ClubAdventist is back!

Presidential candidates

I suppose that there are no republicans passing themselves off as democrats...  :reyes:

You make it sound like that nobody from within the Republican party would stoop to these kinds of attacks, that it has to be impostors infiltrating the party.  That's a bit silly and naive.  Racism and sexism and religious bigotry seems to know no party boundaries.

Never said that at all. I didn't mean imposters in the typical sense at all. There are many liberal republicans that are more democrat in ideology than conservative. Why they identify with republicans is a mystery. Of course republicans will stoop to the same kind of attacks.

There is as much of a difference between conservatives and the mainstream republican party as there is between conservative and democrats.

A liberal republican is only marginally better than a democrat.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I've already seen comments coming at Dr Carson, saying he would bring "religious baggage" to the presidency...

Of course.  The attacks have already begun.  Next will be the attacks on him not being black enough because he's conservative.  The liberal media will always find some excuse to attack a conservative Presidential candidate.  If they had been able to find some dishonesty, character defect, etc... they would have already have attacked that.  They are reduced to "religious baggage" because they can't find anything else.  Take it for what it is, a personal attack, as Carson's political positions are thought out very well and he will destroy his opponents in any debate on the issues.  

As usual, it's attack the person not debate the issues.  

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

I, personally, though I suggested it, do not think that either Palin or Carson would have much of a chance at winning.  Though I like Carson and believe that he is a clear thinker, I do not believe that a Seventh-day Adventist would be able to make that adjustments and compromises necessary on a daily basis that would be contrary to his faith.  Yes, I know all about Joseph, and Daniel.  THEY had ABSOLUTE Power.   The President of the US does NOT have absolute power.    A Seventh-day Adventist would not be able to separate his religious beliefs from his secular duties.  Absolutely no cabinet meetings nor emergency meeting because it's the Sabbath???  I don't think so.....    Should he become president I think that the church would be in for a 'wild ride' ......Maybe we should head for the mountains right now!!!! Nuff Sed

• Like 1

Double like to Joeb

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Of course.  The attacks have already begun.  Next will be the attacks on him not being black enough because he's conservative.  The liberal media will always find some excuse to attack a conservative Presidential candidate.  If they had been able to find some dishonesty, character defect, etc... they would have already have attacked that.  They are reduced to "religious baggage" because they can't find anything else.  Take it for what it is, a personal attack, as Carson's political positions are thought out very well and he will destroy his opponents in any debate on the issues.  

As usual, it's attack the person not debate the issues.  

Actually, I've not seen anyone "attack" Dr. Carson.  I've only seen the comments that he would bring "religious baggage" to the presidency.  That's different than "attacking" someone.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Regarding this US election cycle.

As I read the Spirit f prophecy: the BIG winners will be Republicans and Protestants.

Then with 2/3rds of the US government being to the right and the president not wanting to be "left behind"

the final events will be rapid ones.

Get your ticket now while they are still available

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Regarding this US election cycle.

As I read the Spirit f prophecy: the BIG winners will be Republicans and Protestants.

Then with 2/3rds of the US government being to the right and the president not wanting to be "left behind"

the final events will be rapid ones.

Get your ticket now while they are still available

I'd like to point out why this will occur, at least in my estimation.

This country is going so far to the "progressive" side of things, which is anti-God as it is the government dispenses individual rights and very much anti-Biblical even in things that it purports to be Biblical such as social programs to "take care" of everyone.  Why are these social programs anti-Biblical?  Because Christ said we are to love our neighbor and to give from the heart.  Government social programs are not even close to being based upon that.  They take money from people entirely opposed to these things at the point of the government's guns, and make not mistake about it taxes are enforced with the entire power of the government.  

Charity is designed by God to change our hearts, and funding social welfare programs through taxation does nothing to transform the human heart.  It does just the opposite.  Rather than teach dependence upon God it teaches people to depend upon government.  

The other thing happening right now is the destruction of our Constitution which protects our freedoms.  Once that is done, and the people become accustomed to looking to government for everything having the government legislate what people must believe will be only a small step when the pendulum has swung the other direction.  

Alexis de Tocqueville

Actually, I've not seen anyone "attack" Dr. Carson.  I've only seen the comments that he would bring "religious baggage" to the presidency.  That's different than "attacking" someone.

Not really.  It's saying that his religion, which has a great deal to do with who he is, makes him someone that is/would be a lousy candidate for President.  It's make his religion a disqualification for being President.  It was the same with Romney.  He was attacked for being a Mormon.  That's a personal attack as it has nothing to do with his being qualified for being President, and nothing to do the issues before our country.  

Alexis de Tocqueville

I suppose that the fact his skin is dark also helps one even start down this path...

Does the fact I'd vote for black politicians who believe in the same things I do make me a racist in your eyes too?  Probably.  I'm a conservative so I have to be racist, right?  

Are you a racist because you wouldn't vote for, or agree with, a conservative black politician?  If you're going to be honest you must say yes, because you evidently believe that disagreeing with a black politician makes a person a racist.  

Alexis de Tocqueville

Does the fact I'd vote for black politicians who believe in the same things I do make me a racist in your eyes too?  Probably.  I'm a conservative so I have to be racist, right?  

Are you a racist because you wouldn't vote for, or agree with, a conservative black politician?  If you're going to be honest you must say yes, because you evidently believe that disagreeing with a black politician makes a person a racist.  

If you are a conservative and dislike the policies of a black or liberal politician you are without question a homophobe,bigot,want children to starve,enforce your religious belief on others.If you are a liberal you are simply informed and right of course.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman