ClubAdventist is back!

Supreme Court will hear Arguments: Gay Marriage= Sep. of Church N State

GayatfootofCross

• Moderators

O.K.   I will respond to one aspect of the post above:  As I understand it, the statement was made that it is an oxymoron to say that one can be a gay-Christian.

Let me ask a question:   I have a sister who    is an alcoholic.  Due to therapy and other things, to include prayer and God, she has not had a drink in more than 10 years.  But, she is an alcoholic.  Would you say that it would be an oxymoron to call her a Christian?  She may or may not be. But, based upon that one issue would you say that it is an oxymoron to call her a Christian.

In a previous time I my life, I worked extensively with HIV infected people.  The majority were adult male homosexuals.  However some were children, some were female and some were not homosexual.   Some were either members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church or stated that the SDA Church was their church of preference.

Of those HIV infected people, a few who acknowledged that they were homosexual were celibate.  Would you say that it would be an oxymoron to call a celibate homosexual a Christian?  What about a homosexual who had    failed in an attempt to be celibate?

If you would not call those people, it appears to me that you have equated being a Christian with the achievement of a certain standard of lifestyle.   Many would suggest that one is a Christian at the moment of making a commitment to follow Christ, rather than achieving a specific level of perfection.    Many would suggest that a victory over every sin is a gift of the Holy Spirit, rather than a personal achievement of victory.    

Brotherly Love, I do not know you.   However, I suspect that somewhere in your life you have some sin that you have not yet obtained victory over.  In fact, you may not at this time re cognize it as sin.  You may not be struggling with it.  If this is so, that is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit.  It is not my responsibility to point it out and to tell you that it would be an oxymoron to call you a Christian.  IT may be that you have not yet obtained victory over that sin because God has not yet given you victory.  Or, it may be that you have not yet obtained victory because you do not want such.  But, that is for God to determine.  Only God knows.  I do not.  The same would apply to you if you were to say that it is an oxymoron to call someone a Christian just because they are gay.

• Like 2

Gregory

I've been having a struggle with the presented views of percepts in what gives an 'active' gay man the right to label himself a genuine 'Christian'. The standard of being a proper genuine committed to the love of Jesus,and a commandment keeper, and an active disciple becoming as Jesus is, is way higher than delusional wishful thinking that non-standard coupling is approved of by God's law.

My older siblings as well as my parents were active alcoholics. Then they all reached a stage later in their lives of 'going on the wagon' by being abstinent. Up to their dying days they were alcoholics but 'dry' alcoholics. The same with homo's who have decided and succeeded to become abstinent in sex practice with others men/boys. They can be a Christian growing in the grace of God but an overcomer in homo sex practices by being abstinent. Maybe they will get labeled as a homo-christian. Who knows?

The label or status condition of a genuine 'Christian' has a way higher connotation for identity than the homo label identity.

It all comes down to a biblical definition of sin.  And the conviction that practicing known sin does indeed make any claim of being a Christian invalid at a certain point of hardness of heart.

It also comes to awareness of biblical testimony whether or not practicing what is an abomination of sin will nonetheless be overlooked by God by a person who calls himself a genuine Christian at Judgement day.

Excuse me for now taking time to impose the usual 5 "clobber them" anti-homo verses from your bible onto you.......

*The homosexual urges in the story of Lot in sodom and gomorrah shows God is totally against the practice.

*Leviticus 18:22 : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

*Leviticus 20:13 : "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

*Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet."

* 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 :  "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

*1 Timothy 1:9-10 : "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for men stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine."

• Moderators

I will soon be going to church and to teach a SS Class.  I may respond later to the above post.

Gregory

I've been having a struggle with the presented views of percepts in what gives an 'active' gay man the right to label himself a genuine 'Christian'. The standard of being a proper genuine committed to the love of Jesus,and a commandment keeper, and an active disciple becoming as Jesus is, is way higher than delusional wishful thinking that non-standard coupling is approved of by God's law.

My older siblings as well as my parents were active alcoholics. Then they all reached a stage later in their lives of 'going on the wagon' by being abstinent. Up to their dying days they were alcoholics but 'dry' alcoholics. The same with homo's who have decided and succeeded to become abstinent in sex practice with others men/boys. They can be a Christian growing in the grace of God but an overcomer in homo sex practices by being abstinent. Maybe they will get labeled as a homo-christian. Who knows?

The label or status condition of a genuine 'Christian' has a way higher connotation for identity than the homo label identity.

It all comes down to a biblical definition of sin.  And the conviction that practicing known sin does indeed make any claim of being a Christian invalid at a certain point of hardness of heart.

It also comes to awareness of biblical testimony whether or not practicing what is an abomination of sin will nonetheless be overlooked by God by a person who calls himself a genuine Christian at Judgement day.

Excuse me for now taking time to impose the usual 5 "clobber them" anti-homo verses from your bible onto you.......

*The homosexual urges in the story of Lot in sodom and gomorrah shows God is totally against the practice.

*Leviticus 18:22 : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

*Leviticus 20:13 : "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

*Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet."

* 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 :  "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

*1 Timothy 1:9-10 : "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for men stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine."

I think  scripture you posted is what some might consider antiquated and biased. Possibly further study will show it is wrong

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

O.K.   I will respond to one aspect of the post above:  As I understand it, the statement was made that it is an oxymoron to say that one can be a gay-Christian.

Let me ask a question:   I have a sister who    is an alcoholic.  Due to therapy and other things, to include prayer and God, she has not had a drink in more than 10 years.  But, she is an alcoholic.  Would you say that it would be an oxymoron to call her a Christian?  She may or may not be. But, based upon that one issue would you say that it is an oxymoron to call her a Christian.

In a previous time I my life, I worked extensively with HIV infected people.  The majority were adult male homosexuals.  However some were children, some were female and some were not homosexual.   Some were either members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church or stated that the SDA Church was their church of preference.

Of those HIV infected people, a few who acknowledged that they were homosexual were celibate.  Would you say that it would be an oxymoron to call a celibate homosexual a Christian?  What about a homosexual who had    failed in an attempt to be celibate?

If you would not call those people, it appears to me that you have equated being a Christian with the achievement of a certain standard of lifestyle.   Many would suggest that one is a Christian at the moment of making a commitment to follow Christ, rather than achieving a specific level of perfection.    Many would suggest that a victory over every sin is a gift of the Holy Spirit, rather than a personal achievement of victory.    

Brotherly Love, I do not know you.   However, I suspect that somewhere in your life you have some sin that you have not yet obtained victory over.  In fact, you may not at this time re cognize it as sin.  You may not be struggling with it.  If this is so, that is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit.  It is not my responsibility to point it out and to tell you that it would be an oxymoron to call you a Christian.  IT may be that you have not yet obtained victory over that sin because God has not yet given you victory.  Or, it may be that you have not yet obtained victory because you do not want such.  But, that is for God to determine.  Only God knows.  I do not.  The same would apply to you if you were to say that it is an oxymoron to call someone a Christian just because they are gay.

​My words in context would be a practicing proud homosexual, in the same manner of a christian who practices hate, and is proud of it. There is a huge difference of a person struggling with sin and relapses and gets up and tries again, and a pride associated with that sin.

A person who is not involved in homosexual acts would be following Jesus and a Christian. It would be no different than a person who is not involved with premarital or extra-marital sex. It is just that simple.

Even at that, the Bible gives a good example: King David took Bathsheba in adultery, it did not stop there, he organized for her husband to be killed. king David repented and was restored to God. His repentance was key. He did not

The main argument here is that all sin is equal. All sin is equal in comparison to the holiness of God-even the sin that we are born into. A good example of this is given in the Tanakh with being ceremonially unholy. When a woman had her period (and man's ceremonial unholiness also) she was unholy and was not permitted in the Holy Presence of God. The life that was in her resulted in death. This is an involuntary sin that is unacceptable to God that we are born into. Some say that this is about hygiene, but this reaches its illogical conclusion because advanced feminine hygiene did not fall from the sky upon the resurrection and ascension of our Lord. Jesus covered our inherit sin at the cross.

