ClubAdventist is back!

Presidential candidates

• Moderators

What would be your opinion on a Republican ticket of Sara Palin Pres.; Ben Carson, VP. ???? Nuff Sed

I can't believe you represent the political leanings of the Apopka (Florida) church people. Or is this just a pipe dream of yours?

[sixty-five years ago I lived there myself. Didn't attend the Forest Lake Church; went to the "Sanitarium Church" on the campus of the Florida San (now the Florida Hospital). I was one of the church organists, in fact.]

Of course, the Republican Party has changed a lot since then.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

What would be your opinion on a Republican ticket of Sara Palin Pres.; Ben Carson, VP. ???? Nuff Sed

I think It would be very entertaining and a great opportunity for the Dems. I think Carson would run mile tho'.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Excellent suggestion Nuff Sed. I would very much support this. America would be in good hands finally.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I like Ben Carson, but not Palin.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure Palin is a good choice.  She has very high negatives.  That doesn't mean I don't like her spirit or how plain spoken she is.  If she was to be part of a conservative ticket she would be much better as a VP candidate.  

I really like Carson.  He's thoughtful, highly intelligent, and used to having authority.  Not at the level of the presidency, but I don't know of a surgeon who doesn't expect someone to jump when they're told to.  I'm saying that in the context of their job, not their personal lives.   He's also a natural leader and is not intimidated by anything or anybody from what I've seen of him.   He means what he says, and says what he means.  His honesty is very refreshing.  I think a ticket of he and Allen West would be very good.  I'd vote for that ticket in a heartbeat as I see both them as high character people.    

• Like 2
Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

That ticket sounds good to me.  It would ensure the election of a Democrat, regardless of who ran as a Democrat.

• Like 2

Gregory

That ticket sounds good to me.  It would ensure the election of a Democrat, regardless of who ran as a Democrat.

Here is why I don't like posts that include a quote to show who they are responding to.....  

Alexis de Tocqueville

Why anyone would want a Democrat-run government is beyond me.  They are for big spending, big government programs, central planning, and the resulting loss of personal freedoms that are guaranteed to come from these things.  

I think you need read some of Friedrich Hayek's books on the subject of economics and the problems that arise from central planning.  He presents a compelling case.  

Alexis de Tocqueville

Having had our GW, and BO, would the country prefer SP or BC?

(As I read Daniel--Barack Obama is the last. So I would be surprised if Sara, Ben or Hillary, etc. takes the job)

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

I was disappointed that McCain lost out a few years ago. I thought he would have made a much better president when compared with the present one, despite his being a life-long politician. With the press and Democrats sleeping in the same bed, Republicans will have a tough job ahead to win the presidency. I'm all for lower taxes, less government spending, smaller government, less welfare, freedom from political correctness, and permanent deportation of traitors who live here and want to destroy our country.

It would be no shock to me if Congress gets blown up while Obama happens to be out of town, playing golf, perhaps.  I sometimes believe that those who are really running this country and telling it's leaders what to do and say want terrorists to strike here in a major way, destroying its leadership, its refineries, electrical, gas, and oil distribution, transportation of goods and food, communication systems, de-funding of the military, etc. That might very well spell the end of the Christianity were accustomed to seeing and the rise of the Islamic Caliphate of America. 

All political candidates make big promises before being elected, but often change their tune once they face the reality of being in office. When they say different things to different audiences just to get their votes, I would call that the Chameleon Effect. I think that even an intelligent and honest farmer would make a good president, but he would have to realize that everyone around him, including leaders of other countries, are all liars. 

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Members

The only paragraph that I agree with is the last one!! As far as your first one, nothing will change no matter who becomes are new commamder and chief.Now having said that, somethings probably will change, but not for the betterment of the American people.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Why anyone would want a Democrat-run government is beyond me.  They are for big spending, big government programs, central planning, and the resulting loss of personal freedoms that are guaranteed to come from these things.   

There is only a rhetorical difference between the parties. Obama continues Bush's agenda but with different rhetoric. Hilary, Paul, Cruz, Christie will keep it going because it's really about who holds the purse strings and the corporations hold the purse strings.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I think what this nation really need is someone like Ben Carson.

He has strong backbone and will not beholdin' to anyone purse strings.

(after all .... he's one of our own)

PS - The only other one who I would consider .... would be Condi Rice.

Perhaps she and Ben could team up.

Could this nation handle an all black team?

We had best ask the Democrats.

