ClubAdventist is back!

Beauties of the New Earth

aka

post-20-0-80449400-1415355352_thumb.jpg

Beauties of the New Earth.

"For behold, I create a new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind... And the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying... And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them... And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

The glorious City of God has twelve gates, set with pearls most glorious. It also has twelve foundations of various colors. The streets of the City are of pure gold. In this city is the throne of God, and a pure, beautiful river proceeding out of it, as clear as crystal. Its sparkling purity and beauty makes glad the City of God. The saints will drink freely of the healing waters of the river of life.

(YI, October 1, 1852)

On either side of this beautiful river is the tree of life. And the redeemed saints, who have loved God and kept his commandments here, will enter in through the gates of the City, and have right to the tree of life. They will eat freely of it, as our first parents did before their fall. The leaves of that immortal wide-spread tree will be for the healing of the nations. All their woes will then be gone. Sickness, sorrow and death they will never again feel, for the leaves of the tree of life have healed them. Jesus will then see of the travail of his soul [isa. liii, 11] and be satisfied, when the redeemed, who have been subject to sorrow, toil and afflictions, who have groaned beneath the curse, are gathered up around that tree of life to eat of its immortal fruit, that our first parents forfeited all right to, by breaking God's commands. There will be no danger of their ever losing right to the tree of life again, for he that tempted our first parents to sin, will be destroyed by the second death. (YI, October 1, 1852)

All faces will reflect the image of their Redeemer. There will then be no anxious, troubled countenances, but all will be bright, and smiling in spotless purity. The angels will be there, also the resurrected saints with the martyrs, and the best of all, and what will cause us the most joy, our lovely Saviour who suffered and died that we might enjoy that happiness and freedom, will be there.--His glorious face will shine brighter than the sun, and light up the beautiful City, and reflect glory all around. (YI, October 1, 1852)

Children will be there. They will never be engaged in strife or discord. Their love will be fervent and holy. They will also have a crown of gold upon their heads, and a harp in their hands. And their little countenances, that we here see so often troubled and perplexed, will beam with holy joy, expressive of their perfect freedom and happiness. They will express in child-like purity their wonder and delight, as they behold every thing around them so new and lovely. They will look to the blessed Saviour who has given himself for them, and, with admiration and love for him who is smiling upon them, raise their voices and sing to his praise and glory, while they feel and realized the matchless depths of a Saviour's love.

(YI, October 1, 1852)

This earth, dear children, is to be purified with fire; then it will be much more beautiful. The grass will be living green, and will never wither. There will be roses and lilies, and all kinds of flowers there. They will never blight or fade, or lose their beauty and fragrance. (YI, October 1, 1852)

The lion, we should much dread and fear here, will then lie down with the lamb, and everything in the New Earth will be peace and harmony.--The trees of the New Earth will be straight and lofty, without deformity. (YI, October 1, 1852)

The saints will have crowns of glory upon their heads, and harps of gold in their hands. They will play upon the golden harp, and sing redeeming love, and make melody unto God. Their former trials and suffering in this world will be forgotten and lost amid the glories of the New Earth. And they will ever have the approving smiles of Jesus upon them, and their happiness will be complete. There will be glory, glory all around. (YI, October 1, 1852)

post-20-0-12876700-1415355834_thumb.jpg                   post-20-0-26087200-1415355902_thumb.jpg

Personally, I am glad there will be no more sea.

I almost died by drowning in a sea so I have wariness and distrust by any large bodies of water.

Swimming pools included.

And God sees we need a new heaven. 

Could that be more than the idea that 'heaven' is more than just our imagined idea of where God resides?

Could it be needful because the new Earth will not have the same 7 levels of atmosphere's used now for life oxygen and gases? Probably because our new glorified bodies will not be having the need for oxygen what with them being based on another new law of physics and biology. 

Indeed, the new heavens and earth will definitely be new in nature and substance. Whatever happens, it is going to be a much better version like our bodies will be of substance that allow us to go through walls, and travel at split-second speed. Jesus proved that with His glorified body.

A lot of or crying here on earth has to do with loss of loved one's presence, or anguish of personal bodily and mental pain.To live with chronic pain is something really awful. In the land of the promised new Earth all our misery and anguish will be over because the awful harassing pain is banished forever more.

On the new earth there will be absolutely no cause for sorrow or of getting upset at anything.

Hallelujah! Just think of it.... we won't be getting upset with anyone else.

WoW! No negative reactions to anyone and no more grudge holding.

Never more do we have a problem with forgiving another.

All because of Jesus is all this possible.

Glory be to Him !

post-20-0-45161300-1415713955_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-95141100-1415890021_thumb.jpg

It’s quite remarkable how the 66 bible books as a whole begins with God creating the earth then the very last chapters of the Bible tells of God making a new Earth and a new Heaven. The holy Bible tell of God's creation of a perfect world as a home for the human beings He created. God established laws to govern the new world so it would function correctly without harming living biology on it. We all have not only read how sin entered into the world and started milleniums of suffering, but we ourselves are eyewitnesses to the ongoing decay and corruption taking place in this world as it is today.

2 Peter 3 speaks of the antediluvian world as "the world that then existed" and it was destroyed by water. What now exists is the renewal of the first creation as the animals and Noah’s family left the ark and began life anew. It has evolved into a sort of freek show with it’s multi-moral expressions and enormous mental and bodily health issures.  We all know how God has inspired chosen authors to testify to the intent of God for dealing with the condition of how this second-time-round world will be cleansed by fire.

Then a totally new World will be shaped with the promise it will be "a new earth in which righteousness dwells". Law breaking will never again happen, sin in any form will never again be practiced.

The New Jerusalem is the capital city of the New Earth. 

In the Hebrew language, Jerusalem means "city of peace." 

The City is now where God dwells. He with all the angelic inhabitants shall descend down from heaven to land on the New Earth. The beauty of the New Jerusalem is referred to as a city like a "bride adorned for her husband". God's glory illuminates the city, making the light of sun and moon superfluous.

Written in Rev.21 is "there shall be no night there". "They need no lamp, nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light" Rev. 22.

We will be so overwhelmed at God’s architectural use of precious minerals in the building of the City. 

The walls are of jasper, a "most precious stone" Rev. 21. The foundations are adorned with twelve different gems: jasper, sapphire, chalcedony, emerald, sardonyx, sardius, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth, and amethyst -Rev.1.

Incredible to see will be its buildings and streets. 

They are reported to be all of purest of gold like clear glass. Rev. 21.

Twelve gates, each made of a single pearl, allowing access into the city.  Now comes an ever present object lesson when looking at the 12 Gates to the City. The marvel of a pearl. Take a tiny irritant, let it swim into an oyster, allow a good period of time inside the shell while it’s causing pain, meanwhile the oyster covers the pain with a balm that grows into a precious pearl. Each gate is made out of one pearl.

That's a long time of suffering.

We saints will have a dwelling place fashioned by King Jesus in the City. It seems to me in my reading that we’ll also have each one a country home where we can do garden work of planting and harvesting. We’ll love one another in a higher dimension so that socializing will not be a problem. 

Recognizing loved ones from the old earth might take a bit of effort but it most likely take place. 

It’s the matter of sorting through the 4 billion saints or more that staggers me in awe when taking off for a search of a good loved one. The glorified body presents somewhat of an alteration. After the resurrection our Lord Jesus wasn’t immediately recognize. Mary thought he was the caretaker gardener but finally recognized Him by His voice, Thomas needed to have the nail-prints of His hands shown to him before accepting who He was, and the disciples on the way to Emmaus, despite all the chatting about the crucifixion, didn’t know Him until he sat at table and broke the bread thus showing His mannerisms. On the New Earth, I am of the opinion, we ought to widen our circle of acquaintances to embrace new friends and not just think we’ll only feel well hanging out with our old cliques.

After a great dinner the mom served each one a bowl of chocolate ice cream. All around the table was an atmosphere of friendly chatting. Then the 7 year old son spoke up and asked “Mom, what does the word ‘sex’ mean?” Apparently the little guy had listened to someones talking and picked up this new word. All stopped talking around the table just to get a look at how she was going to answer this age old question.

“It’s something very good” was all she could stumble out of her mouth for the moment. She knew she needed more time to get her ducks in a row to teach him in an unbaised way the answer to his question. But the son solved her dilemma himself by asking “Does it taste better than chocolate ice cream?”

You see, this whole worry that we will not experience on the New Earth all of what we need on love, joy, or pleasure to the fullness is wrong thinking on our part. There will be no lack for either love or joy or pleasure. No one there will feel lonely, empty, or unloved. Orgasms we have on this earth is just a bowl of chocolate ice cream to get our happy hormones up and running so we have a feel good moment. However, our God will be giving us something way superior to coitus in our time of life for eternity. The whole business of courtship, marriage, baby making, child rearing, just has its purpose for this present age on this present world. Marriage, as in couples joining together, is moot on the New Earth. The King of Kings is our marriage. We will be utterly satisfied with being as close to Him as possible. He is the source of our joy and pleasure.

post-20-0-24813000-1415890093_thumb.jpg  

Yentyl,

These are beautiful thoughts for meditation - thanks for posting.

I look forward to an ability to travel and explore all corners of the universe - from the largest and most distant galaxy to the smallest sub-atomic particle.  I look forward to personally hanging out with Jesus "in person" rather than just experiencing Him through my mind's eye.  Even though I can't imagine what it would be like, I look forward to a world with no more striving, hatred, wars, politics, jealousy, revenge or "scarcity" economics. I look forward to eternal peak health rather than the increasing ills of old age.

• Like 3

I like doing Bible words searches.....

Rev. 14 “……and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Are we seeing here the 144K with harps and singing a new song?

Revelation 5 “And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.”

Are we seeing here four beasts and 24 elders falling in worship before the Lamb each having harps and prayer vials?

Revelation 15 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Are we seeing here again reference to the 144K having harps?

Otherwise, in my harp-word search there is no indication that all other righteous believers of the great uncountable crowd will be each having a harp to play.

• Administrators

Would it be possible to have tropical beaches without the sea? I would love to see heaven's plan for those!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

post-20-0-37225400-1416397897_thumb.gif

She knows there's no sea but still hopes for a sandy beach with palm trees and coconuts falling on her head.  

Now that's really talking out of the fullness of one's heart. post-20-0-43095000-1416398680.gif

• 1 month later...

Scripture tells us what to expect of the New Earth:

Revelation 21 

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isaiah 25

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the Lord has spoken it. And it shall be said in that Day, See, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation!

Isaiah 65

For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be you glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of My people, and My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, said the Lord.

In these scriptures we have promises that will become realities when we start living on the New Earth.

*The promise of God Almighty living amongst us

*There shall be no more sorrow, no more crying

*God himself will wipe away our tears with compassion

*There will be no more pain

*There will be no more death

*Everything of the past will be eradicated from our minds

*The former earth will not be remembered, nor come into mind

*What God creates new we will rejoice continually in

*We will be a joy to our God

*There will be never again fear or sorrow or weeping

*We will build houses and live in them

*We will plant vineyards and eat its fruit

*Wild predator beasts will have a new nature

*Wolves will graze with lambs

*Lions will eat no meat but become vegetarians

*No animal will hurt or destroy others

• 4 weeks later...

post-20-0-16598700-1422030390_thumb.jpg

We'll be in Heaven for a limited time of 1K years, then the new earth— both are places where we will dwell with glorified bodies. We’ll be living in an ethereal beauty that surpasses anything we can imagine. The new earth will be free from sin, evil, sickness, suffering, and death. The laws we know here on earth governing science, physical physics, or biological processes, most certainly be modified and improved on.

Isaiah 65:17

"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.”

I rather like that. I’m going to be brainwashed away from all memories and given a totally new start with a new body in a new life on a new planet made new. I rather like that.

God is good and all of the new creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay.

No more bacteria, no germs, no broken bones, no disease and no more viruses to cause all sorts of havoc as we see it happening on this earth.

And…wow just to think about it….no more electronic media of any sort.

Emotionally we’ll all be exceptionally elevated away from sorrow and sighing.

No more getting irritable, No more getting sad or dissappointed, No more getting sick or tired.

Instead we’ll be singing daily all sorts of happy praises.

It might seem odd to be constantly happy for some. They never had such a state of mind or expression of being while on earth. As a matter of fact, I know some church members who when they smile I wished they hadn’t. Because they look worse in oddness then if they had just kept a straight face.

One strong childhood  memory of my now dead mother is me doing all sorts of antics or saying something to get her to smile. She was utterly beautiful in facial expression when smiling, giving off a
wonderful aura that just charmed the soul to see her. She was utterly captivating when smiling.

Imagine it! We’re going to be living on a new earth where righteousness rules!

I am God so thankful for this coming promise.

No more dirty Capitalism, No more corrupt Communism, No more disappointing Socialism,
No more threats of unjust Dictatorship, No more disgusting Autocrats, No more phoney Democracy, No more debating enclaves of Republicans, No more Oligarchy, No more slavery, bad working conditions, wicked bosses, corrupt administrators, or mafia type of groups.

We will dwell without ever experiencing fear, and no more worries. We’ll not be anxious about anything.

We’re going to be under God’s Theocracy. I praise Him!

We will be in total righteousness, pure justice, loving judgements, honesty and truthfulness will prevail over all. And He will be as a caring Shepard caring for our needs.  

What really is mind-boggling is to visualize living one with another as perfectly holy in ourselves, without the being of sin in us at all in any way, or any spot of it on us. P

raise God for the cleansing blood of Jesus!

And no more soap-powder and wash machines because our new and shining white robes of immortality and glory will never get dirty again!

• 4 weeks later...

Revelation 21 speaks of the holy City, the New Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. The City lands on the New Earth and we will inhabit it as well as our country dacha.

“Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”

Now this is the moment we believers sit up straight in our chairs and pay attention to what is coming next to give us the solution to who or what is the Bride of Christ.

“And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.”

According to Bible prophecy, the Lamb’s wife is the New Jerusalem.

By designating the New Jerusalem as the bride, prophecy does not speak of the city walls, but rather of its inhabitants, God’s redeemed people.

Isaiah 54:

“For your Maker is your Husband; the Lord of hosts is His name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel. The God of the whole earth shall He be called.”

In fact, the city is given the qualifiers which fall to its inhabitants: if the inhabitants are true and holy, the city is then called true and holy.

Are some of us unconsciously thinking that the story of the 10 virgins was talking about them as being the Bride and they were waiting for the Groom to come and pick them up to go to the wedding place? The symbolism is not rightly fitting to what was being taught. It was a parable emphasizing what the five foolish ones didn’t have that caused them to take off in panic to get what they lacked. But it was too late and the door wasn’t opened to them to enter the party.

So the bride, the Lamb’s wife, is really God’s faithful Church, grouping together all the faithful believers redeemed by Jesus’ blood. The New Jerusalem is encasing the individual believers which in turn make a unified group that symbolically represents the completeness of the Bride of Christ.

Of course, God expects His wife during the earthly existence to show the same faithfulness towards Him as any engaged man would expect of his earthly finance/bride… (in Europe it is custom to get engaged and she is referred to in conversation as ‘his bride’ though the final marriage ceremony hasn’t taken place yet).

This leads us to the matter of God being “a jealous God”. I never really liked the expression on first reading. We read that expression and find it rather odd. But let’s be clear on this. I’ve learned in the between time that His jealousy has nothing in common with the human feelings clothed in distrust and desire of possession.

Our God’s jealousy is rather the expression of exclusiveness of protecting us, for God knows that He is the only Source of life, and that being unfaithful to Him leads only to tears, death and loss.

2 Corinthians 11:2,3

“For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one Husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

However, even if God’s jealousy reminds us that only He can grant eternal life, the Church (the members of Christ’s body) are often tempted to succumb to the enemy’s deceptions, and to forsake her faithful Husband.

We all must be careful to keep watch less we too fall deep down into the evil of deceptions.

Soon, this Church, the body of Christ, will dwell in the holy city of God, the New Jerusalem.

post-20-0-37429300-1424372000_thumb.jpg

Would it be possible to have tropical beaches without the sea? I would love to see heaven's plan for those!

Over the past few years I have thought about stuff like this and would like for you to consider the following:

We know that there will not be any more massive waste of the earth's surface by being covered with water, but we also know that there is a major river running right thru the middle of the Holy City.  I honestly believe that there will not only be beaches along that river but lakes and ponds, waterfalls and fountains!

We know that the river comes from the throne of God and runs under the Tree of Life.  We know from the Bible that there is land on either side of the river (where the tree grows) and so maybe there are other trees there too.  Outside of that will be the streets of gold, but have you ever thought about there being 2 streets?  Sounds like this is a divided highway leading right up to the throne!

And while I am on the street topic, we know that the streets are of pure gold and transparent.  We also know that Heaven's light will come from the throne.  So what happens to light when it travels down something long and clear, like an optical fiber?

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

And a couple more thoughts here.

With the River of Life coming from the throne, will light travel down it as well?  And in Early Writings Ellen White says that the Tree of Life has a transparent trunk.  Do you suppose that the light in the river might just travel up the roots and out the leaves?  Probably not, but fun to think about.  The Tree might just GLOW!

We know that no matter how BIG we dream Heaven will be MUCH, MUCH better.  So dream REALLY BIG, but remember that all of your dreams will be smashed (in an awesome way mind you).

heaven7.jpg

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

• 1 month later...

I was working in Emergency as one of the abulance men went by me after delivering an injured patient.

"Hey, how are you doing"? I said. He quick as a whip answered "No action, no satisfaction".

I had to smile. So that was his philosophy and apparently he was in the right job for his needs.

When we all are together on the New Earth after the wicked and Satan gets their just rewards, the atmosphere will be one of a conflict-free zone of living. No bad feelings any more, no attacking another in verbal abuse or physical pain, no more destroying people in anyway. In other words there will be no more conflicts.

Boring, eh? No stress in conflicts might appear to many, even christians, as living a totally bland existance.

If I keep on exploring that thought I would be tempted to wonder if having no conflicts as a way of life can be satifying. 

"No action, no satisfaction"?

The problem is not the rhetorical question but our lack of the ability to comprehend a sinless existance of peace, harmony and shear beauty in fellowshiping with others.

How many times a day do I think or say aloud "If I only had more time  to read, study, learn, paint, draw, garden, hike, visit with friends and loved ones, etc.,"

Marvelous is it to be able to do anything in our eternal life that we enjoy and have more time to do with
no conflicts. 

Won't that be a thrill of learning  directly from Jesus, or the patriarchs and prophets, or from any who have passed away before us?

Our minds just cannot even comprehend the things we will get to experience; things we  don't even know about yet

post-20-0-51251500-1427871251_thumb.jpg    

I can imagine a great city 1500 miles on each side; but 1500 miles high?  I'm not sure about that - seems like it would make the earth wobble.  But it doesn't matter what I think about the city right now; what matters to me right now is getting there!  Even though I can't wrap my head around it, I can't wait to get there!  The older I get, the more I covet the energy of my youth.  I can't wait to have that (and more!) given back to me.

• Like 2

Biblegate way says:

Revelation 21

16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long.

17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits

In the footnotes:

Revelation 21:16 That is, about 1,400 miles or about 2,200 kilometers

Revelation 21:17 That is, about 200 feet or about 65 meters

Revelation 21:17 Or high

You're waiting in hope and faith in Jesus that the promise of being part of the New Jerusalem, be it in heaven or on earth, is going to happen to you. Yes, me too! 

I pray we will be ready when He comes!

Could it be that the earth would "wobble", as you say, if bodies of oceanic water were on the new earth?. The movinb motion of water would be the cause of instability. Not the earth itself because the foundation of the New Jerusalem is very balanced in the measurements and will fit the earth placing very well. So there is a sense in not having large bodies of water on the N.E.

Yently,

Uriah Smith describes the  New Heaven and Earth especially about the Sea.  Page 756, Daniel and Revelation.  There will be a sea!

"I pray we will be ready when He comes!"

Do you love the Lord with all your heart?  Is Jesus both your Lord and your Savior?  Do you have a relationship with Him?  Then you're ready!  God is much more interested in your attitude and your destiny that He is in your "sin management" and history.

whbae,

Just cuz Uriah Smith talks about a sea doesn't make it so.  He's just a man.  If God's word says there ain't no sea, there aint no sea.

I will always trust the Scriptures of God above any human author.

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.  Revelation 21
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I can imagine a great city 1500 miles on each side; but 1500 miles high?  I'm not sure about that - seems like it would make the earth wobble.  But it doesn't matter what I think about the city right now; what matters to me right now is getting there!  Even though I can't wrap my head around it, I can't wait to get there!  The older I get, the more I covet the energy of my youth.  I can't wait to have that (and more!) given back to me.

Someone suggested that the city was made in layers. I immediately thought of the hanging gardens that Nebuchadnezzar had that just went up and up and up (or down and down and down...)

That idea also reminds me of some shopping malls. Every floor is a new adventure

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Here is the quotation from New Jerusalem Bible: Rev. 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth [Is. 65:17; 66:22; 2 Pet. 3:13]. [L For] The first heaven and the first earth had ·disappeared [passed away], and there was no sea anymore [C the sea represents chaos and evil, so its absence indicates peace and security].

JoeMo,  Obviously you do not care for Uriah Smith, may you will respect the authors of New Jerusalem Bible.

• Members

Does anyone have the SDA Commentary? What does it have to say about that verse? I don't as of yet have mine down here with me, otherwise I'd have looked it up.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I have often wondered why we will have to wait for 1000 years before we can enter the "Earth Made New"...... 'Nuff Sed

Yently,

Uriah Smith describes the  New Heaven and Earth especially about the Sea.  Page 756, Daniel and Revelation.  There will be a sea!

I think I share your view Whbae.

From what I've read in the Spirit of Prophecy, I understand that there will be rivers and bodies of water in the new earth, but no great oceans as we now know them. The oceans today can be so violent, but there will be nothing to cause harm (or hurt) in the earth made new.

I imagine that the river that originally flowed through, and then out of, Eden was a very large river... and of course it divided into four other significant rivers. But that river of Eden... could Adam see across it? I am really not sure. But either way, it must have been a wonderful "body" of water.

Will the new earth be any better than the original? I actually believe that it will be better, but still, I expect that there will be some wonderful bodies of water upon it... and I doubt that fish and whales were temporary orders among God's creation.