ClubAdventist is back!

the new forum

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Administrators

I think members can turn off viewing signatures of others.

That's what it seemed to me when Pam could see them but LynnDel couldn't.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

here's how to toggle the signature viewing:

go to your Profile.  In the top right hand corner is a black box labeled "Edit my profile"... click that.

on the left hand side, you'll see a list of features you can modify... one is "ignore preferences"...  click on that..

up at the top you'll then see "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages" and a little box you can "tick" to ignore all signatures or "untick" to see them all...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Oh yeah, now I remember. Some people had longer signatures than most of their posts, so I set signatures off. I didn't realize those preferences transferred here. Duh...

LD

Yes. I always strive to have my signature longer than my post. I'm a man of few words.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I think it UnAmerican to ignore my doodad signatures.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Oops.

why do you keep writing "oops"???

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

LOL

• Administrators

Maybe I should try using IE. Sometimes Firefox doesn't run all the forms options.

Just had another complaint about Firefox

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Yes. I always strive to have my signature longer than my post. I'm a man of few words.

Woody, I really think you need to remove the bleeding heart from your signature. I should think that your heart would be jumping for joy these days!

• Like 3

Due to popular demand - bleeding heart is GONE

• Like 2

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Kelly!! Nice to see you!!

You should be able to turn those off in your profile. Then you might need to log out and log back in, or refresh to update your status.  My settings > Notification options

How have you been?

• Moderators

I have the same problem as Kelly. Emailed status updates are sent by default. I wonder if that could be changed. When I go to the area where it should be changeable, the default box cannot be unclicked.

LD

• Members

I'm also now getting status updates of replies to member's status updates.  Annoying.

• Administrators

Okay, okay, I hear ya. I have adjusted some of the notification permissions. I think you will find more options now in your My Settings area. If there are others that you would like done, mention it here.

• Like 2

Not sure why I am getting all these announcements when I never had before. I suppose I need to redo things since there is new software.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

thanks, Gail !!!!  :)

• Administrators

I just discovered that you can also turn off notifications in your private message area. There is a box at the bottom of your message area with the word "delete" in it. It gives you a drop-down box with more options than just delete for the messages that you select. One of them is, "turn off notifications".

• Members

I just got another status update, even though my preferences show I shouldn't be receiving any.  That's odd.  Maybe the software assumes I need to know.  lol

• Administrators

I'm also now getting status updates of replies to member's status updates.  Annoying.

Pam, I've changed this to inline notifications. No more e-mails OR I think you may be able to choose.

There are some switches that I haven't changed, thinking that "someone" may have set them up that way for a reason.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Rule Summary:

COPPA imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.

Kelly:  Please see the above. 

As you have formally listed your age as 10 years, with a comparable birthdate, you have triggered that above Federal law.  Now Stan is required to apply the provisions of that law to your posting in this forum.

Were you aware of that?

Gregory