ClubAdventist is back!

Presidential candidates

• Moderators

This says you cannot act on your racism  or bigotry. 

I thought it would be obvious that thought can't be legislated against.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Perhaps the idea of future presidential elections in the USA is moot because Mr. Obama seems to be a closet supporter of militant Islam. (Note his reluctance to neutralize ISIS from its beginning, and more lately, the bombing of empty buildings in Syria during the middle of the night.) I wouldn't be shocked if he were to be conveniently out of town while all of the US lawmakers and military leaders died in some horrific "terrorist" act. Once in power as an absolute dictator, the US would become a Muslim nation overnight ruled by Sharia law. There might be a big problem on how to dispose of all of the severed heads of those Americans who refuse to become Muslim or pay tribute.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Members

:heavysigh::bigsigh::bdunno::sad::saywa::shrug:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I thought it would be obvious that thought can't be legislated against.

Ever since there was war in heaven, it would seem to reveal nothing moral legislated would guarantee proper behavior. That's why the ten commandments are based on the love exercised towards the Giver of those commands and none that do not exercise that love will enter there. considering this;

9"The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17

can we not see the wisdom to ask God to fulfill this promise for us?

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…Matt 7

33"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.      Jer 31

God is Love! Jesus saves!     :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

And your evidence for that is?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

I think that we have a Muslim for president.

And if we did?? Which I don't believe for one second! We've had Catholic's and Protestants, etc. What we do have is an African American President and I believe that in the future we will have a Female President! Will that also be a problem for you??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I think that we have a Muslim for president.

I can't read his mind, of course, but his actions and non-actions, as reported by the press, indicate to me that he is. He's just not upfront about it. He may turn out to be the greatest traitor in American history, or not.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

So what you are saying is that you really don't know and don't have any real evidence of your bald assertion.

It strikes me as just the contemporary versions of the politically motivated communist witch hunts of McCarthyism. It follows the worst strategy and of accusing someone of the worst possible thing politically and force a denial and then count that as lying.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

So what you are saying is that you really don't know and don't have any real evidence of your bald assertion.

It strikes me as just the contemporary versions of the politically motivated communist witch hunts of McCarthyism. It follows the worst strategy and of accusing someone of the worst possible thing politically and force a denial and then count that as lying.

After watching Obama for 6 years and his support of organizations such as Hamas, his treatment of Netanyahu, as well as his ability to sit in a church for 20 years and not know what theology is being taught in that church I really have to wonder about what religion he belongs to, if any....   His frequent remarks that smear Christianity, his unwillingness to to say that ISIS is Islamic in nature, his calling the Ft. Hood massacre "workplace violence" when the shooter ran around yelling allahu akbar, etc... all point to me that he leans towards being an Islamist at heart.   Then when you read his book Dreams from my Father and see that his father was a Muslim, a Marxist, an anti-colonialist, anti-Christian, and hated white people, there is enough evidence to really wonder what is really going on his head.   And, his being a proven liar when it comes to public political statements makes it very hard to accept him at face value when he says he's a Christian.  

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

After watching Obama for 6 years and his support of organizations such as Hamas, his treatment of Netanyahu, as well as his ability to sit in a church for 20 years and not know what theology is being taught in that church I really have to wonder about what religion he belongs to, if any....   His frequent remarks that smear Christianity, his unwillingness to to say that ISIS is Islamic in nature, his calling the Ft. Hood massacre "workplace violence" when the shooter ran around yelling allahu akbar, etc... all point to me that he leans towards being an Islamist at heart.   Then when you read his book Dreams from my Father and see that his father was a Muslim, a Marxist, an anti-colonialist, anti-Christian, and hated white people, there is enough evidence to really wonder what is really going on his head.   And, his being a proven liar when it comes to public political statements makes it very hard to accept him at face value when he says he's a Christian.  

Hebrews 12:27 The words "once more" indicate the removing of what ... ... This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable

things will remain. ... Then only the things that cannot be shaken will remain. ...

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

I suppose that the fact his skin is dark also helps one even start down this path...

I suppose that the fact his skin is dark also helps one even start down this path...

Not all that are opposed to Obama as president is racist,as hard as that is for some to believe. It actually has to do with the man that he is. While I doubt he is Muslim,at least a practicing one,his sympathies lean toward Islam.

If he has specific religious beliefs they undoubtedly lean towards that direction.

Dr Carson's skin is the same color and I doubt anyone would consider him a Muslim based on his skin color.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

Of course not. But I can predict that there will be many who will have equally harsh and outrageous things to say about Ben without ever touching that third rail of race. But the crticism of Ben and the opposition to him will for some be deeply rooted in things that won't ever be mentioned, like race. The same will be true for Hillary if she runs. There will be those who will rant and rail against her saying all kinds of ugly, untrue and foolish things about her without ever actually mentioning that they really just don't want a woman as president.

Blindly repeating this stupidity just encourages and reinforces those that do it for the wrong reasons to believe that others feel the same as they do.

What I find interesting about some of the comments....is that nothing has changed! People still judge on assumptions. It is the plague of the self assured.
The other is the continuation of 'not prejudiced', even though we all are to some degree or another.

When we can not admit our own biases, prejudices, rightness, we show no integrity.

• Members

I've already seen comments coming at Dr Carson, saying he would bring "religious baggage" to the presidency...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Of course not. But I can predict that there will be many who will have equally harsh and outrageous things to say about Ben without ever touching that third rail of race. But the crticism of Ben and the opposition to him will for some be deeply rooted in things that won't ever be mentioned, like race. The same will be true for Hillary if she runs. There will be those who will rant and rail against her saying all kinds of ugly, untrue and foolish things about her without ever actually mentioning that they really just don't want a woman as president.

Blindly repeating this stupidity just encourages and reinforces those that do it for the wrong reasons to believe that others feel the same as they do.

Of course there will be harsh things said about Dr Carson. Are you saying the black voter,liberal left and the liberals dressed up as republicans are racist?  With what Dr Carson stands for it will be tough for those groups to support anything he says or does.

We will rely on you I guess to explain what is true concerning Hilary. There are many reasons to not want that woman in the Oval office,none of them having to do with gender

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I've already seen comments coming at Dr Carson, saying he would bring "religious baggage" to the presidency...

Personally,I hope for his sake and that of his family he doesn't run. 

• Like 1

What I find interesting about some of the comments....is that nothing has changed! People still judge on assumptions. It is the plague of the self assured.

The other is the continuation of 'not prejudiced', even though we all are to some degree or another.

When we can not admit our own biases, prejudices, rightness, we show no integrity.

As you are doing now? Half way thru the second term we have far more than assumptions to go one. According to the unprejudiced

Obama bears no responsibility whatsoever for the bad taste he leaves for many,or so you would have us all believe.

With his background and his own behavior and comments he has fueled that particular belief. There isn't any law that says a American born Muslim cannot become president. The fault would be in lying about it.

• Administrators

As you are doing now? Half way thru the second term we have far more than assumptions to go one. According to the unprejudiced

Obama bears no responsibility whatsoever for the bad taste he leaves for many,or so you would have us all believe.

With his background and his own behavior and comments he has fueled that particular belief. There isn't any law that says a American born Muslim cannot become president. The fault would be in lying about it.

Just as there is no law saying a black man or a woman cannot become president. The fault is those who lie that their hatred is racist or anti-woman and in not other lies about the person to ruin the reputation, heighten the opposition, and create the the illusion of failure, undesirability, etc. to the extent that nobody like them (black or woman) will ever be given a similar chance. Racism and sexism may not always be overtly hateful against the other. It may be mostly an overwhelming preference for those like oneself to the complete exclusion of anyone different, unwillingness to give the other a chance, a break or even benefit of the doubt.

Just as there is no law saying a black man or a woman cannot become president. The fault is those who lie that their hatred is racist or anti-woman and in not other lies about the person to ruin the reputation, heighten the opposition, and create the the illusion of failure, undireability, etc. to the extent that nobody like them (black or woman) will ever be given a similar chance. Racism and sexism may not always be overtly hateful against the other. It may be mostly an overwhelming preference for those like oneself to the complete exclusion of anyone different.

A lot of people that dislike Obama as president would vote for Dr Carson. He is not like those of us that would vote for him. His achievements far outshine that of most people that began his life in the circumstances he did.  And he is black. His life and what he stands for carries a lot more weight than the color of his skin. Just as what Obama stands for carries a lot of weight.

The lack of a woman president falls directly to women. If women truly wanted a woman president we wold have had one by now.

Most who oppose to Hilary Clinton being president do so because of what she has shown of her character.

• Administrators

Yes. The increasingly disturbing reality is the increasing prevalence of religious prejudice. And because it is linked to deeply held values and often linked to ones heritage, ethnicity and now politics, it is really hard to sort out and all the more difficult to resolve. And it is all the more difficult because many see nothing wrong with it at all and in fact feel morally justified in holding such a prejudice.

For Ben, expect him to be questioned about how he can keep the Sabbath as president, a 24/7 job and of course having to deal with he many misconceptions and confusion about Adventists.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Of course there will be harsh things said about Dr Carson. Are you saying the black voter,liberal left and the liberals dressed up as republicans are racist?  With what Dr Carson stands for it will be tough for those groups to support anything he says or does.

We will rely on you I guess to explain what is true concerning Hilary. There are many reasons to not want that woman in the Oval office,none of them having to do with gender

You seem to have forgotten that the worst attacks and smear campaigns start during the primaries. It will be Ben's own party that will start this nonsense against him. The reason for that is faily simple. The substantive differences are much more nuanced and harder to differentiate one candidate from another. So you have bury the opponents at that stage in irrelevant BS in hopes they can't effectively deal with it, something will stick to them and nobody will be able to seriously consider their real merits.

You seem to have forgotten that the worst attacks and smear campaigns start during the primaries. It will be Ben's own party that will start this nonsense against him. The reason for that is faily simple. The substantive differences are much more nuanced and harder to differentiate one candidate from another. So you have bury the opponents at that stage in irrelevant BS in hopes they can't effectively deal with it, something will stick to them and nobody will be able to seriously consider their real merits.

I haven't forgotten anything. Of course the liberals passing themselves off as republicans will be right in there.However at this point it is blacks and white liberals that are condemning him.

It is not difficult to determine the differences between a lot of candidates . Bill Clinton was a well known immoral sleeze long before he ran for president.   Obama told us exactly who he was while he was running.

• Administrators

I suppose that there are no republicans passing themselves off as democrats...  :reyes:

You make it sound like that nobody from within the Republican party would stoop to these kinds of attacks, that it has to be impostors infiltrating the party.  That's a bit silly and naive.  Racism and sexism and religious bigotry seems to know no party boundaries.