ClubAdventist is back!

Sweet Revenge

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

The following is a true story of events that occurred many years ago, all names have been changed:

Joe and Sue are married.

Sarah and Tom are married and have Stan, a hyperactive child.

The two couples are close friends and Joe cannot stand being around Stan.

Tom is out of town on business.  Sue is out shopping.  As she returns home she notices Joe and Sarah sitting on the front porch of their home and relating to each other in a very friendly manner.  Neither notices Sue driving by her home.

Sue  drives up the alley in the back of their home, enters to obtain he family credit card and returns to her shopping.  When she returns she shows Joe the total new out that she has purchased at a 3-figure sum (remember many years ago.).  Joe asks he why she has spent such a large amount of money and she simply says:  I think you know why.

The next evening as Sue is preparing supper she mentions to Joe that with Tom out of town, she has invited Sarah and Stan over for supper.

The next evening, the same conversation occurs.

The third evening it  happens again.

And again on the 4th evening.

As Sue repeats that conversation the 5th evening, Joe looks at her and says:  You have made your point, I understand what you are doing.

Issue resolved!   :)  :)  :)

Gregory

• Moderators

Joe paid a price for being friendly with Sarah.  First, his wife got an expensive new outfit.  Second, for five nights in a row he had to put up with hyperactive Stan in his home.  Joe decided that enough was enough.

Gregory

• Members

OK, I got it now!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

They were good friends.  However, when Sue saw her husband and Sarah sitting on the front porch, in full view of the neighbors, engaged in close personal contact, she realized that the friendship extended beyond what was acceptable to her.  So, she took action.

Part of that action was requiring her husband to put up with the hyperactive child that drove him crazy.

:)

Gregory

CoAspen,

You discounted jealousy just because of friendship?  Are you married, or have you ever even had a girlfriend?    :poke:

I'm not just saying only women get jealous, just in case any of the women here think that's what I'm saying.  

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville