ClubAdventist is back!

Beauties of the New Earth

aka

Revelation 21:1 Adventist Bible Commentary says:

No more sea.

The clause reads literally, ""and the sea is not any longer," that is, the seas as we know them now will not exist in the new creation. Some have insisted that this "sea" is symbolic of peoples, nations, tongues (cf. ch 17:15); but if so, the heavens and the earth would necessarily be symbolic also. Here John simply affirms that the heavens, the earth, and the seas will no longer exist as we know them now (cf. PP 44)

Why do we consistently imagine that 1000 years always is to be reckoned with 365 days of 24 hours each pro year?

From God's view it may be quite different because he is not bound to earth's laws of physics on judging time.

• Administrators

It will be quite a task for God to create a tropical paradise without an ocean. But I like to walk by faith ;) complete with warm breeze

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Yentyl's brings out a good point about limiting God to what we can grasp with our mortal mindset. I think we can allow for some sanctified imagination here

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

whbae,

Just cuz Uriah Smith talks about a sea doesn't make it so.  He's just a man.  If God's word says there ain't no sea, there aint no sea.

It seems to me that what one person calls a "sea" may be a larger body of water than the next person pictures when s/he hears the word "sea".  In my mind, because the Bible says there will be no more sea I believe it.  I do not see a vast expanse of wasted land covered by water. 

But I DO see large bodies of water on the New Earth, some may be as large as the Great Lakes.  Not many people call any one of those lakes a "sea" but they are large enough to "house" some large fish and "sea-going" animals.  Noting like the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans for sure (what I picture as a "sea").  In fact, that may be the size of lake that the pearls came from for the city gates.

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

Yentyl's brings out a good point about limiting God to what we can grasp with our mortal mindset. I think we can allow for some sanctified imagination here

I very much agree!  The Bible tells us that no matter how BIG we dream we will not get it right.  And EGW tells us that, "A fear of making the future inheritance seem too material has led many to spiritualize away the very truths which lead us to look upon it as our home."  That tells me that we NEED to be thinking more about our REAL home.

Yentyl, keep sharing what is on your heart please!  Heaven is not just about sitting on a cloud, strumming a harp and singing praises to our gracious King.  It is about looking at and studying the vast number of things He has created which will in turn teaches us even more about Him, which will then bring even more praises from our lips of His matchless power and love.

When John than Rev. 21:1 he was imprisoned in an island isolated by sea which was terrible feeling for him. When he said there is "no more sea", I think he meant there is no more isolation.  If you google Rev. 21:1 you will see a lot of Bible commentaries not including SDA b.c.

One of the things I have pondered over the years (and of course I will never be able to imagine it correctly) is, if the River of Life comes from the Throne and the Throne is high and lifted up how will the river run throughout the City?  I mean, will it go around and around until it exits the City walls, Or will there just be lots of waterfalls?

Isa. 33:9 does say that there will not be boats on the river, but it does not say that there will not be boats in Heaven.

And something else I have noticed.  The Bible talks about Jasper, but I have yet to find Diamonds mentioned in the City.  Could it be that what the Bible calls Jasper is actually Diamond? 

And think of how the light from the Throne might reflect and bounce around!  According to EGW in Early Writings, even the Tree of Life has trunks that are transparent.  WOW, what will light do when it hits those trunks?

And if the Tree of Life has 12 kinds of fruit, will it have 12 different colored flowers, 12 different shaped flowers and 12 different smells when the flowers bloom (assuming that fruit will come from flowers like they do now)? 

We do know that there will be flowers in Heaven, and we know that there were flowers here on earth that no longer exist.  Will we ever be able to discover them all, or will it be an endless, joyous search?

When John than Rev. 21:1 he was imprisoned in an island isolated by sea which was terrible feeling for him. When he said there is "no more sea", I think he meant there is no more isolation.  If you google Rev. 21:1 you will see a lot of Bible commentaries not including SDA b.c.

Oh, I believe that too, don't get me wrong. 

Ellen White: No Sea—The sea divides friends. It is a barrier between us and those whom we love. Our associations are broken up by the broad, fathomless ocean. In the New Earth there will be no more sea, and there shall pass there “no galley with oars.” In the past many who have loved and served God have been bound by chains to their seats in galleys, compelled to serve the purpose of cruel, hardhearted men. The Lord has looked upon their suffering in sympathy and compassion. Thank God, in the earth made new there will be no fierce torrents, no engulfing ocean, no restless, murmuring waves.—Ms 33, 1911 quoted in Maranatha, 351. {Hvn 138.3}

Psalms 72:8 talks about God reigning from "sea to sea", but EGW also says something about there not being a vast waste of water as we have now.

"Let your imagination picture the home of the saved, and remember that it will be more glorious than your brightest imagination can portray." - Heaven by EGW

Why do we consistently imagine that 1000 years always is to be reckoned with 365 days of 24 hours each pro year?

From God's view it may be quite different because he is not bound to earth's laws of physics on judging time.

True, but we are told that sin will be around causing problems for about 6,000 years.  It has been about that long already and we can see the end coming.  We are also told that we will be in Heaven looking at the books for 1,000 years. 

I sure hope that the "1,000 years" is not any LONGER than exactly that!  :thinking:

Dallas-Arboretum.jpg

I can imagine the City streets being much wider than this, but maybe covered and lined by trees like this.  (That would darken the street just enough that you could maybe see the street GLOW with the light from the Throne.

And have you ever wondered what kind of "mansion" or "room" Jesus is preparing for you?  We know He is making one just right for each of us, but we also know it will not likely be "stick- built" as our homes are today. And when people are in a office, the best place is an office with a view, right?  What if He is making a special plant that has mansions all along the edge of each leaf, some down low to the ground, and some up high?  Imagine what it  would be like living along the edge of a leaf like this, overlooking the whole City!  In fact, what if the whole leaf was transparent? (There would be no fear of death or injury, so you could just enjoy the view while totally trusting Jesus.)

sumac_leaves_autumn.jpg

• Members

From what I understand the "Tree of Life" will straddle a river. So there will be water, maybe not oceans like we have now, but definitely rivers.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

There is a river, and it flows from deep within
There is a fountain, that frees the soul from sin

The substance of the heavenly river is not of the same consistency like the H2O as to be found in the Mississippi river.

We won't be swimming in it, nor fishing fish in it, and it won't be hindering us to go from one side to the other.

We'll be having flying abilities to be able to do any trip to anywhere in smooth travel. But mark me as one of those who do not believe we believers will be needing wings up in heaven or on the new Earth for traveling around. That may be from an 18th century imagery but I don't accept it as being patented. A much more practical to the enviroment, as a functional feature for travel will be in or on us. There will be no O2  to contend with for breathing and air pressure resistance in flight.

Rev. 22 ] Then the angel showed me the river of life-giving water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of its street. On either side of the river grew the tree of life that produces fruit twelve times a year, once each month; the leaves of the trees serve as medicine for the nations.

We'll be eating from the Tree of Life and drinking our water from the river of life-giving water.

I've seen koala bears and panda bears eat from eucalyptus trees and twigs of bamboo bushes. 

Will we be feeding each other leaves from the tree of life to heal the various prejudices and bigotry between foreigners?

EGW talks about the little children using their little wings to fly and pluck flowers.  If nothing ever dies, what will happen to those flowers?  Will we plant them someplace else?

But then, whether we have wings or not, God can easily "beam us" to wherever we want to go.  I for one want to visit other planets.  My wings would not be much help for that.

• Administrators

I wonder if people will cook delectable dishes out of that wonderful fruit

...Will we be feeding each other leaves from the tree of life to heal the various prejudices and bigotry between foreigners?

I have wondered about the leaves of the Tree of Life too, Yentyl.

I've read that the Redeemed will eat them (at least in the city of God, after they have been removed from this earth,) and I do agree, it is not physical healings that are brought about by consuming those leaves.

Excuse me, but I wish truly not to offend. However, when disagreement to a statement by me arises, please don't scribble as defense or counter-argument something Ellen wrote. It doesn't sit well with me. I've had 30 years of reading her works, even a number of time the same book over again. I know pretty much all her illustrations and statements. I see her as an excellent bible teacher, moral preacher, and one who had something of super-strength to write 100 or so books with an ink-horn and sharpened feather quill. That's where I respect her. However, she is not the guidance of my spiritual life. The Son of God is by the abiding presence of His holy Spirit.

Fruit from the tree of life need not be cooked as you well instinctly see yourself. We'll be pretty much eating vegan menus and loving it. All will be made new with our digestive system, most likely.  

I guess I am saying that because of my inner unconscious yearning of not having to work an hour to prepare a proper vegan meal.

For me it would be a heavenly rest not to cook a meal.

The Drugger family are 19 kids and 2 parents. I wonder just how she manages making proper healthy meals

I rather eat at this stage in time vegetarian but hubby must have his bought-in-bio-shop foods or Farmer's market bio-items. Then comes the washing and peeling of skin and then chopping to right size and then cooking to right consistentcy and not to forget the herbs and spices. Along side is the salat to be prepared. The vinegretta must taste a certain way and not to forget using kosher small bits of goat's cheeze once in a while. A good deal of onions are to be chopped and garlic put through the press. The making of quick convient processed foods is not allowed by him when we eat a shared meal. Which has it's advantage that I am basicly living with a good immune system and never get sick with colds or flu.

When I was young and we planned to go visit my grandparents, obviously I was excited about seeing them, but one of the things that I looked forward to was being with other family members my age and going exploring with them.  We would love to see what Grandpa had out in the shed and in the backyard. 

I remember finding an old piece of equipment (a tool actually) once that I did not know what it was or how it was used.  I pondered what it might be used for and eventually I found out what it was.  That piece of equipment told me a little bit of what life was like on the farm for my Grandpa.

As a kid we moved a lot too.  And that ALWAYS brought out the explorer in me.  I did not stop with just the first week either, it was a never-ending quest.

What I am getting at is that even though our greatest desire is to see Jesus, our actions may not always be just looking into His face.  We may want to go exploring to see what He has out in the "backyard" that we have never seen.  We WILL find something out there that we have never seen of course and we will learn even more about our AMAZING GOD and come back praising Him even MORE!

What we are doing here right now on this forum is dreaming about our visit and the move.  None of us have ever seen photos of this new home and so our imaginations are running wild in expectation.  What we are dreaming of is all based on what we have learned from "letters from home" found in the Bible, but we will never be able to imagine the beauties of our new home.  (Even trying to write to someone about where we live right now cannot tell the real story, right?)

Dream BIG my friends!   :thinking:   We are moving to a NEW home!  :smiley:

• Like 2

"As a kid we moved a lot too.  And that ALWAYS brought out the explorer in me.  I did not stop with just the first week either, it was a never-ending quest."

I certainly like what you said very much because I identify with you there.

My life bio can testify to me being much the same way.

We certainly are inhibited with imagination restrictions when thinking spiritually of spiritual matters.  The metaphysical dimensions are far superior than our crayon pictures which we compose when thinking of the beauties of the new earth.

Truly, we are trying out best to present our views of future glories. Perhaps we are failing the mark because we lack experience of the "real" conditional parameters of the New Earth or even the place right now of the heavenly city of God.

We tend to compare the New to the 'old' because of our persistence in material substance orientations. 

It's not so much changing and starting to dream 'big'.

Instead, wouldn't it be better if we aimed more to comtemplate in prayers asking for godly wisdom and revelations on this subject?

What is uplifting for me is having a chance to read how each one thinks on this subject.

Phil. 4 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be an praise, think on these things.

• Administrators

::like::

The late Pastor Charles Spurgeon wrote the following:

Stop fearing death! Ask God the Holy Spirit to grant you an intimate knowledge and a firm belief in your Redeemer’s death, so that you may be strengthened for that dread hour.

Living near the cross of Calvary, you may learn to think of death with pleasure, and welcome it when it comes with intense delight. It is sweet to die in the Lord: it is a covenant blessing to sleep in Jesus.

Death is no longer banishment, it is a return from exile, a going home to the many mansions where all the loved ones will dwell together someday. The distance between heaven and earth seems great; but it is not. We are not far from home—the Second Coming of Jesus will bring us there.

The sail is spread; how long will be the voyage? How many weary winds must beat upon the sail before it shall be berthed in the port of peace? How long shall that boat be tossed upon the waves before it comes to that sea which knows no storm?

Listen to the answer, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord."   On the Resurrection Day, your ship will depart, and soon it will be at its destination. It will simply spread its sail, and it will be there.

The period between the moment of death and the eternity of glory will seem but an instant to the believer, even if he had been asleep in death for a thousand years.

Then, O child of God, what is there for you to fear in death, seeing that through the death of your Lord Jesus its curse and sting are destroyed? And now it is like a Jacob’s ladder with its base in a dark grave, but with its top reaching to everlasting glory. 

• Like 1