ClubAdventist is back!

Sabbath Sermon: Adam and Steve

bonnie

???

I'm taking training lessons on how to post quotes. Not sure I've learned anything yet but I'd like to suggest, at least from the reading of the Word, the worst of man is laid out for everyone to see. Some where in the Spirit of Prophecy it's written the placing of mankind as some being better than others is a great evil.

God is Willing to Teach Others—The idea that one man’s mind and judgment can mold and direct important interests, and that he can be regarded as a voice for the people, is a great evil, and has, and still continues to endanger the one who is placed in a position of responsibility, and those also who cooperate with him. God has not given to any one man all the wisdom, and wisdom will not die with him. Those placed in positions of trust should modestly regard the opinions of others as worthy of respect and likely to be as correct as their own. They should remember that God has made other men just as valuable as they are, and that God is willing to teach and guide these men.—Manuscript 55, 1897 (June 3, 1897, Development of Workers). {ChL 36.4}  
underlined emphasis mine LHC

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Coming Out: Former Gays Testify of God’s Saving Love

http://whitehorsemedia.com/store/10-dvd/112-coming-out-former-gays-testify-of-gods-saving-love.html#.VIJGoYdY2Fc

This link is for the DVDs. Its a 13 part series by White Horse Media. Which will air on 3ABN

Here are the times:

The topics for the next 13 Sunday nights are:

Sunday night, Dec. 7: Out of Innocence, with Wayne Blakely

Sunday night, Dec. 14: Becoming a Man, with Mike Carducci

Sunday night, Dec. 21: Exploding the Gay Myth, with Ron Woolsey

Sunday night, Dec. 28: The Owner's Manual

Sunday night, Jan. 4: I Love You?

Sunday night, Jan. 11: Homophobia

Sunday night, Jan. 18: Are YOU Tempted?

Sunday night, Jan. 25: The Blame Game

Sunday night, Feb. 1: Can You Pray the Gay Away?

Sunday night, Feb. 8: Salvation by Sex?

Sunday night, Feb. 15: Is it Possible to be Gay and Christian?

Sunday night, Feb. 22: The War for our Souls

Sunday night, Mar. 1: "Help Me!" (resources)

Network worldwide starting this Sunday night, December 7, at 8:00 PM (Pacific Time), 9:00 PM (Mountain Time), 10:00 PM (Central Time), 11:00 PM (Eastern Time).

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

1. Romans 1 gives the reason for homosexuality. I never connected it to modern times until I listened to a sermon by Jack Colon where he tied our insistence in teaching evolution into Romans1 and the result is that God has turned society over to their lusts. I always thought this passage only applied to Israel not long before they were scattered among the nations. But it also has an end time application. I find the article posted disturbing to say the least. To imply that we can do what we want because God is merciful and understands is just a sad indicator of how low  we as a church have fallen. When some of our main institutions are trying to promote homosexuality like PUC, La Sierra and other of our schools are doing we know that the end cannot be to far in the distance. We used to be people of the Word, what happened?
  • Like 1

Thy word is a lamp to my feet

To overcome relates to behavior.   Behavior can be changed.

Orientation may not be changeable and there is no evidence that homosexuality can be normally be changed as a condition.

Having the condition is not a sin.  A friend of mine gave up the use of tobacco.  Yet there was never a day in which he did not desire a smoke.

No, "the condition" is the root of sin.  We are born "in iniquity"...meaning we are born "bent-to-self".  Because we are bent-to-self we naturally sin (behavior). 

Psalm 51:5.  David was “shapen in iniquity” from his very birth.  This was his spiritual condition since physically he was handsome [1 Samuel 16:12].  The primary meaning of iniquity is not an act but a condition. As a result of the fall, man by very nature is spiritually “bent,” so that the driving force of his very nature is love of self. Paul defines it as “the law of sin and death” [Romans 7:23; 8:2].  It is this condition that is the basis of all our sinning, and which makes us slaves to sin [Romans 3:9-12; 7:14].

Paul defined indwelling sin (our condition) as sin:  Rom 7:8 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh (my humanity)....20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me

Because we are born bent-to-self (our condition) we are disqualified for heaven.  That's why Paul said, "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God"...He went on to say that "we must be changed" at the 2nd coming.

Rom 7:8 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh (my humanity)....20 Now if I do (Behavior) what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin (condition) that dwells within me.

As a heterosexual I was born with a perverted nature (condition) that desires sex with as many women as possible (behavior).  That's my condition by birth.

Now shall I claim, as do some homosexuals, that's the way I am and why battle with it?

Turn to Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery (sex outside the marriage), fornication (sex before marriage ), uncleanness, lewdness (unnatural, perverted sex such as sodomy, etc),.... and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The question is "what is a practiced sin"?

It's an unforgiven sin...a sin we refuse to acknowledge as sin and therefore in our judgment it is not sin.  If adultery, fornication and sodomy are not sins then I don't need a Savior. That's the issue.

Now turn to 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

What is sin (behavioral speaking)?  The transgression of the law!  While we aren't "under the law" the law still points out sin so we can flee to Christ for forgiveness and the power to overcome our besetting sins.  This is not salvation by works because we already have eternal life in the doing & dying of Christ.  On the contrary our fruit is the result of resting in Christ's finished work.

If a homosexual has relapses and falls back into behavioral sins there is forgives.  I perfectly understand besetting sins.  The question is what do we do when we sin?  Do we cover it up?  Do we exclaim, "that's not sin and I will not repent"?  If so, that's a practiced sin.  Eventually any known practiced sin will lead you to renounce Christ and that leads to apostasy.  

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Not to resurrect this thread, but I came across this link:

Do you see his argument's as having any merits!! What are your thoughts??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I reviewed the video. I believe to say the prohibitions were not applicable to those in committed relationships is a stretch because the act itself is deemed unnatural.The thou shalt not commit adultery is the commandment specifically broken because it forbids other immoral behavior. This is not part of the ceremonial law that was done away with. In the beginning before sin and the codified law God created one man and one woman and they were married. Marriages other than between one man and one woman are not according to His order. Why not be safe and take the clear and obvious instead of the convoluted and tortuous interpretation of the Scriptures.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.