ClubAdventist is back!

Having an issue with the size of my fonts!

Scuba

I'm not sure what the real issue is here but for some reason I keep getting warned for the size of my fonts. When I quote a verse I cut and paste the verse to my post and I guess when I do it the font is bigger than the rest of my post which causes Tom Wetmore to have issues to the point of sending me warnings of me being suspended from the forum. You know, this is the fist time I have been threatened with suspension for having mechanical issues with the forum and to me, I ready don't need the micro management attitude so I will be bowing out. Have a great day.

Sometimes our behavior needs time to catch up to our salvation... ::puppykisses::

• Moderators

Scuba: People may disagree with you, at times. I have. :) But, you do contribute. You do cause discussion and thought.

It is clearly your choice as to whether or not you wish to stay or to leave.

If the size of your fonts is a problem and you do not know how to change there size, ask. Someone should be able to help you.

In any case, you, I and everyone else posting here is a guest and must abide by the rules of the household. If you chose not to abide by those rules, you can chose to leave.

As to micromanagement: You have got to be kidding!

Gregory

Hi Scuba...  

We want you to stay...  the font issue ends up being an ongoing issue.  AND the problem is not all the same with the varies browers..  some will not let you copy and paste at all.

Message me if you still have a problems.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I always use the same size font 14 because it easier to read. Sometimes of have to highlight the post to change the font do they're all the same because when I cut and paste they end up being different. I don't think me using font 14 should be an issue nor is it me expressing an attitude. Is more of a glasses issue for me.

• Like 1

Sometimes our behavior needs time to catch up to our salvation... ::puppykisses::

So, where is the faq that says exactly what we can do with fonts? In all the forums I have ever been on, this is the only one where any one says anything about fonts and that is limited to one person.

If use of different fonts/sizes/bold,italics,etc, then why not disable it altogether.As I explained to my tormenter over fonts, it helps to be able to bold them to be able to better read them. However, he claims it is equivalent to shouting! ROFL! Everyone, I thought, knew shouting is all caps!

Being stuck to the default font & size should be condered a violation of the disabilities act.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Font size is not the real issue.  There are plenty of people here who use size 14.

Yes, there are people like me who have issues with vision and adapt accordingly.

Lyndon, I am not going to get into a public discussion with you as to your response.  If you want something privately, talk to either Tom or Stan. 

Gregory

The size of the font was a decision.  What had happened is the threads looked butt ugly with different sizes and colour,  it ended up being a design issue There is a difference between the occasional boldness, or colour, or size... but over kill was happening..

Their a bigger issues in life than letting this overcome sharing thoughts.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

After a response is written, but before it is posted, you can select the entire response and click on the "size" tab to make all of the post the same size...  the fonts may be different if you're doing a copy and paste, but the size will be the same.  And if it's wanted, the font can all be made the same, as well..

It's not difficult...

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I pasted an image from a PDF file and the image was displayed. But when I clicked the preview button, the image does not show. Can anybody help? How can I show an image in what I am posting? I have no personal website to link the image to.

Thank you, folks.

• Members

make a screenshot of the image and save to your desktop... then upload the image to your post..

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

The size of the font was a decision.  What had happened is the threads looked butt ugly with different sizes and colour,  it ended up being a design issue There is a difference between the occasional boldness, or colour, or size... but over kill was happening..

Their a bigger issues in life than letting this overcome sharing thoughts.

What he said...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

make a screenshot of the image and save to your desktop... then upload the image to your post..

Thanks, Pam. I tried. You may view my new thread, Ask, I Will Answer...

In the preview of the OP of my new thread, the image was shown. But when I posted it, it is the download link that appears. I think I made a mistake in following your instructions.

• Members

Samie, I can see the image perfectly...  :)

Is that so, Pam? So maybe it does not show in my browser because I was the one who posted it anyway.

Let's just leave it at that...

Again, thanks much.

The issue is that I have 5 more points left before I get suspended from the forum. That means I received 45 points because of my fonts. The Thread Police say that I'm shouting with my fonts but that is so far from the truth but I guess that doesn't matter. I guess fonts 14 is dangerous when it's mixed with using red letters when quoting the Bible.

Just to let you know, I used size 14 fonts for this post, as well as, Verdana type. These are my two favorite typing modes. 

I have to go!!! I think the Thread Police are banging on my front door with a warrant for my arrest!

