ClubAdventist is back!

Warning Points

Guest billyjobob

Hi Billy,

You may certainly have all my points... attachicon.giflaugh.png

Do you like your avatar because it represents mental sickness?

:thatsfunny:ROFLMHO

God is Love!  Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

hi5   hey, that's cool to know. LHC has a positive sense of humor.  :apple:

Now to try to help him get a cover for his ghost phantom avatar he uses.

I have lots of avatar themes on my harddrive. Shall I send you a batch in a forum PM?

Guest billyjobob

I have lots of avatar themes on my harddrive. Shall I send you a batch in a forum PM?

Oh dear. I don't know how to respond. Yentyl, are you saying I'm mentally ill? And, here, of all places I felt I would be accepted regardless.

It's not quite a selfie.

• Members

Oh dear. I don't know how to respond. Yentyl, are you saying I'm mentally ill? And, here, of all places I felt I would be accepted regardless.

It's not quite a selfie.

bjb, I think Yentyl was referring to LHC needing an avatar because he has none except for the "ghost image"....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Guest billyjobob

bjb, I think Yentyl was referring to LHC needing an avatar because he has none except for the "ghost image"....

This is what I was responding to from Yentyl. so methinks this portion was meant specifically for me. I do see later in the thread she/he commented on LHC's "ghost" avatar as well.

":Hi Billy,

You may certainly have all my points...  post-20-0-91172200-1417007689.png

Do you like your avatar because it represents mental sickness?"

No worries, she's likely touched my nerve, you know the one I have left.

"Yentyl, are you saying I'm mentally ill?"

Billy, please don't be taking this so subjectively personal. Nobody here, and least of all me, would ever say or imply such.

I was doing a very objective size up of the pic content. An image of a woman portrayed in a very bizarre way that causes the observer to feel she must be in an unbalanced condition. I was just wondering why you liked the picture enough to use it as an avatar for a fundamentally christian minded forum. That's why I questioned. 

It's true that I am very much a stranger for you. Misunderstandings will come because you are not accustom to how I think. Please accept me as speaking honestly when saying I do not have malicious intent ever in my postings. And I don't use cynicism, sarcasim, irony or nasty jabs to you or anyone else.  The way I think may take a while for you to get used to. Let me explain at least one aspect of the  influences that were/are in my life to cause me to appear odd.

My husband of three and half decades is now in early retirement. He was 10 years a Literature Evangelist and 27 years a high School Art teacher. He took me to many musuems over time to teach me how to analyze portraits and other fasinating pictures in the gallery. I can't help to automaticly now study the avatars of those whole have set up one and I do wonder what causes them to be chosen. It's not a matter of the pic being good, right, or wrong. I have indeed my personal preferences but they do not override the other person's freedom of choice. We all are keen on having a atmosphere of loveliness, goodness and creativeness come and accompany the avatars chosen.

Maybe someday a box to check for 'ignore preferences' for avatars might be offered in our Settings option.

Guest billyjobob

"Yentyl, are you saying I'm mentally ill?"

Billy, please don't be taking this so subjectively personal. Nobody here, and least of all me, would ever say or imply such.

I was doing a very objective size up of the pic content. An image of a woman portrayed in a very bizarre way that causes the observer to feel she must be in an unbalanced condition. I was just wondering why you liked the picture enough to use it as an avatar for a fundamentally christian minded forum. That's why I questioned. 

It's true that I am very much a stranger for you. Misunderstandings will come because you are not accustom to how I think. Please accept me as speaking honestly when saying I do not have malicious intent ever in my postings. And I don't use cynicism, sarcasim, irony or nasty jabs to you or anyone else.  The way I think may take a while for you to get used to. Let me explain at least one aspect of the  influences that were/are in my life to cause me to appear odd.

My husband of three and half decades is now in early retirement. He was 10 years a Literature Evangelist and 27 years a high School Art teacher. He took me to many musuems over time to teach me how to analyze portraits and other fasinating pictures in the gallery. I can't help to automaticly now study the avatars of those whole have set up one and I do wonder what causes them to be chosen. It's not a matter of the pic being good, right, or wrong. I have indeed my personal preferences but they do not override the other person's freedom of choice. We all are keen on having a atmosphere of loveliness, goodness and creativeness come and accompany the avatars chosen.

Maybe someday a box to check for 'ignore preferences' for avatars might be offered in our Settings option.

Thank you Yentyl for those kind words. Whew, glad to know I'm not retarded.

The image is not of a woman, let's get that clear. It's of a German Duke painted in the 40's. So much for art education. Sorry you are disturbed by it. I find it beautiful despite the fire damage. 

And if you "ignore" avatars, as you suggest, then how is that any better than LHC's "ghost" avatar you also complain about. You seem to be a little fickle. Or are you a control freak? Why not just accept that everyone is not like you and could possibly appreciate a different aesthetic?

If it is a stumbling block to you I will take it down. Lemme know.

Peace.

• Members

It's probably not such a hot idea to be making negative commentary on someone else's choice of avatar.  It can come across as somewhat rude.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how to install it anyway. Thanks.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

Hi Shane, how's it going?

I was bugging the mod's for answers to the sentence under my name/Avatar about warning points.

Then TomW gave an answer in another thread and I'll repost it here:

"Actually, everyone has the same line.  But you can only see your own warning points.

(Admins, however, can see everyone's warning points.)

I didn't comment on that part until you confirmed what I suspected was the case. 

The reason you could not see that line under your name when you signed in as a guest was because the software does not recognize you as a visitor as being the same user as Yentyl. 

So you as a visitor cannot see Yentyl's warning points. 

Warning points are a matter between admin and the user to create an additional tool to enforce forum rules."

So I figure warning points are max-ed out at three before one is shown the door and leaves for keeps.

I have yet to see a button to click on that leads me to a page with Forum Rules.

Does anyone know how to open such a page?            

• Administrators

The rules... Be nice. Follow the golden rule and you not likely to get In hot water...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)