ClubAdventist is back!

Supreme Court will hear Arguments: Gay Marriage= Sep. of Church N State

GayatfootofCross

​Sounds like worth the move for some. Threads gravitate. Just not replying to the off topic would seem to meet the need.

God is ove!  Jesus saves!  :D

Well its nice JoeMo left a note on his way out.

LifeHiscost, Has that 'L' always been missing in your signature?

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

​No one here is promoting a gay life style; everyone here agrees that gay activity is a sin.  What (IMO) is being promoted is acceptance and encouragement of those who are attracted to the same gender but wish to avoid the life style out of honor and respect for God.  The story about your wife's freind is a good example of what I'm talking about.  I'm glad you agree that she is saved.

We should encourage in love and compassion JoeMo! There is a big difference between my wifes friend and the current poster on here-she is repentant and not trying to harmonize or minimize the sin. Just read carefully the responses with discernment.

• Members

There is a big difference between my wifes friend and the current poster on here-she is repentant and not trying to harmonize or minimize the sin.

just to be crystal clear, Br Love, are you inferring that  1) Gay is a practicing homosexual, 2) that he is unrepentant, and 3) that he is trying to minimize or harmonize homosexuality?

If so, may I ask where you purchased your tinfoil hat?

• Thanks 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Well its nice JoeMo left a note on his way out.

LifeHiscost, Has that 'L' always been missing in your signature?

​OOppps! I was in a hurry. Be patient with me. God isn't finished working on me yet.

I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh, for as you presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to wickedness upon wickedness, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness for sanctification....Romans 6:19

Just in case that might sound offensive you, I only sow the seed. I don't ask Him why He brought it to my attention.

10"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. 12"For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.…Isaiah 55

Keep looking up! Our Lord cometh!

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

​OOppps! I was in a hurry. Be patient with me. God isn't finished working on me yet.

I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh, for as you presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to wickedness upon wickedness, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness for sanctification....Romans 6:19

Just in case that might sound offensive you, I only sow the seed. I don't ask Him why He brought it to my attention.

10"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. 12"For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.…Isaiah 55

Keep looking up! Our Lord cometh!

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

​ I don't see any offense. I see the WORD!

amen always share!

I might even share the WORD too with you!

Hey!

i love Isaiah 55... I shared it earlier here in the thread!

I think it was here! God has been opening my eyes to Isaiah more and more!

Isaiah 55 King James Version (KJV)

55 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

Praise GOD! talk about emotions it releases and convictions to the heart!

Edited by Tom Wetmore

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

just to be crystal clear, Br Love, are you inferring that  1) Gay is a practicing homosexual, 2) that he is unrepentant, and 3) that he is trying to minimize or harmonize homosexuality?

If so, may I ask where you purchased your tinfoil hat?

​By the sounds of your tin hat comment i suspect that you have already made up your mind, but I will respond anyways.

It is not a tin hat that I purchased, it is experience with the subject and discernment. I have supplied a number of quotes by Mr gay. I even foretold how he would use scripture to his advantage. I know where he will go from here.

i have to assume that some are naive on the subject, or that some are in favor.

What happens when a person assumes......."i have to assume that some are naive on the subject,"...........

Edited by GayatfootofCross

Romeo and Juliet

What happens when a person assumes......."i have to assume that some are naive on the subject,"...........?

​It would be quite safe to assume that not everyone has been involved in dialogue and discussion with a gay activist.

• Moderators

It probably would be safe to assume that some people who post in CA have not been involved with a gay activist.  However, I will suggest that to assume that some people posting in this thread have  not been involved with a gay activist is less certalin thatn my first sentence.

And by the way, it is often said that assumptions are the worst form of proof.

In any case there are commonly thought to be three (3) classes of reasoned proof:  1) Deductive reasoning, 2) Inductive reasoning, and 3) Abductive reasoning.  Of these, inductive reasoning is often false and abductive reasoning also may be false.In looking at some of the arguments that you are making, they appear to me to be either based upon inductive reasoning,or possibly on abductive reasoning.

For more on these types of reasoning, see:

http://www.livescience.com/21569-deduction-vs-induction.html

Gregory

​It would be quite safe to assume that not everyone has been involved in dialogue and discussion with a gay activist.

​While most probably do not have dialogue with activists,we all are involved with the effects of their efforts.  The effect most here deal with is the "Judge Alert" .Those leveling that non-judgmental opinion/judgment are not judging however. They are simply showing the proper christian spirit.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

It probably would be safe to assume that some people who post in CA have not been involved with a gay activist.  However, I will suggest that to assume that some people posting in this thread have  not been involved with a gay activist is less certalin thatn my first sentence.

And by the way, it is often said that assumptions are the worst form of proof.

In any case there are commonly thought to be three (3) classes of reasoned proof:  1) Deductive reasoning, 2) Inductive reasoning, and 3) Abductive reasoning.  Of these, inductive reasoning is often false and abductive reasoning also may be false.In looking at some of the arguments that you are making, they appear to me to be either based upon inductive reasoning,or possibly on abductive reasoning.

For more on these types of reasoning, see:

http://www.livescience.com/21569-deduction-vs-induction.html

​I will appeal to common sense and go the short route.

in any discussion involving people from various walks of life and experiences, there will be various responses depending on these experiences, the responses are the proof. From these responses a person can tell within a reasonable doubt the posters experience and worldview. There will be those who are inexperienced, and those more experienced..and everything inbetween

I can identify those with an pro-agenda because i know the playbook....not a tin hat

Edited by brotherly love

Bro,

While I sympathize with your concerns, I respectfully disagree with them.  Suffice it to say that I do not consider myself ignorant of or naive about the gay agenda.  I know enough to know that many (if not most) gays (at least the ones I know) are NOT activists and want nothing to do with them.  I don't view anyone on here as promoting a gay agenda.  I see people looking for community and God in spite of their issues.  I'm looking for the same thing in spite of my issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bro,

While I sympathize with your concerns, I respectfully disagree with them.  Suffice it to say that I do not consider myself ignorant of or naive about the gay agenda.  I know enough to know that many (if not most) gays (at least the ones I know) are NOT activists and want nothing to do with them.  I don't view anyone on here as promoting a gay agenda.  I see people looking for community and God in spite of their issues.  I'm looking for the same thing in spite of my issues.

​Which ones are activists depends on the person and the subject matter, it does not depend on the ones we know or have heard about.

That being said,when a person parrots the play book of a gay agenda with their own words, then discernment kicks in.

Lets use you as an example. You leaned heavily on an angel sex interpretation in order to make Sodom about angelic sex. You were honest and determined that this was an illogical conclusion. Yet you jumped quickly to the interpretation that Sodom was about homosexual rape when it was presented.

This tells me that you are not a gay activist, but you are hard wired to harmonize the bible with your feelings on the subject, and these interpretations appeal to your sensitivities.

It is not about seeking community despite issues, it is about changing a community to harmonize the issue.

If we take the analogy of a speaker, for most the speaker of acceptance is turned up too loud, while the speaker of discernment is set to low

Edited by brotherly love

​Which ones are activists depends on the person and the subject matter, it does not depend on the ones we know or have heard about.

That being said,when a person parrots the play book of a gay agenda with their own words, then discernment kicks in.

Lets use you as an example. You leaned heavily on an angel sex interpretation in order to make Sodom about angelic sex. You were honest and determined that this was an illogical conclusion. Yet you jumped quickly to the interpretation that Sodom was about homosexual rape when it was presented.

This tells me that you are not a gay activist, but you are hard wired to harmonize the bible with your feelings on the subject, and these interpretations appeal to your sensitivities.

It is not about seeking community despite issues, it is about changing a community to harmonize the issue.

If we take the analogy of a speaker, for most the speaker of acceptance is turned up too loud, while the speaker of discernment is set to low

​Does anyone really think that activists are actually harmless because overall they are few in number?  Trying to force  a church to baptize an infant child of a gay couple

doesn't end with one activist.There are many gay friendly churches that would have been happy to baptize the infant. However that is not newsworthy nor does it capture sympathy for the gay couple. Making it  public does. Just as the bakeries and photographers. Bit by bit the gay activists work to remove any that dare to stand by what they believe,paving the way for non-activists to achieve what they see as equality. A non activist homosexual couple will be demanding the church that bends to do same for them.And why shouldn't they? I believe God is fair and I believe He saw two men or two women as fair to not ordain as one man one woman. Now superior man is going to correct that error and make equal what God did not.

As long as so many SDA's see this as a fairness and equality issue it is only logical that it is believed by SDA's that homosexual individuals be accorded the same privilege

Equality until they demand to be treated as any other sinner requesting baptism ,membership,or marriage performed by SDA clergy. If I were a lesbian looking for a denomination to accept me I would certainly lean towards one that believed in equality as defined by me. If it is accepted as only fair and taking into account all those other sins that everyone has I would be angry at finding out that equality means. Nor do I blame them.If I promote,condone,turn a blind eye it is a bit hypocritical to then say Wait a minute,can't allow that

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I've said this many times before; but IMO the issue is not about baptism or acceptance by a denomination; it's about grace and acceptance by God.  who a denomination decides to accept or not accept is immaterial.  What is material is who God accepts.  That's his business; not mine.  Until I know more about a peron's life, I have no right to question their motives.  There are those here on CA who are comfortable with believers who are dealing with hot-button issues, and there are those who are not.  I am comfortable - I have a few issues myself.  So who am I to call out someone else over their issues?

If we were honest, I think many of us have issues that are distasteful to others here; so we don't share them.  It takes courage to share hot-button personal issues here.

• Like 1

I've said this many times before; but IMO the issue is not about baptism or acceptance by a denomination; it's about grace and acceptance by God.  who a denomination decides to accept or not accept is immaterial.  What is material is who God accepts.  That's his business; not mine.  Until I know more about a peron's life, I have no right to question their motives.  There are those here on CA who are comfortable with believers who are dealing with hot-button issues, and there are those who are not.  I am comfortable - I have a few issues myself.  So who am I to call out someone else over their issues?

If we were honest, I think many of us have issues that are distasteful to others here; so we don't share them.  It takes courage to share hot-button personal issues here.

Romeo and Juliet

The issue in this forum is the coming Supreme Court decision on gay marriage. Not what the denomination decides or anyone's standing before God.

Is gay marriage a issue of equality and fairness?  Should  SDA's condone,vote for or promote anything that as SDA's we believe to be wrong in order to correct the lack of equality and fairness by God.

All have issues,that however is not up for a vote.

Two men  two women are not the same or equal to one man one woman. In order for equality or fairness to be a factor the definition had to be changed to accommodate something else alrogether

Edited by bonnie

The issue in this forum is the coming Supreme Court decision on gay marriage. Not what the denomination decides or anyone's standing before God.

Is gay marriage a issue of equality and fairness?  Should  SDA's condone,vote for or promote anything that as SDA's we believe to be wrong in order to correct the lack of equality and fairness by God.

All have issues,that however is not up for a vote.

Two men  two women are not the same or equal to one man one woman. In order for equality or fairness to be a factor the definition had to be changed to accommodate something else alrogether

​Yes!

:backtopic:

Romeo and Juliet

​Yes!

:backtopic:

​I think you are confused. The anticipated Supreme Court decision on gay marriage is the issue 

​I think you are confused. The anticipated Supreme Court decision on gay marriage is the issue 

Dear bonnie,

I am not confused

I started this thread!

:rollingsmile:

Romeo and Juliet

​Here is the big difference, you are not coming out like a game show host identifying yourself with you afflictions. Lets say a lesbian comes on here making this her sole identity and making comments that the OT does not condemn lesbianism-just male homosexuality. Continually minimizes lesbianism compared to other afflictions. discernment has to kick in at some point.

​Here is the big difference, you are not coming out like a game show host identifying yourself with you afflictions. Lets say a lesbian comes on here making this her sole identity and making comments that the OT does not condemn lesbianism-just male homosexuality. Continually minimizes lesbianism compared to other afflictions. discernment has to kick in at some point.

'still waiting :) ' -GAY​

​Let me step in here for a moment. Most Christians I have met that I have discussed this face to face well meaning and thoughtfully thought that in Leviticus the prohibition was given therein regards to the Ladies in the OT. So I made a mention.   http://clubadventist.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59810-when-i-hear-the-story-of-sodom/

it aint there!

