ClubAdventist is back!

Negative Side of this Forum

aka

What I dislike about the features and functions of this Forum in its present mode…..

1.     While looking into a topic thread I see a chronological advance of the messages posted.

On the first page which opens up firstly is often messages dated months ago.

On the last page is the message that got posted yesterday. Flipping through 267 pages to get the most recent thought in the chain of communication is robbing us of our precious time.

Surely that can be reversed to ascending order over descending order?

2.     In the 264 pages of Members I see a rather ‘stupid’ way of signing up. By using a bunch of numbers. Mostly on page one. It has nothing to do with fellowship dialogue when our nickname is abstract. It’s SciFi weird and doesn’t help build up trust in others. Even those using acronym as display name for some special secret message I find most annoying. Addressing some posted message is way better if it has a personal sounding name at the top. Of course some spammers do sign up with just numbers or just alphabet letters. Those accounts need to be deleted IMO! 

No need to use real names, but a name is a name and ought to be recognized as such.

3.     When pulling up the profile page of an old well known member I get curious how far back their 1,845 postings of theirs get displayed. Shock of shocks!  In one case only three messages of theirs were found. I tried with a few others and all those who have over 200 to 2,000 get only a few past messages displayed. I sincerely don’t like that. Really not!

What’s with the archive? Or did someone really wipe out loads and loads of the past?

4.     What makes this ClubA very boring and lifeloss is the bad habit of members not to upload a visible avatar of some sort.. It’s easy to do and would give a comfortable feel of an audience togetherness, just like it should be. My suggestion is to award all and anyone here one month to get one’s personal choice of avatar up for viewing. When nothing happens, then I’ll get one up for you of my own choice. You may not like it so it is better if you upload one yourself, right?

This is what I get off to the right when viewing the index front page :

That selection is given with a cover of green elongated buttons. Very nice and orderly.

However:

I used another browser today and saw some in the "raw" yahoo advertisement designer clothes to the right instead of the green buttons.

Horror of Horrors!     :scared:  :scared:  :scared: 

I knew this had to happen. It certainly is unfair of us to think the Sysop should pay out of his pocket for all and everything. 

Isn't there a 'stat' somewhere on this board showing that we have 5,400 somewhat signed members? I figure that the inactive pew sitters are not considering giving anything. But shouldn't the active ones donate as much as they can according to their involvement?

Suite Core $100

IP.Board$75

IP.Chat: 5 UsersFree

Standard SupportFree

Total $175 monthly

or Canadian Loonies 195.70

extra choices

IP.Nexus

$75

IP.Content

$50

IP.Blog

$50

IP.Gallery

$65

IP.Downloads

$50

other than software expenses the hosting is $159.00 us per month..  nice server, very few problems server side any more,,  thanks Yentyl

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 3 months later...

5.  It's about my Chatroom experiences.

Maybe it was three times I used it with three different people.

I was having a grand time getting to know each of them a bit better.

However.....

Sure there is, and needs to be, a moderator of the room that nothing unethical takes place like:

* planning a terror act for San Antonio GC meeting

* bad mouthing leaders and policies

* starting something subtely unclean in verbal imagination

* bad gossiping about posting members

However.....

Is there someway a moderator can look in on what is being talked about without our knowing so our flow of conversation isn't interrupted just to greet them?

What is really buggy and impolite is some moderator coming into the room and we greet them and they don't acknowledge the greeting, they don't give us a friendly greeting, and they never withdraw by saying a good-bye, see ya later, I need to go now, or anything like that. They just appear without a connecting greeting and they leave without a kind parting take of leave.

What's the matter here? Is there no vestige of politeness due to talking members by the higher-uppers?

Is it possible to reserve private rooms to the chatroom somehow?

post-20-0-13864600-1422878528_thumb.jpg

• Members

If you click the name

Is it possible to reserve private rooms to the chatroom somehow?

yes.... you have the option of creating a private chat with someone in the chat room by clicking their name on the right hand side..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• 2 months later...

Shoutbox Stan quote:

"The waiting for the upgrade is flustering to me, the software people said within 7 days... we are well over that"

I don't know if they are feeling sorry for the delay, but empty promises are the trend in this generation.

Still they are obligated to you as customer so there is nothing else to do but wait. Perhaps a number of complaint e-mails might put action fire under their ....yah-yah.  :bargu: 

I wish the captain on the steering wheel of this boat would fine out how to move topics into another sector without the topic title remaining in the original place.

I wish the same captain would delete one of the duplicate topic threads on Amish which I started in another place.

I wish help from one with techny power to wave his wand over the reply-mask window so it stays longer active for editing.

Well, on this open talk note, I will close with a wave and a smile  :hiya: 

• 4 weeks later...

other than software expenses the hosting is $159.00 us per month..  nice server, very few problems server side any more,,  thanks Yentyl

​Stan, you are exceptionally gifted with patience. I' sure it's going to be a pleasure to meet you in the Kingdom.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!