ClubAdventist is back!

The Civil Rights Movement 2.0

I'd like to see the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and all of the people walking around raising their hands or shouting "I can't breathe!" be issued police uniforms and police cruisers so that they can find criminals and arrest lawbreakers, making the cities safer for everyone.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and company may need to paint their police cars purple and install minibars inside so they can entertain some of their like-minded racist pimp friends while they're patrolling the streets and fighting crime.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

I'd like to see the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and all of the people walking around raising their hands or shouting "I can't breathe!" be issued police uniforms and police cruisers so that they can find criminals and arrest lawbreakers, making the cities safer for everyone.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and company may need to paint their police cars purple and install minibars inside so they can entertain some of their like-minded racist pimp friends while they're patrolling the streets and fighting crime.

Dude you have racial issues.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

I'm an old (mostly) white guy; but I have many friends of color.  They seem to be split about this whole situation; and not necessarily along political leanings.  Some whom I consider to be conservative integrated and highly successful sympathize with the protesters; because - in spite of their success - they feel like they are sometimes treated as second-class citizens.  That could possibly be due to them being my age and experiencing the civil rights movement of the 1960s and '70s.  Others whom I consider to be more on the wild side are less concerned; saying people are people no matter what color they are; and if you get caught doing wrong things, there are consequences.

I've had plenty of run-ins with the law in my 60+ years (not all of them traffic-related); and I have usually been treated civilly as long as I am cooperating.  There have been a few exceptions where I have imprudently matched an angry officer's attitude and tone of voice; and spent some time cuffed in the back of a police car (never jail time though).  I was never physically abused beyond being forced into the back of a police car.  I have no idea what would have happened to me if I was African-American showing an "attitude".

It's weird; because of my Italian last name and less than porcelain skin, I had girls break up with me in the 1970's because their parents didn't approve of them being in a biracial relationship. 

I think that all of those who have marched around with their hands up or yelled that they can't breathe have been pimped out by racists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, among others. These recent issues of police-caused deaths are a matter of law breakers vs. law enforcement, not blacks vs. whites. Recall, a black female supervisor was present when officers attempted to arrest Mr. Garner. Mr. Garner suffered from asthma, according to news reports, which already compromised his breathing. No one being choked could keep saying that they couldn't breathe. Try talking the next time you are choking on something you have eaten or drunk. If your windpipe is blocked, you won't be saying much of anything.

Also in recent news reports was an article about a black policeman stopping a white motorist who died on the spot from an asthma attack.

I think that a certain segment of the black population has created suspicion and distrust by their own law-breaking behaviors, behaviors that result in harm to the property and lives of others, and by their disrespect for law officers whose responsibility it is to protect decent, law-abiding citizens. Now if these law-breakers stopped breaking laws, there would be no reason for law enforcement officers to arrest them, or even to stop to question them.

These marchers and hand-raisers and chanters and traffic-blockers have all been pimped-out by racist leaders who make skin color an issue, not the crimes that the perpetrators were committing, like robbing a convenience store, attacking a police officer, pulling a gun on an officer, beating up a security guard, etc.

It's not difficult for those who care nothing for others to stoop to indiscriminately looting and burning property while viewing themselves as the real victims, victims who have ultimately victimized themselves by their own anti-social, parasitic behaviors.

I'm the only african american that comes to this board.  i can't blame all the rest for avoiding this place.  Why come here?  To hear anonymous bigots spew their half baked understandings of prophecy one minute, and their racist bile the next?  They might as well go someplace else.  Any other place can't be any worse.

Since I am the only one here allow me to re state my stance: me and the police get along. I realize all too well that, like everything else the police force is a microcosm of society at large, some are good, others aren't. Some care, others don't.  It is just like the convenience store robbers.  Some are black, some are not.  If they do wrong they most certainly will pay.  America is good at that.  The police officers that do wrong, who ever they are will pay also.  No need to march.  It will all come out of the wash.  The robbers will pay, the traffickers in beer, and wine and tobacco will pay.  

So what's all the fuss about?  i don't watch fox news or anything else.  The so called race pimps don't influence me one way or another.  If i didn't come here I would not know what they are up to.  Last I checked they still have the right to protest.  70% of the protesters here are white, whatever that means.  There are black police officers and state troopers, also hispanics as well.  I work with them everyday.

Frederick Douglass

You can be sure if the perpetrators of the knock out game are caught, as opposed to being shot on sight, they will be sent to trial by the grand jury.  Once they are sent to trial they will most assuredly convicted.  They definitely won't get away with it.

No worries though.  There's a more sure trial on going.  Nobody on this earth, white, white cop, black cop whoever really gets away with anything.  A better judicial system.  An account of every word, every thought.  All the skeletons will come out of the closet.  Seventy years, or however long somebody lives,  of so called moral and social superiority will seem like not even a drop in a bucket compared to eternity.  

13But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,…2 Tim 3

God is Love!  Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

Lyndon, what you posted has nothing to do with mass shootings

Hitler and Stalin, both white, both responsible for sending multiplied hundreds of thousands of people to their deaths, taking years to do it. What is the differentiation of the way men choose to carry out their evil deeds?

There is one master instigator and he cares not how one chooses to serve him.

44.He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies....John 8

God is Love! Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

When u talk about riots and lies in ferguson you should be used to it.  It is in your history and DNA.

I have a personal friend living in Kenya, invited him home to eat dinner with my wife and self when he was in America, getting agricultural information to take back to his country. He's black and my wife and myself are both white. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. After returning to his home country and some time passed, terrorists attacked a shopping mall near where he lived, killing or wounding some 30 people.

When taking into consideration your comment above it seems you left out something, like the rest of the whole human race.

9The heart is deceitful above all things

and beyond cure.

Who can understand it?

10“I the Lord search the heart

and examine the mind,

to reward each person according to their conduct,

according to what their deeds deserve.”...Jer 17

1Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.…Romans 2

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

Civil Rights 2.0: This topic seems to address the civil rights of blacks. It would seem that as Americans we all currently have the same set of civil rights. What more rights do some Blacks and their supporters want? Are they forced to ride in the back seats of busses and planes or go to the ends of lines or not allowed to enter whites-only restaurants? Perhaps I am missing something.

Do the protesters want the right to attack law officers, resist arrest, point guns at them, kill them, or loot and burn businesses? Why are all those people marching and blocking highways? Are their pimps trying to incite a race war?

Why come here?  To hear anonymous bigots spew their half baked understandings of prophecy one minute, and their racist bile the next?

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I respect your opinions and value your point of view. I hope that you can make a difference in young lives, to turn them towards the practice of good, not evil. That is something that the entire world needs, leaders who can bring out the best in people, not the worst.

BTW. I have a supervisor whom I respect and like whose skin is quite dark, in fact, black. She originally came from Belize. It would be a mistake to see me as a racist.

Racism is often the hardest thing to understand by certain religious groups. When those groups have their own code words, phrases and spiritual understandings they believe others do not have, sitting them selves as being apart, superior in understanding, they exhibit the same qualities of racism.

You have to ask other blacks what civil rights they are looking for.  We are not monolithic in thought.  I can't answer for them.  I haven't participated in protests.  It is a waste of time, as I've stated over and over.  You're not going to get answers here.  I doubt if you're going to get answers in your lifetime.  This whole world is a complicated mess.

Speaking of civil rights, or the bill of rights, religious hatred and bigotry is stronger than racial hatred.   To the tune of hundreds of millions tortured and killed for believing a certain way.   One group's rights are abrogated one day, the next day it will be your group.  IOWs keep your boots on cowboy your day is coming too.

• Like 1

Frederick Douglass

• Members

...couldn't help but think that that is a person who will one day walk the streets of heaven and shine with the glory of God. And of the ones I have known, some of them have been black. 

was that, like, a surprise???

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Tough when someone disarms you and uses your own knife against you, isn't it?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

You really might want to seriously consider this idea - Lighten up, dude!

Or at least knock that chip off your shoulder.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

One of the opinions seems to be is that if we are not in the corner with the rioters and looters and those wanting to injure/kill police officers, then we are racists.

Who do you know who is on the side of rioters and looters? Name a public figure or someone on this board.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Who do you know who is on the side of rioters and looters? Name a public figure or someone on this board.

In some ways it's like the police officers who turned their backs to their superiors during some official or staged protest I was looking at on yahoo news, the principle being found in the Word.

30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters....Matt 12

Lift Jesus up!!

In some ways it's like the police officers who turned their backs to their superiors during some official or staged protest I was looking at on yahoo news, the principle being found in the Word.

30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters....Matt 12

When God says in His word "He who is not with Me is..." it means something.  When someone from this board or elsewhere says the same thing, it doesn't mean much.

Frederick Douglass

When God says in His word "He who is not with Me is..." it means something.  When someone from this board or elsewhere says the same thing, it doesn't mean much.

When the Word is spoken and is diminished by whatever source, it becomes evident which side they are on, although in the case of many in the last days it will be a result of being deceived.

7They questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, when therefore will these things happen? And what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?" 8And He said, "See to it that you are not misled......"Luke 21

10"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11So will My word be which goes forth....Isaiah 55

5And Jesus began to say to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. 6"Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many..…Mark 13

http://www.christianpost.com/news/5-false-messiahs-and-why-their-claims-to-be-christ-contradict-the-bible-97059/ 5 False 'Messiahs' and Why Their Claims to Be Christ Contradict the Bible

God is Love! Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

"When the Word is spoken"..... does equal text splatter, ie out of context from the original.

Show the text that points out that as a principle as opposed to personal opinion looking for some way to avoid the discomfort of personal responsibility.

.....yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken....Isaiah 28

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

(Also posted on the other thread not ye t sunk in the political muck and mire...)  Something to consider...

(Also posted on the other thread not ye t sunk in the political muck and mire...)  Something to consider...

I'm going to subscribe to this guy on youtube.  He's good; nice video.  Not because i agree with him.  He just makes a good video.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

2014 had an increase in the numbers of police officers killed in the line of duty that has shocked even the FBI:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/04/fbi-chief-comey-says-at-liu-funeral-that-number-2014-police-deaths-is-shocking/

Is that your response to Tom's video or just a general off topic post?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein