ClubAdventist is back!

How Thousands of Muslims Are Falling in Love with Jesus

phkrause

• Members
A Movement Towards Compassion

When Jesus looked upon the lost people in first-century Palestine, “He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd” (Matthew 9:36). And then He proclaimed something remarkable: these lost souls were a “plentiful harvest” that only lacked harvesters. Therefore, it is tragic when Christians look at Muslims, not with compassion, but with a default to fear, anger, and rejection.

If Christians were to be highly intentional about approaching Islam in a way that is inviting and attractive, without compromise, staying as consistently biblical as possible, here are some of the characteristics that we should expect to see:

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/How-Thousands-of-Muslims-Are-Falling-in-Love-with-Jesus.aspx#SDRqVq7HgmQf9f3R.99

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

All we need now is to get Christians to fall in love with Jesus.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

All we need now is to get Christians to fall in love with Jesus.

Just ban christians

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

SDAs are probably equipped better to approach Muslims because of our commonality with them in the matter of alcohol and unclean meat avoidance.

• Like 2

• Moderators

SDAs are probably equipped better to approach Muslims because of our commonality with them in the matter of alcohol and unclean meat avoidance.

I had a good number of Muslim friends growing up. We had a lot in common, like the things you mentioned. I couldn't connect with the other Christian kids who were into drinking, smoking and eating bacon sandwiches.

Einstein

• Administrators

Quite true. That was evident when I lived in Indonesia.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

If we were Muslim, how appealing would the teachings of Christ be?

He basically stopped the stoning of an adulteress by making the stoners see that they were big hypocrites who were just as guilty of transgressing the laws of Moses as the poor woman they were targeting. Never mind the men she allegedly slept with who were just as guilty as she was, but for some reason there was no one around trying to throw stones at them. They just kept their guilty sexual secrets to themselves and picked on the weaker women, maybe to ensure that their "honor" would remain intact and their sexual secrets remained secret.

Although there will come a time when all of the followers of YHVH will be enabled to keep his laws, in this life, as Christ has taught us, compassion, self-sacrifice, and forgiveness are far more important than being murderous, hypocritical Enforcers of the Laws.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Moderators

There is a school in Protestant Christianity that is attempting to reach Islamics through the Quran.  It believes that there is a very basic level of truth I the Quran that lays the foundation for conversion to Christianity.  As such it attempts to teach those basic truths from the  Quran.  In doing so it attempts to lay a foundation that can be built upon which will lead to an acceptance of    truth beyond what I in the Quran.

One such is an independent effort by a SDA Arabic scholar who had a booth at the 2010 General Conference in Atlanta.  purchased some of his writings and found them to be very interesting.  Although, I have no knowledge of the Arabic. 

• Like 2

Gregory

• Administrators

I have believed for years that God would do something huge in the Muslim world before Jesus comes. I wonder if the recent rising up of ISIS will facilitate something to this effect. Wait and see!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

When I worked with the NY Van Ministry about 1996 we saw Muslims eager to know more about Christ. One gas station attendant nsmed Mohammed meaning he was the eldest son of a Muslim family asked my coworker for more Steps to Christ like the one he had been given previously to give to his friends. When my friend went into the gas station the man went around the side of our van and asked me to please not leave without giving him more books.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

• Members

​Abraham’s Other Children

How God is working to tell Muslims about Jesus

BY LINDA SMITH

This is a story about God, and about how He, in these last days, is drawing Muslims to Himself in unprecedented ways. I write this having witnessed glimpses of what is becoming the largest Jesus movement in the history of Islam, since more Muslims have come to Christ in the past 10 years than in the previous 1,400!

Rest of article:

http://www.adventistreview.org/141521-18

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

​Abraham’s Other Children

How God is working to tell Muslims about Jesus

BY LINDA SMITH

This is a story about God, and about how He, in these last days, is drawing Muslims to Himself in unprecedented ways. I write this having witnessed glimpses of what is becoming the largest Jesus movement in the history of Islam, since more Muslims have come to Christ in the past 10 years than in the previous 1,400!

Rest of article:

http://www.adventistreview.org/141521-18

I can't help but believe that is why this below is happening at an unprecedented level.

11"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. 12"For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."....Revelation 12

God is Love!  Jesus saves!   :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

The Salvation Army are planting churches in Iraq and Pakistan as muslims are coming to Christ through their ministry. Its worth pointing out that the divisional commander of the Salvation Army was gunned down by islamic militants several years ago, yet the work is continuing and more and more muslims are being born again in those nations.