ClubAdventist is back!

Making Good Decisions out of Poor Decisions

Sojourner

As I reflect on my life I look back over and reflect that a number of my decisions were the wrong decision. It seems that young people are required to make some of the hardest decisions at a very early age when perhaps they do not have the experience of life to guide them in their decision making processes. 

I am fortunate though in that in amongst the bad decisions that I made were some good decisions also. I married the right person, and found a career that was the right one. Naturally I became a born again Christian and I began to make decisions based on what I felt Christ was calling me to do rather than what simply seemed to be the best option at the time. 

What I would like to say to people is that poor decisions do not have to become your life story. We all make mistakes in some cases very big ones, yet there is no life that God cannot take hold of and make new, no matter what you have done. Don't live your life continuing to make poor decisions one after another because you think that is the kind of person you are. - It's okay to embrace change and to find a new way to live your life. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

That's easy  to say now that you  have made the important choices in your life.  I would like to get that across to my son, once you have suffered from your bad decisions it is easy to blame others and feel poor me, everyone is against me.  And end up getting depressed and makiing more bad choices.

I am sure you can agree it isn't easy to turn your bad choices into good ones.  It's easy to say You Need Jsus, He has the answer to everything  -  when you are blaming having Jesus in your life to all the bad results.