2aiplvr.jpg

• Administrators

What seems to be lost on so many that overuse colored font, bold, underlining, large or different font is that it seldom if ever actually achieves its desired objective. It really doesn't improve readers attention to it increasing their interest or desire to read. I suspect it actually has the opposite effect. Such posts are more apt to get skipped over.

Another point that really goes against the supposed reason is the need to make it easier to read. Using color print actually reduces contrast and makes it harder to read. Black print on white background still works best.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

The issue is that I have 5 more points left before I get suspended from the forum. That means I received 45 points because of my fonts. The Thread Police say that I'm shouting with my fonts but that is so far from the truth but I guess that doesn't matter. I guess fonts 14 is dangerous when it's mixed with using red letters when quoting the Bible.

Just to let you know, I used size 14 fonts for this post, as well as, Verdana type. These are my two favorite typing modes.

I have to go!!! I think the Thread Police are banging on my front door with a warrant for my arrest!

2aiplvr.jpg

Looking at the coding... No sign of resizing to 14...

Looking at the coding... No sign of resizing to 14...

Well there must be something wrong with the mechanics of the tools because I always use size 14 with Verdana style. Even this post is font 14 and Verdana. When I cut and paste a Bible verse it's a different font so I have to highlight the whole post and change the font to 14 and the style to Verdana. What happens after that, who knows. Either way I don't like having 45 points worth of warnings because of it. Now I have to walk on egg shells. 

What seems to be lost on so many that overuse colored font, bold, underlining, large or different font is that it seldom if ever actually achieves its desired objective. It really doesn't improve readers attention to it increasing their interest or desire to read. I suspect it actually has the opposite effect. Such posts are more apt to get skipped over.

Another point that really goes against the supposed reason is the need to make it easier to read. Using color print actually reduces contrast and makes it harder to read. Black print on white background still works best.

I use 14 font and Verdana style type. The only time I use red is when I'm quoting a Bible verse because I feel red shows the Bible verse as holding more value than my words. (This post is font 14 and Verdana stye type)

I use 14 font and Verdana style type. The only time I use red is when I'm quoting a Bible verse because I feel red shows the Bible verse as holding more value than my words. (This post is font 14 and Verdana stye type)

I try to quote in red, but the Bible in blue. The colors seems to match their meanings more. The only better color for the Bible might be white, but that would cause some problems! However, if you ever see a blank post, there may be a secret message buried in there! Hi-liting may reveal it.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

O. K. That is why you quote in red.  Are you aware that you have chosen to place the Biblical test in a color that make it very had for people who are color-blind for red is almost impossible for them to read?

I do not have that genetic condition.  I can read in red.  But, I find it harder to read your posts that have a lot of red color.  Because of that I often ignore them.  That may be  what you want for me.   :)    If, so, do you want that for other people?

• Like 3

Gregory

Actually, the Bible texts are blue. The red thing, OK, some have difficulty. But so do some with the "standard" font sizes. Will reconsider red type.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

O. K. That is way you quote in red.  Are you aware that you have chosen to place the Biblical test in a color that make it very had for people who are color-blind for red almost impossible to read?

I do not have the genetic condition.  I can read in red.  But, I find it harder to read your posts that have a lot of red color.  Because of that I often ignore them.  That may be  what you want for me.   :)    If, so, do you want that for other people?

I type in English too and some people would have a problem with that I'm sure. I think we're straining at gnats here. I have no ulterior motives here to hurt anyone or from preventing people from inputting their thoughts by my font size, letter style or the color of letters. All I'm doing is posting. Can I post here without worry or fear of walking on egg shells?  

• Members

honestly, I don't think an occasional large size font would be a problem.. and I don't think it matters which font you choose, as long as it's consistent throughout the post..

I'm with Tom and Gregory, though, about the RED colored type... I will generally ignore a post that has that, as I find it annoying.

• Moderators

Scuba:  My issue is your use of red color.   While I do not have that genetic condition, there are enough people who have it as to cause a problem for them.  It is not a gnat!

As to the use of the English language,  I do not have a choice and probably the majority of the people here do not have a choice.  Do you?  Are you qualified to post in another language?  If so, feel free to do so.  CA is delighted to have people establish sections in the forum for people who are fluent in another language.  Just don't spam us, as some are doing in the Russian language.

Gregory