ClubAdventist is back!

Quotas

Woody

What is the quota for being positive?

I used one 'like' today and then after that .... it said I had reached my quota of 'likes'.

• Like 3

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I vote for no quotas on "likes" dgrimm. But then I am not in charge here.

I believe in Hematology.

Is anyone else restricted on being positive or am I the only one that a restriction has been placed upon?

• Like 2

I believe in Hematology.

Maybe this is why the forum owner is complaining that there are too many negative people here.  He's limiting the positivity.....  LOL.

• Like 2
Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

No gremlin, just was only allowed 10 per 24-hr period. I've upped that to 20.

If you are more positive than that, PM me.

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Now this is way cool! 

Look at this..... 

After I "Like" a comment given by someone, I can "Unlike" it. For whatever reason. 

Is this a sign of some massive group USA mental illness to make such an option available for NorthADivision? An option that caters to changing one's mind about a good comment and it can be technically changed also in a very short space of time?  :reyes:

• 4 weeks later...

"Warning points" are off-putting.  It's like someone is out there, waiting to award them.  What are the levels of Warning?

Shall I count them as laurels? ;-)

GnuPG/PGP key: 0xB07F9AAE

• Administrators

If you are referring to your personal/private messages in your inbox, after you have clicked on the open envelope icon for your messages, click on the "view all messages" link.  Then to delete any of the messages simply check to little box to the far right and scroll to the bottom where you will see the options for actions to checked boxes.  The default is delete, so if that is showing just click the "go" button.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

"Warning points" are off-putting.  It's like someone is out there, waiting to award them.  What are the levels of Warning?

Shall I count them as laurels? ;-)

Yes. That's me! LOL just ask the other admins!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I started a course on Human-Computer Interaction.  I changed my web pages because of it.  I won't say any more.

<?php

if ($warning_points == 0) {

// Shut up.  Display nothing.

} else {

// Say/display something.  They're already in trouble.

}

?>

Or don't you have access to the PHP code?

GnuPG/PGP key: 0xB07F9AAE

• Administrators

Have you seen any warning points given out? Do you think they are a good idea or not? Just curious.

• Members

I've seen it on other forums.  What usually happened is a warning would be given.  If nothing further occurred within the next 4 weeks, then the warning was removed, and the person got to begin afresh.  If warnings continued to be made, then the person had fair warning of what was going to happen.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Mostly is this public warning point system rather disconcerting.

It's hard enough to build up a proper image here to be loved and wanted, what with the past conflicts, that to have public whiplashes of points against you seems to be very old-fashion school of 1800's.

Private loving but firm admonishment the first and second time followed by a lock-out for a set period when offending on the third time ought to be policy, imo.

Hi Ted,

This is programing of code I always wondered about.

I started a course on Human-Computer Interaction.  I changed my web pages because of it.  I won't say any more.

<?php

if ($warning_points == 0) {

// Shut up.  Display nothing.

} else {

// Say/display something.  They're already in trouble.

}

?>

Or don't you have access to the PHP code?

--------------------

This is a very good 'off topic' topic that I hope you will open up elsewhere so I could talk with you more about code and html and stuff. Okay?

• Moderators

Can anyone give warning points, or just moderators? I've been watching for an opportunity to give one, just to see what will happen, but so far I have seen anything I need to warn about.

LD

I'm trying to find a way to warn people about you LynnDel .... but I don't seem to have that option.

I believe in Hematology.

:thatsfunny: ..... Woody wanting to warn us about Lynndel... ha!

She should give warning points, or warn she will be doing so, to each of us when we get too serious over non-serious stuff. :)