ClubAdventist is back!

Babies in heaven

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

There's a lot of controversy regarding abortions and whether or not a fetus should have legal rights as a human being. That's not what this topic is about, however.

Adventist beliefs include the idea that babies who have died will be in heaven (*which* babies will be determined by God's judgment).

My question is, do the anti-abortion members believe that since fetuses are human beings, that the aborted (including the spontaneously aborted, medically aborted, and and illegally aborted) fetuses will be in heaven?  If so, will the mothers be pregnant again to carry the fetuses to full-term viability?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

It also goes beyond fetuses. Many of the so-called pro-life advocates stake their position on human life beginning at conception. That has been the fodder of debates and litigation over what to do with frozen embryos that are saved for in vitro fertilization. Pam, as you noted, spontaneous abortion or miscarriages would come into play. How would God sort out those? What if the mother is not saved? Will God find surrogate mothers to carry those embryos to term?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus said that if we ask anything of the Father He will do it for us, right?  Then if a mother who lost her child before it was born asks the Father to save that little one, don't you think He will do it?

As far as the embryo goes, I do not expect that ANY person who ends up in Heaven will be concerned about all of the embryos who will not have a caring parent.  Someone once told me that Ellen White says that those types of people (small unwanted children and embryos) will just cease to exist (without punishment).

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)

• 3 months later...

I think they will be like they never existed in the main. 

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

I believe the type of life God started on this earth will continue in the new world. I do not see Him as starting this whole story line and then say "Okay, now I am going to change everything".  So....is he the same yesterday, today and tomorrow or not? Mans understanding should change, if we are progressing, but sometimes I wonder. If God is going to reunite families in the new resurrection, why bother if He is going to change everything later. Sounds more like Greek Gods to me.

It is said that there is no marriage in heaven so who is going to raise these kids?

When God created Adam he saw that Adam needed a help mate so he created Eve to make His creation perfect and good.

If there is no marriage in the New world, is God abandoning the original creation?

I suspect that those who are resurrected into the Kingdom of YHVH will essentially all be children, according to Christ, raised and taught by the Messengers. If there are infants who have undergone the wash-up in the River of Life, they, too, will be well-taken care of. After the memory wipe in the River, there won't be much about the previous life to remember. Those chosen to join the Kingdom will be trained in the work they are assigned to do to support the new civilization.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

That is not how I understand the new world would be.

I understand those adults will be restores to our prime age.  I thought all will be restored to the state before Adam fell.  This means husband and wife living together. If one does not remember how we lived on this earth why do we spend a thousand years looking through the books why "so and so" did not make it?

I think that when the New Earth is re-created that we will have our families again, or make new ones. Jesus loved little children, I can't imagine never hearing little children laugh and play ever again once this batch is all raised.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

On target.

The Bible is clear: GOD does not charge us with sin that we have not been convicted of by the Holy Spirit.

Gregory

• 3 weeks later...

Shelley and I have had two miscarriages, one late miscarriage, and a stillbirth. We have one child, Garrett. If you wish to believe that god will bring these unborn loved ones to you, then the comfort is yours to have. In the past I used to wrestle with such issues, but now I see them as pointless theory and conjecture.

This will answer many of your questions regarding this subject..

http://library.ellenwhite.org/content/file/babies-sinnful-mothers?numFound=22918&collection=true&curr=13853&sqid=901565233#document

http://biblelight.net/JS/Resurrection%20of%20Babies.pdf

Am sure both of those were among the most painful experience anyone can have.

I remember a quote, not sure where it is,,,  something like this,  "This child within me, is full of the Holy Spirit" or something similar.. It showed that the baby is a baby.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 2 weeks later...

Stan, you're most likely thinking of Luke 1:15 and Luke 1:41, 44...

My personal opinion is that even unborn Children have value in the eyes of God. We don't know how, but I think God is more than able to take care of unborn children that died while they were in the wombs of their unconverted mothers.

Edited by Unchained