ClubAdventist is back!

The Civil Rights Movement 2.0

Is that your response to Tom's video or just a general off topic post?

Why  generally is the only topic white on black racism? Are blacks seen as incapable of racism and racists acts?

• Like 2

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Most people understand that racism exist,it is the lopsided viewpoint it is only a trait of white Christians

Racism,sexism bigotry are always presented as a evil of the white christian. All others are seen as the long suffering victims.  Islam has a centuries old history of owning slaves and being a prolific partner in the slave trade,yet they are seen as a peace loving people.How many people over the centuries have been slaughtered in the name of Islam,continuing today? We are always cautioned it is just a few radicals destroying the loving peaceful Islam. A radical christian is seen as representing Christianity in its entirety.Why is that? Islam forbids certain behaviors supposedly as does Christianity. Islam is praised for it's beliefs while Christians are mocked,ridiculed and blamed for just about every evil on the planet.

If some nutcase runs amuck and kills innocent people with a gun  it is all gun owners,not a few evil people. Not those of liberal ideology,only those evil nasty conservative Christians.

Prolife conservatives are seen as uncaring,heartless people that don't care about the hungry children already in this world,only wanting to force their prolife belief on others. Pro-choice are free to force their beliefs yet that is seen as compassion.

If Christian pastors or business people don't want to participate in gay marriage they are portrayed as mindless homophobics filled with hate.

Slavery and the horrible treatment of Native Americans has been frequently brought up on this board. I have yet to have anyone explain the evil of Africans that not only participated but made slavery a profitable business for the evil white man. Even free black men being slave masters in this country. Instead we slide right past that and focus on the white christians as  the inventor and cause of this hideous practice. The treatment of Native Americans by the white christian settlers cannot be excused as any evil cannot be. But the Native Americans did not object to this behavior when it was one tribe warring on other tribes because they were stronger and wanted what another tribe had . It was treated as a invention of the christian white settlers rather than this was the harsh reality of that time.

Who here can say where they would have stood on any of these issues at that time in history? I would like to be able to say without a doubt that my feeling on slavery and racism would have been the same as it is today. Can't say that and neither can anyone here that wants to keep picking at the sore to make sure it is always fresh and painful.

Would any that are of the black race be able to say without reservation that they never would have participated in the slave trade for power and profit? Any Native American say without reservation that they would have fought against their tribe warring against another tribe?

Are the numerous crimes committed by the black race against white victims racist? White crime against any of the black race is seen as racist.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

“Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, so must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood.”
Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

“Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, so must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood.”

Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail

As usual you slide around a direct answer on this subject.

Why is racism bigotry,and hate seen as behavior by the white race. When followers of Islam peacefully cut the heads off those that they consider enemies of their peaceful religion we are quickly reminded that it is only a very few radicals.They have been brutalizing and killing people for centuries. Maybe it is,I don't know how the silent ones view this privately.I suspect you don't either but take the common excuse of it's just a few. Those "few" have killed untold thousands over the centuries to current day.

You frequently insert snarky comments wherever you can concerning race. The founding fathers seem to be a favorite target,yet you fail to target those evil ones that provided the founding fathers with slaves. Without the greed and cruelty of Africans themselves the founding fathers would not have had such ready access to slaves. Free  former slaves hated the practice so much they became slave owners themselves and some ran the disgusting breeding farms right alongside the white race they so condemned

Had Africans not provided the "resources" slavery could not have flourished here as it did. Africans were so fond of this business that after importing slaves was outlawed in the US,Africans continued selling slaves to other areas at least till the 1860's.

Some carry that chip on their shoulder and hang onto it for dear life,making every word/action that can possibly be twisted a racial slur.Blaming an entire race for the actions of a few.Except those of the liberal persuasion. It's a few if it is followers of Islam,it is all if it is a white conservative christian.

Racism is alive and well and will always be a fact of life on this earth. The black race is as racist and is capable of as many acts of racism and hatred as any other race.Most countries in this world have either been the aggressor or the victim of this behavior. Yet you seem only to lay blame and responsibility on white conservative christians. 

• Moderators

What was your point in posting the increased deaths of police officers

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

What was your point in posting the increased deaths of police officers

I took it as just pointing out that any excuse would do in order to justify carrying out whatever evil deeds were deemed necessary. You know, "The end justifies the means.". May he might find it necessary to clarify.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

I will tell if you can tell me what was the point of this whole thread! 

If you don't know by now then anything else that I add will not be helpful.

Einstein

I will tell if you can tell me what was the point of this whole thread! 

I hope you are not waiting for a direct answer LOL. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The cop killer is an iconic folk hero of the Left, someone who must obviously have a grievance or else he wouldn’t be so mad. Racism is a convenient grievance to have, if you happen to be black, brown, or red, but anyone can get in on the act. White guys from Maine like Ray Luc Lavasseur and middle class Jewish women like Susan Rosenberg are considered no less heroic. The belief system of the Left today is so twisted and bloodthirsty that it excuses and even glorifies those who gun down police officers.

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/cop-killer-left-wing-folk-hero/

This probably the stupidest (not to mention offensive) pile of horse manure I have encountered in some time...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

This probably the stupidest (not to mention offensive) pile of horse manure I have encountered in some time...

Yup,you are right,but many politicians make horse manure smell like perfume

Apologized to Castro

“Dear President Castro,” Waters wrote on September 29, 1998, “I am writing to clarify my position on a resolution recently passed by the United States House of Representatives on September 14, 1998. I, and some of the Members of the Congressional Black Caucus, mistakenly voted for House Concurrent Resolution 254 which called on the Government of Cuba to extradite to the United States Joanne Chesimard and all other individuals who have fled the United States from political persecution and received political asylum in Cuba. Joanne Chesimard was the birth name of a political activist known to most Members of the Congressional Black Caucus as Assata Shakur. For the record, I am opposed to the resolution. I unequivocally stated that a mistake was made and I would have voted against the legislation”.

The New Jersey police department explains Joanne Chesimard’s “political activism” here:

On May 2, 1973 New Jersey State Troopers James Harper and Werner Foerster were patrolling the New Jersey Turnpike in the area of East Brunswick and stopped a car with three occupants. The Troopers were questioning the occupants when the driver and female passenger suddenly came up with semi-automatic pistols and opened fire. Trooper Foerster was struck twice 

Hands Off Assata: Protests Can Protect the Revolutionary Fugitive Again  12/22/2014 Truth Out: "But according to a former Black Panther Party leader, a protest movement that erupted in October 1998 organized by the Ad Hoc Coalition to Keep Assata Free forced two members of the Black Congressional Caucus, California Rep. Maxine Waters and Rep. Barbara Lee, to write a letter to Fidel Castro apologizing for their vote. The two congresswomen also traveled to Cuba in December 1998 to meet personally with Cuban officials and distance themselves from the resolution. "If it wasn't for the protests we organized in Washington, DC, that year, Assata may have been captured then," said JoNina Ervin, a former Black Panther Party leader, during an exclusive interview with Truthout on December 18. "We have to stand up and speak out now to protect Assata again.""

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think a number of posts in this thread have gotten no direct answers. 

After over 150 posts your asking "what is this thread about?". Who is the one who is avoiding?

Einstein

• Moderators

I know what this thread is about as I have posted a number of times in it. I considered your question not to be valid and not needing an answer. It was very plain to me that attitudes about the police have been a big part of the thread, that you couldn't or wouldn't see the relationship of the article, and you were just trying another maneuver to derail a post. Respond to the article for or against and quit trying to trash someone who is posting in the thread. Sorry the thread is not 100% going your way, but that is life.

Going my way? LoL. Is that how you see posting here? What does it mean for a thread to go your way? I post to express my opinion and to hear others. Once I start a thread it's no longer mine. If 100 disagree or post hundreds of links I don't lose anything. You are projecting!

Let me put it this way. Would you like to explain how you feel the increased deaths of police officers impacts what I see as the birth of a new civil rights movement?

"Respond to the article for or against?" I'm not sure how one can be against the fact that more officers died last year. How about responding to the video Tom posted. Maybe the article was your response that was a way to slide around the content in the video. Did you watch it? Funny how you point fingers at me but they are actually the things you do.

I'm sorry that you feel you are being trashed. Don't take things so personally. It's a discussion board.

• Like 2

Einstein

Well I'm glad your on your best gentlemanly behavior so as to give us all a good example. :bed:

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck....it just might be a duck!

Yup,I think that is what a few posters have been saying

• Moderators

Prosecutors on Monday pledged to bring murder charges against two Albuquerque police officers in the fatal shooting of a homeless camper whose death last March spurred rounds of protests and civilian clashes with police over allegations of excessive use of force.

Bernalillo County District Attorney Kari Brandenburg said Monday she would bring criminal charges against SWAT team member Dominique Perez and former Detective Keith Sandy for their roles in the shooting death of James Boyd, a 38-year-old homeless man with a history of mental illness who was camping in the city’s Sandia Foothills last March.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/albuquerque-police-officers-charged-murder-fatal-shooting-homeless-man

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Einstein

Prosecutors on Monday pledged to bring murder charges against two Albuquerque police officers in the fatal shooting of a homeless camper whose death last March spurred rounds of protests and civilian clashes with police over allegations of excessive use of force.

Bernalillo County District Attorney Kari Brandenburg said Monday she would bring criminal charges against SWAT team member Dominique Perez and former Detective Keith Sandy for their roles in the shooting death of James Boyd, a 38-year-old homeless man with a history of mental illness who was camping in the city’s Sandia Foothills last March.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/albuquerque-police-officers-charged-murder-fatal-shooting-homeless-man

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

My,My someone seems to get all their news from MSNBC.

This article means what? Pledging to bring murder charges means guilt? They may be and that means what,? If that is the case they deserves to be tried,convicted and sent to prison. That there are PO that abuse the use of force. Of course there is. There are scuzz bags in any profession. Does it follow that any black man shot by police is shot because he is black? Maybe in your world.

I would like to hear the whole story on this

"I'm looking forward ... to the DA's office presenting one single witness that says this is murder," said Sam Bergman, a lawyer for Sandy.

The district attorney refused to provide specifics about the reasons for bringing the case, but said it was a lengthy and deliberate process involving several members of her staff.

Each officer faces a single count in the March death of the 38-year-old Boyd. The charges allow prosecutors to pursue either first-degree or second-degree murder against the officers.

Even before Boyd's death, the U.S. Justice Department was investigating the use of force by Albuquerque police. The department recently signed an agreement to make changes after the government issued a harsh report. The agreement requires police to provide better training for officers and to dismantle troubled units.

Since 2010, Albuquerque police have been involved in 40 shootings ? 27 of them deadly. After Boyd's death, outrage over the trend grew and culminated with protests that included a demonstration where authorities fired tear gas and another that shut down a City Council meeting.

The criminal charges were the first Brandenburg has brought against officers in a shooting. She is in her fourth term as district attorney and is waging a fight with the Albuquerque Police Department over allegations that she committed bribery while intervening on behalf of her son in a burglary case.

Police believe she should be charged with bribery because, they say, she offered to pay a victim not to press charges. The attorney general's office is handling the matter.

Brandenburg said the charges against police had nothing to with the agency's investigation into her and that her office got the case long before the bribery claims came to light.

The next step in the case will be a preliminary hearing where a judge will decide whether the case can proceed. The officers have not been booked or arrested. That would not happen until a judge renders a decision at the preliminary hearing. A date has not been set.

• Moderators

A federal investigation found that 27 of this police force killings in tha last few years were unconstitutional. There is still a law against unreasonable force.

Einstein

• Moderators

A homeless man does not deserve to die for unauthorized camping. Sadly, Americans have become conditioned to accept the killing of its citizens for minor offenses. Thankfully a New Mexico prosecutor see the value is this man's life.

Einstein

So this makes all or most cops guilty by default? If this isn't a payback for the personal trouble the DA finds herself in for bribery they deserve to be charged,tried and guilty if that is what happened. It would be interesting to hear some real facts concerning this

• Moderators

I think it's significant that the man killed had a knife and that the police officers were still changed.

Einstein

I think it's significant that the man killed had a knife and that the police officers were still changed.

I was in Albuquerque when the man was shot.  There was a huge public outcry - even by the witnesses that were there.  The man was several yards away from police and appeared to be just holding the knives - not really threatening anyone.  Like I said, he was several yards away.  He was also obviously having some sort of mental episode.

Like the news article said, ABQ police were already under federal investigation for excessive use of force prior to this incident.