ClubAdventist is back!

SDA Church speaks on Immunizations

Gregory Matthews

• Members

was there a need for a church statement on vaccinations?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Do church officials only speak when there isw a need?

:bdunno:  I have no idea.   I just wondered if there had been some sort of necessity for the church to make a formal statement.   

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Pam:  I suspect that it was simply preventive.  WE are confused with the JWs.  So, some leader probably did not want there to be any confusion on this issue.

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

“The Seventh-day Adventist Church places strong emphasis on health and well-being. The Adventist health emphasis is based on biblical revelation, the inspired writing of E.G. White (co-founder of the church), and on peer-reviewed scientific literature. As such, we encourage responsible immunization/vaccination, and have no religious or faith-based reason not to encourage our adherents to responsibly participate in protective and preventive immunization programs. We value the health and safety of the population, which includes the maintenance of ‘herd immunity.’

“We are not the conscience of the individual church member, and recognize individual choices. These are exercised by the individual. The choice not to be immunized is not and should not be seen as the dogma nor the doctrine of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.”

What about the fact that the inserts for many vaccines say they are derived from genetically modified organisms. I wonder how EGW would feel about that.

What about the fraud in the recent MMR vaccine? They're going to turn a blind eye to that?

What about the case in Africa where the Catholic bishops found sterilization in the vaccines?

I suspect this may be discussed at the upcoming general conference. People's lives are at stake.

• Moderators

1) Genetically modified organisms:   True.  genetically modified organisms are involved in the production of vaccines.  See:  http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/897705/genetically-modified-organism- GMO/279978/GMOs-in-medicine-and-research  This has resulted in better, more effective and less expensive vaccines.  I do not think tht EGW would have objected.  I see no reason for us to object today.  Hepatitis B is produced from Yeast.  Many other vaccines are produced from a GMO.  These are a great blessing.

NOTE:  Do not confuse a vaccine with a food. 

2) Fraud in MMR Vaccine:  Please see: http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cdcwhistleblower.asp   I am uncertain as to your point of reference.  If this was the issue, it is false.  If you are talking about some financial issues or some problems in some research studies, then there may be a bit to your charge.  But, probably not a whole lot as far as the clinical issues go.

3) Catholic Bishops in Africa:  Please see:  http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/tetanus.asp    In short this is false.

• Like 2

Gregory

• Moderators

Yes, Joe, if you search the Internet you will find many examples of the story being told.  However, the facts remain that   what I have stated is false is false.  A lie  repeated 1,000 times remains a lie and is not truth. 

I find it interesting that you have not responded to the specific reasons that Snopes has given for stating that it is false.  You response is simply that there are over a million posts of the material.

In Post # 9 your referenced a medical person.  Here is one such statement in your citation:

And Dr. Collins Tabu, head of the Health Ministry’s immunization branch, told the Kenyan Nation, that there is no other additive in the vaccine and claims that women who were vaccinated in March of this year are expecting. “Therefore we deny that the vaccines are laced with contraceptives,” Tabu said.

Yes, that citation has people who disagree with Dr. Tabu.

• Like 2

Gregory