  Not everything EGW (or any other modern "prophet") said is a salvational truth.

When reading where the ministry of Ellen White has led, I'm satisfied the schools and hospitals established around the world in the name of Jesus as a direct result, speaks volumes more than her detractors. Is every speaker safe to commit support to? The Word speaks for itself.

9"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10"At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.…Matt 24

14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

2 Cor 11

God is Love! Jesus saves!    :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

As I understand the Word(Truth), if understood correctly, it sets us free. Can you think of anything we're set free from that isn't saving us from something?

31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." 33They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free '?"…John 8

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!