We cant achieve perfection, because we are outside of the holiness of God by just being born and the death that resides within is outside of the Holiness of God.

That being said, not all voluntary sin is viewed as equal in the bible.. The bible is very clear on this topic. The prophet Nathan did not have to come and convict David for gossiping-he came to convict the sin of adultery and manslaughter. There are different sins that carry more weight. Jesus even referred to more weightier parts of the Law, and the Bible repeats the theme of 'greater sins". Some sins are evidence that a person is opposition and in defiance to God. I suspect that the modern viewpoint of all sin being equal is rooted in the notion that we have to look as being non judgmental and tolerant. The bible itself does not follow this prompting.

Ceremonial unholiness was not evidence of a person being in opposition to God in the Old Testament church, BUT not taking the steps to become Holy, to enter into the presence of God would be evidence of being in opposition to God.

The issue here is normalizing gay behavior or identity. King David did not normalize or minimize adultery and murder with the argument that not committing adultery is not holiness. In the same regards I have read that what people do in their bedroom is not the issue. This is qualified by the statement that heterosexuality is not holiness in relation to being gay.

Is this truth?

In order to enter into holy matrimony a person has to have witnesses and make promises to God. I can become a doctor or a carpentor and I dont have to enter into a Holy Covenant in order to do so before God. Marriage is a holy vocation, and it is reserved for heterosexual relations.

If I have sin that I dont know about, then this is not voluntary sin. i can't be culpable for things I dont know are a sin. There are sins that are debatable. A person being drunk is not debateable, but partaking of a glass of wine is debatable in Orthodox Christianity. The Sabbath in the Law of Moses is not debatable, but what constitutes work is debatable. The Sabbath in the New Testament itself is not debatable, but what constitutes the sabbath is debatable in Christianity.

Homosexuality, adultery, murder, incest and others are not debatable. What we witness with the gay agenda is a minimizing of their sin. This is evidence of knowing that it is wrong. If a non SDA says that not keeping sabbath is not a big deal, and that sabbath keeping is not holy. This would be evidence of knowledge of guilt. We dont see this, what we see is an honest debate from the Bible.

My stance is not against gays, my stance is against a gay agenda. I do see evidence of this

Edited by brotherly love

I know it is  important to you to share those scriptures for me and to remind others what the Holy Bible says, GBU .My impression is there was nothing but love for me and concern and I love that! Amen!

Praise GOD that strangers want to minister to strangers on this Forum. I have been seeing that all along.

We may disagree on a few aspects of application and context  and misunderstanding but that deserves a thread of its own .. uhh  If I don't get eaten  alive and spit out by the good Christians here first.

Since you use the homo twice..maybe I should have signed on as HomoatfootofCROSS

maybe that would have gone over better? :):P:o :/

I love the word 'GAY'

it also means cheerful, gleeful glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe

maybe it would help strangers(don't know me and don't know them) that I meet online to think  of that instead of thinking what I may or may not doing 24/7 with my hundreds if not thousands of friends at any given moment

(it is all in their head..not my life)

a little less condemnation remarks world shine thru :) on my name I have chosen

Which is not really up for discussion by me ..Its my Name!

God bless you  more Yentyl!

Edited by GayatfootofCross

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Brotherly says:

"In being involved with this issue, the first thing that I can correctly identify is the rainbow cross. This is the symbol of the gay agenda to validate the gay lifestyle with the cross. It is about gay pride and the cross. It is an agenda."

Hmmm. I thought it was an attempt by LGBT believers to reconcile themselves to Christ; and break off the judgement and condemnation heaped upon them by the evil one and many of the "saints".  It doesn't matter whether or not they are accepted by man-made religion; what matters is whether or not they are accepted by Christ.  He died for my sins and theirs; and I see no reason why God should forgive my sins and give me the grace to overcome if he doesn't do the same for all people.  In condemning an LGBT lifestyle, we risk condemning ourselves.  Although some of our sins may be more socially acceptable (at least in religious circles), they are nonetheless sins; making us just as liable to condemnation as anyone else.  I don't buy the theory that Christian gays are celebrating their life style.  They are celebrating the fact that that - just like heterosexuals - they have access to a Savior who loves them.  If a congregation exists to exclude the LGBT community rather than nurture them in the love and grace of the Savior,  they shouldn't call themselves Christian.

GAY - please advise me if I am off base here.

​amen! amen! amen!

I take it further and i have already expressed that here if anyone cares to look at all my posts here and everywhere on this Club Adventists Forum!

Cause I caught a bigger picture of God in my journey.

Thank you JoeMo for expressing my understanding thru another's eyes.

There is room at the Cross for u and me!

Hence my name!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

I know it is  important to you to share those scriptures for me and to remind others what the Holy Bible says, GBU .My impression is there was nothing but love for me and concern and I love that! Amen!

Praise GOD that strangers want to minister to strangers on this Forum. I have been seeing that all along.

We may disagree on a few aspects of application and context  and misunderstanding but that deserves a thread of its own .. uhh  If I don't get eaten  alive and spit out by the good Christians here first.

​This is what concerns me Gay. I have seen churches almost split up when a person of the gay agenda comes into the church with an agenda-not repentance.

The stage is set up with the emphasis on love and compassion. This tugs at the heartstrings and hopes of the congregation as a whole towards the person. This is the beginning of the split because people will be handcuffed to represent bible truth without being seen or accused of unloving and intolerant.

Just in this post you have set this up. You claim "good Christians" will spit you out and eat you alive in regards to this misapplication, misunderstanding and context of the passages list by the poster you quoted.

This is usually because you will probably claim that it was not committed same sex relationships that was part of the sin of Sodom, but it was homosexual rape, and inhospitality that was the sin.

It then carries on that the verses against same sex acts are geared towards cultic homosexual acts, non committed same sex acts-not loving monogamous same sex relationships

If you could answer yes or no please

• Like 3

I would have to admit that one can go overboard on either side of the boat, as reflected by the desire of Lot to be hospitable to those wanting to draw the newcomers (angels by the way) to their lascivious party, by offering to give his daughters to placate their perversion.

1That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom.... Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. 2“My lords,” he said, “come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night....“Oh no,” they replied. “We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”

3But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. 4But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. 5They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!”6So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him.

7“Please, my brothers,” he begged, “don’t do such a wicked thing. 8Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”

Makes this instruction very applicable.

17You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen....2 Peter 3

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

​This is what concerns me Gay. I have seen churches almost split up when a person of the gay agenda comes into the church with an agenda-not repentance.

The stage is set up with the emphasis on love and compassion. This tugs at the heartstrings and hopes of the congregation as a whole towards the person. This is the beginning of the split because people will be handcuffed to represent bible truth without being seen or accused of unloving and intolerant.

Just in this post you have set this up. You claim "good Christians" will spit you out and eat you alive in regards to this misapplication, misunderstanding and context of the passages list by the poster you quoted.

This is usually because you will probably claim that it was not committed same sex relationships that was part of the sin of Sodom, but it was homosexual rape, and inhospitality that was the sin.

It then carries on that the verses against same sex acts are geared towards cultic homosexual acts, non committed same sex acts-not loving monogamous same sex relationships

If you could answer yes or no please

brotherly love,

GBU!

I see a 'yes or 'no' question

I imagine you there tapping your fingers waiting for an answer

Just my imagination.

Maybe you are on your cell at a traffic jam late for your own wedding!

Bigger things at hand!

what do you ,brotherly love, imagine of me?

No wedding I guess..at least not with a lady

Sorry, I am showing gaiety and I'm not winning over any friends in the attempt! It is fine.

Now unto the topic at hand.

Well to be truthful..the reason why i said that part about being eaten alive is because i have seen that and experienced it.

(My church did not split over it)

But God, in His Mercy, has shown me to forgive and that takes away the sting.

at least a little bit. :)

and calling them 'good christians' is something I must do.I cant judge them as bad Christians.. That's Gods job! and The fruit inspection has more to  do with ourselves that  lording over others. Another good thread we can start. :)

We might disagree there? I don't know.

and listen brotherly love ..we have not  exactly established an affirming, respected, appreciative, mutual loving in JESUS  relationship cause of our disagreement

(and the irony is ..God has bid us to have an affirming  respected appreciative mutual loving  in Jesus relationship ...even if we disagree .. WOW!) 

God help me ,I fall short.

I am not here to be given litmus tests by you, a much loved  fellow being.

It ain't gonna happen.

I will share what I share when I share.

Which is the prerogative of everyone here.

When you share what you have seen ..it makes my heart break for many reasons.

Two of them is..

1. God bids us not to force the conscience. Only the Holy Spirit can convict and it is His job and not ours.

(let us reason together.. that alone draws me closer to HIM ..what a GOD!)

so the church can't do that  or even try on either side of the issue

2. God calls us to love on each other.. which looks like many things ...and given what you  shared! In that love and respect and dignity afforded to everyone we should be able to sit in the pulpits together  side by side ...with non condemnation in all the eyes toward one another

again, on both sides of the issue! My goodness!

I see we both have been around the block a few times and came away with very different understandings on this.

I don't even know how old you are or if even an SDA or married or children or what kind of church you were raised in or what city state province or country

or what part of the the country. And you know nothing of mine... uhh .I did say I have a son somewhere here. :D

Okay you know one thing,for sure, about my life now!

But I digress..

We know alot about this topic and yet disagree,

Jesus talks of having the KEY OF KNOWLEDGE

i will put it up in parts in ORIGINAL POSTS FORUM.

uhhh .. I just caught a glimpse of it!

It will be the science and the song for eternity!

and it applies here :)

Romeo and Juliet

​brotherly love

You hit upon a vital thing.

It is cause of repentance That God gave me that I can be here sharing

It is God's goodness that leads us to repentance Rom2:4

and brotherly love..

GOD has been immensely good to me

Who may ascend to the Hill of the LORD?

and Who may stand in His Holy Place?

He that hath clean hands and a pure heart

..is what I want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and getting \o/

Romeo and Juliet

We know alot about this topic and yet disagree,

Jesus talks of having the KEY OF KNOWLEDGE

i will put it up in parts in ORIGINAL POSTS FORUM.

uhhh .. I just caught a glimpse of it!

It will be the science and the song for eternity!

and it applies here :)

​…8All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing. 9That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun. 10Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new "? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.…Ecclesiastes 1

Edited by LifeHiscost
  • Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

​…8All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing. 9That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun. 10Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new "? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.…

​amen!

BTW that don't fly at the Originals Thought Forum

I heard it said and disagreed with,

lol

But i know its true.

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

and getting \o/

​I am such a sinner..

btw

..as i've said before-

"We don't get a list of things when we become Christians.

We get a
Person!

JESUS."

but it wouldn't hurt to get a list of things!

like the quote above :)

Which happens when you get JESUS!

I need more!

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

​I am such a sinner.

v

v

Which happens when you get JESUS!

I need more!

​None of us are under any other different condition and need ,except those who are covered with the robe of Jesus' righteousness.. Some think they are.

"I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.…Revelation 3

However it isn't necessary to become discouraged or stay there.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. ... 1 John 1:9

14"You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.…John 15

After spending approximately 15 years of living highly religious and then finding it didn't draw me any closer to Jesus, in reading the Word I found this absolutely important key to the kingdom.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven ...Matthew 16:19

4"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me, you can do nothing. John 15

12"I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…John 16

It's more than a single decision, it's daily

God is Love!   Jesus saves! :D

Lift Jesus up!!

​None of us are under any other different condition and need ,except those who are covered with the robe of Jesus' righteousness.. Some think they are.

