ClubAdventist is back!

Is religion the answer?

LifeHiscost

I would suggest no!  Why do I believe this? Probably because I spent the first ten years, minimum, while I failed in everything except being religious. It's probably the #1 reason why there is so much hurt among the most sincere people. Something typified by this comment to a news article about religion.

Charles Rowland · Top Commenter

The greatest day of my life was when I found out GODS and RELIGIONS were imaginary as well as MAN MADE. Human beings do not do good things because of GODS and RELIGIONS; human beings do good things inspite of religion. With or without religion good people do good things and bad people do bad things; religion and gods can make good people do bad things.

Reply ·

·  

My personal journey of faith became far more comfortable when I recognized two or more essential elements of the faith that survives, the first and most important being that God is Love and all other foundational beliefs must accept that reality the way God explains it or religion doesn't make sense.

3....but if I didn’t love others,I would have gained nothing

4Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8Prophecy and speaking in unknown languagesb and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete.....13Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love....1 Corinthians 13

5"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.....John 15

30"I (Jesus)and the Father are one....John 10 parenthesis mine  LHC

God is Love!   Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!