That is why I brought it up.

Now what I will say to you,brotherly love, is very quietly and kindly and direct.

After all.. we are all at the Cross together.

I kindly discern.

It is only discernment if it was true. You think it is and keep harping on it but in the process you are ruining your own witness regarding the Fruit of the Spirit. And you may get ugly if you don't stop now.

Gregory Mathews stepped in cause it got ugly very very early on. ' Follow the Fruit' a wise man once said. Where will it lead? 

Now Where do you go from here, brotherly love?  I think you should make your own thread if you must carry on with this.

bonnie can attest as well as I, it's certainly way off topic. :)

JoeMoe don't have to answer to you either.

And you will have to be fine with that - if that happens

More Blessings!

Romeo and Juliet

​Let me step in here for a moment. Most Christians I have met that I have discussed this face to face well meaning and thoughtfully thoughtthat in Leviticus the prohibition was given their in regards to the Ladies in the OT. So I made a mention.   http://clubadventist.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59810-when-i-hear-the-story-of-sodom/

That is why I brought it up.

Now what I will say to you,brotherly love, is very quietly and kindly and direct.

After all.. we are all at the Cross together.

I discern.

It is only discernment if it was true. You think it is and keep harping on it but in the process you are ruining your own witness regarding the Fruit of the Spirit. And you may get ugly if you don't stop now.

Gregory Mathews stepped in cause it got ugly very very early on. ' Follow the Fruit' a wise man once said. Where will it lead? 

Now Where do you go from here, brotherly love?  I think you should make your own thread if you must carry on with this.

bonnie can attest as well as I, it's certainly way off topic. :)

JoeMoe don't have to answer to you either.

And you will have to be fine with that - if that happens

More Blessings!

​We have a small congregation of 100 members give or take. Fairly conservative and reasonably well represented by minority families. We certainly have had problems over the years,I have been a member since 1947. But I cannot think of one member that would shun you or condemn you for being a gay man. It just wouldn't happen. I can think of more than a few that would simply walk away from close interaction with you if your attitude towards them was this flippant and what almost appears to be mocking attitude towards those that didn't agree with you. I would more than likely be one of them. It would be nice if we all had unlimited patience but that is not reality. I certainly don't.

Perhaps a examination of your personal attitude might make for a happier experience with "those other  christians" .Those that you feel have treated you badly just for being gay over the years.

A lot of us over the years have been unfairly treated by some fellow church members.Some of us very badly. To what purpose should we hash and rehash that? 

Edited by bonnie

​We have a small congregation of 100 members give or take. Fairly conservative and reasonably well represented by minority families. We certainly have had problems over the years,I have been a member since 1947. But I cannot think of one member that would shun you or condemn you for being a gay man. It just wouldn't happen. I can think of more than a few that would simply walk away from close interaction with you if your attitude towards them was this flippant and what almost appears to be mocking attitude towards those that didn't agree with you. I would more than likely be one of them. It would be nice if we all had unlimited patience but that is not reality. I certainly don't.

Perhaps a examination of your personal attitude might make for a happier experience with "those other  christians" .Those that you feel have treated you badly just for being gay over the years.

A lot of us over the years have been unfairly treated by some fellow church members.Some of us very badly. To what purpose should we hash and rehash that? 

​bonnie, forgive me for coming across that way here. It is certainly not my attitude or thinking.

I have said before somewhere it is hard to extract my mind to type. This clearly not my gift. God tells me not to defend myself for good reason. I hope to defend topically better and leave out my poor wording/type regarding anyone say about me either directly or indirectly.

I really don't take their thoughts seriously about who I am. Cause we don't know each other.. And I tried to convey that in the past.

I did say 'kindly and quietly' in my response to help the voice in the head as my type being read by others.

Thank you for your heads up :) .

I will try harder

More reason to bless you more.

and one more thing bonnie-

you yourself look for ways to subtlety  dog me a few times. :poke::poke:since
I got here

​..as I if don't know!  :rollingsmile::rollingsmile:

Don't talk to me please.

still love your name..It 's a shame I wont see it.

God bless you again but I can't play your game

Edited by Tom Wetmore

Romeo and Juliet