ClubAdventist is back!

Is God Calling you?

Sojourner

• Administrators

I wish I had an answer for you... I remember my journey as a lost teenager and the happy ending I received.

But I don't, because it is between you and Him, in the arena of your heart. Some people don't make a connection until they are old.

((( Bravus )))

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 months later...

If you cannot hear His voice, answer the door.

…Rev 3:20

Edited by Tom Wetmore
No quote zone...

Lift Jesus up!!

I believe that we are all already connected, but we have difficulty understanding what we are supposed to do. In this life we are being monitored and recorded, so everything that we have thought, said, and done will be presented as evidence for or against our admission to the Kingdom of YHVH.

In the next life, according to the scriptures, we will hear His voice telling us where to go and what to do, telepathically, we might presume, concerning tasks related to our jobs. Our prayers of today point us to the telepathic communication system in the Kingdom.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Many of us feel that God doesn't speak to us because we are waiting for an audible voice.  God's preferred form of communication is not an audible voice in one's native language.  God speaks to us through His Word (obviously); and He also speaks to us through impressions, dreams (including daydreams), and circumstances.  I started "practicing" acting on random thoughts that came out of nowhere.  At first it was just my imagination much of the time; but as I have "practiced", I am convinced that God can and does direct me - sometimes consciously; sometimes unconsciously.  In looking for what God is doing, I have seen many signs and wonders that I would have otherwise missed.  No universal "new light"; just little "love notes", minor miracles (are any miracles minor?) and signs that I am on the right or wrong path.  The biggest and best thing God ever told me is that He loves me; and will never leave me; even if I tell Him to.

• Like 1

He will NEVER stop calling us.  We just quit listening. Isaiah tells us that His arm is not too short to save; that it is our own iniquities that seperate us.  In other words, we let go of Him; He doesn't let go of us.

• 3 weeks later...

Bravus, you said that God has your number but that He has gone silent.  Is it possible that you and I are turning a deaf ear?

God always wants to talk to us but most of the time we are so busy with other things that He cannot get out attention.

RING-RING

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

I liked what you said but believe God will not ignore our request that He leave unless He knows we're just temporarily out of our minds.

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Edited by Tom Wetmore
No quote zone...

Lift Jesus up!!

We are at times to steeped in the OT history of  Gods interaction with humans. We keep expecting voices or some type of revelation. Perhaps God simply wants us to follow what we have learned, using our minds, make decisions and carry on. Expecting God to give us some type of direction or input on a daily, weekly or whatever basis is belittling his creation and the abilities that he gave us.

Are still children? Having an open mind certainly allows God to speak to us in what method He chooses, but lets live life with the knowledge we have gained.