ClubAdventist is back!

hiding forum sections

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

I would love to be able to hide forum sections that are annoying..  The ability to put various members on "ignore" only works to a certain degree, as some who post in those section(s) post elsewhere on other topics that I *am* interested in reading.

The "View New Content" selection works fairly well, but when logging into C/A, the first thing that is inevitably seen is the section I'd like *not* to see..

There's probably not a solution, so's just a little nuisance I'll put up with!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

With the old software there was a box you could check to collapse a section. While that didn't completely hide it it squished it down so you could pass over it quickly.

Unfortunately I don't even see that here

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

There is a blue ribbon over the top of every sector. When you hover your mouse on the far right end a plus+ or minus- is shown. 

Clicking on the minus closes the whole sector.

There might be a cookie in the background logging your preference. If you don't log-out or don't clean out your browser preferences, and go off somewhere, you might have the same format as you set it for the day before. I don't know exactly because I always clean my cache of the browser I am using so no tracking cookie can keep info about my Forums habits.

All messages of ones we put on 'ignore' will collapse their messages all over in the Forum sectors.

We don't see hide-nor-hair of them unless we click on the option to peek at what they wrote. 

What more do you want?

• Administrators

Right on!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

YAY!  Thanks, Yentyl!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?