"I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.…Revelation 3

However it isn't necessary to become discouraged or stay there.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. ... 1 John 1:9

14"You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.…John 15

After spending approximately 15 years of living highly religious and then finding it didn't draw me any closer to Jesus, in reading the Word I found this absolutely important key to the kingdom.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven ...Matthew 16:19

4"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me, you can do nothing. John 15

12"I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…John 16

It's more than a single decision, it's daily

God is Love!   Jesus saves! :D

​Yes!

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

I just put up in ORIGINAL THOUGHTS a beauteous  facet of THE key of knowledge that Jesus spoke of.  It is called ' I am Judging your Worth '

And soon will be addressing the Story of Sodom (if I have the strength).. and it will be right from the Holy Bible. That in it self deserves its own thread and looking forward to peoples thoughts on this. Original or not. I  posted this in a christian websight  a year ago or so. I will try to flesh it more. I have learned alot more since. Ever growing!

:)

Romeo and Juliet

​brotherly love

You hit upon a vital thing.

It is cause of repentance That God gave me that I can be here sharing

It is God's goodness that leads us to repentance Rom2:4

and brotherly love..

GOD has been immensely good to me

and getting \o/

​I hope that you will be able to let go of everything and give it to God. In Mark 10 Jesus deals with the reality of not letting go of everything and to follow Him.

A rich young man converses with Jesus. He followed all the commandments from the time he was a boy, but Jesus exposed the fact that he was not willing to let everything go and follow Him. The rich man was not willing to let go of his wealth.

In a more modern spin of the message, the publisher of Penthouse magazine Larry Flynt tried to follow God while holding on to his secular publishing empire. He even tried to harmonize penthouse magazine and a Christian type sexuality/pornography. Sales tanked,his Empire was failing. He could not follow both worlds, and like the rich man in the book of Mark, had to walk away and embrace what he really cherished.

You need to let go and just serve God. You may like the attention of being gay at the cross, but you deflect the attention from Jesus and place it on yourself. I dont see much in the way of conversation, as you respond with cryptic and poetic language. I find I am giving you the attention you crave. i will pray for you!

​I hope that you will be able to let go of everything and give it to God. In Mark 10 Jesus deals with the reality of not letting go of everything and to follow Him.

A rich young man converses with Jesus. He followed all the commandments from the time he was a boy, but Jesus exposed the fact that he was not willing to let everything go and follow Him. The rich man was not willing to let go of his wealth.

In a more modern spin of the message, the publisher of Penthouse magazine Larry Flynt tried to follow God while holding on to his secular publishing empire. He even tried to harmonize penthouse magazine and a Christian type sexuality/pornography. Sales tanked,his Empire was failing. He could not follow both worlds, and like the rich man in the book of Mark, had to walk away and embrace what he really cherished.

You need to let go and just serve God. You may like the attention of being gay at the cross, but you deflect the attention from Jesus and place it on yourself. I dont see much in the way of conversation, as you respond with cryptic and poetic language. I find I am giving you the attention you crave. i will pray for you!

​amen we can pray for each other

(I've already started)

God Bless you brotherly love

and on a side note look on ORIGINAL THOUGHTS the topic is called

'I am judging your Worth'

I world love to hear you original thoughts

:)

I worked hard on it!

Romeo and Juliet

​Every response has been a deflection. It appears with what has been written that  some see God's prohibition against a homosexual lifestyle as  possibly antiquated and biased.. Those that disagree are of course the unloving christian. To disagree means that those living a homosexual lifestyle are somehow sub human.

You have to admit this is an approach that can be fairly effective. I don't think we are that far off from some of our clergy performing gay marriages and hiring an active homosexual as teacher or?

After all as the favorite fall back is spewed,"What about those other sins that are worse" there really doesn't seem to be a good reason to say no

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

​Every response has been a deflection. It appears with what has been written that  some see God's prohibition against a homosexual lifestyle as  possibly antiquated and biased.. Those that disagree are of course the unloving christian. To disagree means that those living a homosexual lifestyle are somehow sub human.

