ClubAdventist is back!

Positive Side of This Forum

aka

:thumbsup:

What I like about the new Forum software:

1. Behind these hyperlinks is the info. No more using up page space with the fully published lists. The Moderating Team,    Today's Top Posters    Overall Top Posters    Most Liked Content
  2. Hovering over the far right end of each index category shows an ‘– or +’ to open or close the selection
  3. A calendar of the present month is up top right. I use it a lot for orientating my forgetfulness of what day it is.
  4. Status updates has a better value than the old shoutbox.
  5. World Wide Adventist Forum    Main Discussion Topics    User to User Technical Support.  At the top of each page is the url path given. With one back click I’m in main topics again.
  6. Hot  54 replies    641 views    This is to the right of topic title. I like the red background for hot. It helps to quickly orientate.
  7. “Like This” button is a very positive addition. Makes saying thanks for what you said easier.
  8. Recently Updated   Start Date   Most Replies   Most Viewed     Custom  ----These choices are most useful for arranging one’s reading mode. The Custom button gives a whole lot of options that are quite good. This listing is to found in the blue ribbon at the top of each opened Forum Sector.
  9. It’s really nice to be given the option to edit a post and it is republished without a scribble of having edited it. Really cool!
  10. By clicking on one’s Profile and looking on that page to the left under ‘overview’ there is the title ‘likes’. I find that a good read.
  11. happy days when spell check arrives.
  • Like 3

12.  Going slowly down the various Forum topics on the index page, you’ll see by each topic a faded arrow point down. Hover over it and it comes alive. It gives you a sneak preview of the last messages to the topic.

13. We can check the box when signing in which allows us to sign-in anonymously.

14. I like the ‘quick navigation’ option up top to enter swiftly a certain forum sector.

• Like 2

15.  I do like the blue band at the top in Members sector giving: Member Name; Post Count; Join Date.

Up right corner you can also insert the name of the person and click on search whole database.

The first entry gives a list of alphabet letters to the left to click on for the first letter of a person’s name.

The second entry gives the amount of posts each has entered over time.

Hurrah and Cheers to the ones who are on the first and second page with their ‘thousands’ of messages posted.

Now that’s real commitment!!

The third entry shows the real veterans of this ClubA. They are in the ‘know’ of the battles, struggles, tears, hurt feelings, offensives thrown out, misunderstandings leading to verbal fights, and relationships of animosity that have been smeared like graffiti over all the walls in this Forum.

I personally sense that the nasties have put on a surgical mask to muffle their discontent because there is quietness around the rooms now. Three cheers for the moderators who have mastered a manner to privately approach the passive aggressive ones before they blow their tops and hurt others.    :pontificator: 

• Like 2

I personally sense that the nasties have put on a surgical mask to muffle their discontent because there is quietness around the rooms now. Three cheers for the moderators who have mastered a manner to privately approach the passive aggressive ones before they blow their tops and hurt others.    :pontificator: 

Ahhh, the viscitudes of life. Amazing what develops from a discontented mind. But of course not mine. LoL

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

• Like 2

Lift Jesus up!!

It's nice to see a positive thread.

• Like 2

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Oh, happy, happy days!  I figured out just now how to upload pictures and icons from my harddrive into a message!

1. position your fingers in the Reply box

2. click down right corner "More Reply Options

3. the box reloads/refreshes so don't panic

4. when it settles down, scroll down to the bottom

5. you'll see 'attach files'. Be bold and click on the words "Choose Files".

6. follow the path of where your pictures are stored and choose one.

7. the code number or the name for the .gif, .jpeg, or .png is now next to the button 'Choose File'.

8. click on 'attach file'.It it worked it will appear in thumbnail form above 'attach files' to the left.

9. click 'add to post'. It appears right under your words of sentences. You can push it down a bit if needed.

10. Finally.... scroll down to bottom and click "add reply" (white letters on a black background button)

post-20-0-68019700-1414603089.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

16. A number of options for the sake of manuvering 

I just found this out today that at the left side of "View New Content" more to the bottom are some niffty help aids.

I just need to figure out what 'Filter by forum' means

Clicking on one of these will upload just the content of the option.

One comes faster onto what one aims for when searching.

Other

:hiya: hi doug,

you pop up and say your piece then disappear  post-20-0-47182600-1415708551.gif

I suppose that's alright. Each has their own writing style. I do believe you are really loved here because of your ever constant presence and loyalty. You must be a very nice and kind guy to get to know in real-time life. Sorry I won't have the chance to do so in this life. 

Please don't think anyone of us, and especially me, see you as a fly in the ointment.

Quite the contrary. You give us with your presence here a sense of homely familiarity.

Like the sigh of relief we have when we sit down in the comfy chair and put our feet up on the polstered foot-stool to watch Downton Abbey. 

I do have a twitter and facebook account but never write in either of those social media.

It bugs me unendlessly to just jot out a one-liner as outreach to another cyber spook.

I need to express full thoughts that have four or five paragraphs and love it when the dialogue partner does the same.

So if you write a comment to what I posted please don't think I am ignoring you by not giving some sort of answer.

I see, I acknowledge, I am grateful. However, I am hesitant to draw attention to myself by giving so many "thank you very much" each time you post. So please understand my quiet non-answer to your expressions of thanks for a message. There are no negative thoughts from me to you.

okay.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

17. Have you all looked into your 'MySettings' at the top of this page under your logged in name?

Among the group of listings, these are the ones I am positively happy about the most:

World Wide Adventist Forum My control panel Settings Profile Customization

World Wide Adventist Forum  My control panel  Settings  Display Name

World Wide Adventist Forum  My control panel  Settings  'Ignore' Preferences

World Wide Adventist Forum  My control panel  Settings  Manage Attachments

Now that's giving us personal management power we didn't use before.

18.  I had a just wonderful experience come to me five minutes ago. I was coloring a few words in on the reply I was composing to send off. I seemed to have fiddled to much with the cursor and caused the whole message to go 'poof' into Neverland.

Disgusted with my clumsyness and feeling dismayed at my loss, I just lowered my eyes and took a rest. Slowly my eyes got to focusing on the small print in the reply window lower left corner.

"View saved content". uhuuuuu. Curiosity caused me to click in those words and low-and-behold the missing message appeared once again. I was so relieved. Now I am looking at this new window for replying in and reading the small print in the left bottom corner which is saying "Last auto saved: 9:34:57"

Down from hour/minutes/seconds.

Now that's a real blessing to know that every minute or so the message is being saved to cache and can be retrieved.

Yeah! for the new software.      post-20-0-22817500-1417627137.gif

• Like 2

post-20-0-61869700-1417869462.gif

......acknowledgement appreciated.

It's a lot of fun scurrying around and discovering good points about the software function and features.

In due course of time I'll need to post some negative aspects as well.

Hey, mister Sysop... a few times you got the  0 warning posts    deleted from under my name. In visitor view.

Sadly it didn't stick so when I logged in it popped up again.

Could you please ask the support team for help on this problem?

• Administrators

Having zero warning points is a good thing...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Brother Tom.... post-20-0-97406100-1417878317.gif  .... I'm agreeing to your positive approach to my delemma.

However...

There is a dark cloud over my C/A online presence with the label of "warning" status under my name.

1. No one else has this designation

2. Thusly it gives the faint indication I have been singled out for a possible punishment coming

3.  It makes me look like a threat of doing wrong is expected of me by you big guys from me.

post-20-0-56223400-1417879304.gif

• Administrators

Actually, everyone has the same line. But you can only see your own warning points. (Admins, however, can see everyone's warning points.) I didn't comment on that part until you confirmed what I suspected was the case. The reason you could not see that line under your name when you signed in as a guest was because the software does not recognize you as a visitor as being the same user as Yentyl. So you as a visitor cannot see Yentyl's warning points. Warning points are a matter between admin and the user to create an additional tool to enforce forum rules.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

There is a dark cloud over my C/A online presence with the label of "warning" status under my name.

1. No one else has this designation

Won't you just be glad when this comes to stay (as opposed to pass)

23When they had been released, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. 24And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, "O Lord, it is You who MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM...Acts 4 emphasis thier's LHC

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

Actually, everyone has the same line. But you can only see your own warning points. (Admins, however, can see everyone's warning points.) I didn't comment on that part until you confirmed what I suspected was the case. The reason you could not see that line under your name when you signed in as a guest was because the software does not recognize you as a visitor as being the same user as Yentyl. So you as a visitor cannot see Yentyl's warning points. Warning points are a matter between admin and the user to create an additional tool to enforce forum rules

Now you have helped me see the problem in another light.

1. All have this sentence under their name but none other can see the other's warning points or the sentence.

2. My paranoia is subdued.

3. ohwell.... the excitement of yet another ClubA conspiracy of Admins toward members is now moot. 

ahhhh, i do wish to be a good girl here but the truth is only God is Good. Mark 10:18

LHC...

Now that is real worship praise as they unitedly said  "O Lord, it is You who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them."

Thanks for bearing with me and having to read all these negative complainings I've posted.

Things will be quieter my end now that the non-conspiracy has been put to rest.

P.s.

Dear LifeHisCost, my I ask a favor of you? I love it how you use bible verses. Sadly I must admit  I really get distracted with the blue bible verse numbers. Bible verses were never in the original and are not inspired. Deleting them before posting would do no harm and actually make reading the bible verses that much more smoothly.

P.s.

Dear LifeHisCost, my I ask a favor of you? I love it how you use bible verses. Sadly I must admit  I really get distracted with the blue bible verse numbers. Bible verses were never in the original and are not inspired. Deleting them before posting would do no harm and actually make reading the bible verses that much more smoothly.

I appreciate the concern of your request and would like to add a couple of thoughts. First, in my own interest for the sake of myself in adding extra time and effort to remove the numbering, if it is something the majority of readers find helpful, I'll be happy to oblige.

OTOH, I respectfully disagree with you that the method of separating the message is not inspired. Just as the Word is now bound in paper volumes for the sake of readily being available to the masses, as opposed to keeping it in rolled leather scrolls as it was originally transcribed, so methods especially formulated for readily available multitudenous, easily accessible copies of even the smallest portions of the Holy Writ have been provided to men at the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Please accept my apologies for asking a greater number of individual acknowledgements on the part of others before I make the extra effort re: to the deletions for which you've asked.

Keep looking up.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

19. One of my favorite software options here is Profile/MySettings/Ignore 'preferences'.  It gives me/us the choice of entering names of members we wish to be more invisible. So there is the possibility to hide their messages postings, their signature lines, their P.M's attempts and hide chat (not sure how that works).

20. I like also clicking on the smiley icon in the bar above the reply window. The list of smiles appears at the bottom to choose from. I can then click on the main icon smiley and all the long list of icons disappears.

• 2 weeks later...

21.  The majority of us click on "View New Content" first after logging in to C-Adventist Forum.

Checking the left hand column gives  prefered optional choices.

The settings you make affects the visual layout of the page.

By content type

By time period

Other

22.     The second step I take after first viewing  "View New Content" is to click on my Profile and  scroll through to reach "My Content".  It's the only way I can figure out where I posted the days before and then go have a look if someone gave a reply.

This is the map of our Profile