I have a feeling. Just a feeling. That Democrats have more racial issues to deal with than Republicans.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Feelings can be deceptive:

There are repeated cases of GOP'ers being racist etc.....

Oklahoma state Senator John Bennett ® came under fire last week for comments he made about Muslims in America.

A Wisconsin Republican dropped out of the race for a seat on the state assembly on Tuesday after he admitted that he made offensive comments about gay and black people on social media, according to The Gazette.

Google councilman Peter Tinsley’s

Georgia State Senator Fran Millar [censored] off several leaders in DeKalb County, GA after he complained about the interim CEO Lee May‘s decision to permit voters in a predominantly African-American neighborhood, early access to the polls according

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2014/09/republican-senator-in-georgia-would-prefer-educated-voters-to-a-bunch-of-african-american-shoppers/#fI2EwLsR6Yup5uB5.99

Einstein

Feelings can be deceptive:

There are repeated cases of GOP'ers being racist etc.....

Oklahoma state Senator John Bennett ® came under fire last week for comments he made about Muslims in America.

A Wisconsin Republican dropped out of the race for a seat on the state assembly on Tuesday after he admitted that he made offensive comments about gay and black people on social media, according to The Gazette.

Google councilman Peter Tinsley’s

Georgia State Senator Fran Millar [censored] off several leaders in DeKalb County, GA after he complained about the interim CEO Lee May‘s decision to permit voters in a predominantly African-American neighborhood, early access to the polls according

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2014/09/republican-senator-in-georgia-would-prefer-educated-voters-to-a-bunch-of-african-american-shoppers/#fI2EwLsR6Yup5uB5.99

Oh, brother.  The Democrats have, historically, been pretty racist.  Lyndon Johnson, the "founder" of the Great Society and who started welfare, was very racist.  There's a long history of southern Democratic Congressmen and leaders of the Democratic party who were highly racist.   The fact that you seem to think that the Democrats aren't racist, when their policies are designed to keep blacks in poverty is astounding to me.  The only way to lift a man out of poverty is make sure there are as many jobs as possible, and that our national economy is healthy.   Democratic policies do just the opposite.  For example, since Obama has been president the unemployment rate of blacks has risen sharply, and that's direct result of his policies.  Yet, to listen to Obama the labor force in the US is in better shape than it's ever been.  Unfortunately, the average per capita income per household has dropped more than $5000 since 2010.  And, the labor participation rate is the lowest it has been in half a century.  Add to that the fact that he has grown the both the size and cost of government by an average of 10% or so per year, and the percentage of government employees of the total labor force has passed 50% under his leadership means that the US economy can no longer sustain itself.  

What pays for the government?  The taxes paid by the private sector.  When the public sector employment is larger than the private sector employment it is a  non-sustainable economy.    That hurts the poor man the worst of all.  And, the majority of the jobs created in the private sector for the last few years are part time jobs.  This ensures a rapidly shrinking middle class and that poverty is growing rapidly as a result.  It also means an economy that is going to start shrinking when the debt load on the consumer becomes too high, and that point cannot be too far away.  

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

I notice that you have to to back to the 1960's to prove your point. I gave examples from 2014. America has a history of race discrimination and obviously democrats were part of that. I am sure there are many democrats that are still racist. Its as American as Thanksgiving.

Einstein

I notice that you have to to back to the 1960's to prove your point. I gave examples from 2014. America has a history of race discrimination and obviously democrats were part of that. I am sure there are many democrats that are still racist. Its as American as Thanksgiving.

Racism is not unique to white people. Racism is as popular among the black,red or any other race as it is to those that are white and racist

• Like 2

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I am finding more blacks who are racist than whites. It has changed in America.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Racism is not unique to white people. Racism is as popular among the black,red or any other race as it is to those that are white and racist

Who said it was.

Einstein

Who said it was.

Racism and bigotry is something that will always be with us on this earth. Much less than previously but it  certainly is gaining ground again the last few years. 

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Racism and bigotry is something that will always be with us on this earth. Much less than previously but it  certainly is gaining ground again the last few years. 

Previously it was legal and now it's not. That is progress.

Einstein

Previously it was legal and now it's not. That is progress.

No it is not. It is not illegal to be racist or a bigot

• Moderators

you may be disappointed but....

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the United States[5] that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.[6] It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Einstein

you may be disappointed but....

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the United States[5] that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.[6] It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

I don't see any reason to be disappointed. This says you cannot act on your racism  or bigotry.