You have to admit this is an approach that can be fairly effective. I don't think we are that far off from some of our clergy performing gay marriages and hiring an active homosexual as teacher or?

After all as the favorite fall back is spewed,"What about those other sins that are worse" there really doesn't seem to be a good reason to say no

Two deflections you actually  see Bonnie.

1.I am stressing the more important matters (as I see it from my understanding from study of the Bible).. and I am trying to get across to every one on this matter. Not a deflection

2. Responding very kindly to someone misquoting and misrepresenting and personal attacks that go from how/why I write to my standing before God.

I am doing the best I can .

:).

talk about deflection! :P

Jesus had boundaries.

If you are so inclined to look up JESUS responses to people. It looks a lot like deflection when really He is going to the more important issues.

God Bless you Bonnie

I get warm thoughts when I see your name for two reasons

1. I have a cherished friend with that name, who is an ultra ultra conservative Christian in every way and her Facebook shows it.

And I know she is more than our disagreements cause I know her in person (face to face) since we were kids in out in the country.

2. Every time time I see your name I think of what your name means ..BEAUTIFUL!

As time goes on your name will mean perhaps another wonderful thing to me. We will see. :)

Romeo and Juliet

There is a big difference of the varying opinions of the state of the dead and the sabbath within Christianity, and the main and the plain teaching about same sex sexuality. If you love God, you will wan to follow His precepts and commandments.

IIs this reason enough? 20"The person who sins will die....Ezekial 18  However their is a caveat to that:

14"But when I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, 15if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die.…Ezekial 33

This is in answer to Bonnie three hours ago.

Edited by LifeHiscost

Lift Jesus up!!

There is a big difference of the varying opinions of the state of the dead and the sabbath within Christianity, and the main and the plain teaching about same sex sexuality. If you love God, you will wan to follow His precepts and commandments.
......................................................................................

LifeHiscost

Hello again,

yes in your eyes and in our denomination's eyes.

and much of main Christian denominations eyes.

there are other eyes besides our own that are looking deeper and as I have said before some will walk away with a different understanding.

..and  others will walk away seeing what most see.

"If you love God, you will wan to follow His precepts and commandments."

amen!

with all our hearts

Romeo and Juliet

btw ...There are other eyes in mainline Christianity,  that have been in the news for quite a few years now ,that have come to understand the scriptures differently and more may come.

We have a movement in Sunday Churches to rethink a lot of traditional understandings. Hell is getting a closer look by a lot of movements. Weighing the Character of God in light of a different revelation.

Rob Bell did that in the book 'LOVE WINS'  in taking a way hell of everlasting punishment comes up with Universalism. A few small Sunday Churches accepting the 7th Day Sabbath.

What im saying is that people are looking deeper in all kinds of things!

the Bible can bear the scrutiny.on all topics.

God works with sincere seekers

wherever they land.

Even some don't walk away they just keep studying.

It is ongoing for some personality types.

God Bless You LifeHiscost.

I love hearing what you have to say on this.

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

Two deflections you actually  see Bonnie.

1.I am stressing the more important matters (as I see it from my understanding from study of the Bible).. and I am trying to get across to every one on this matter. Not a deflection

2. Responding very kindly to someone misquoting and misrepresenting and personal attacks that go from how/why I write to my standing before God.

I am doing the best I can .

:).

talk about deflection! :P

Jesus had boundaries.

If you are so inclined to look up JESUS responses to people. It looks a lot like deflection when really He is going to the more important issues.

God Bless you Bonnie

I get warm thoughts when I see your name for two reasons

1. I have a cherished friend with that name, who is an ultra ultra conservative Christian in every way and her Facebook shows it.

And I know she is more than our disagreements cause I know her in person (face to face) since we were kids in out in the country.

2. Every time time I see your name I think of what your name means ..BEAUTIFUL!

As time goes on your name will mean perhaps another wonderful thing to me. We will see. :)

Edited by bonnie