ClubAdventist is back!

Notifications

joeb

I see no way to turn notifications off.  There are options for notifications every time someone responds to your posts, notifications once a day, or notifications once a week.  However, it seems the powers that be have said you will be notified whether you want to be or not as there is no option for turning notifications off completely.   I've tried, but cannot turn them off no matter what options I choose.   

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Members

If you don't "follow" any content, you can choose the "notification when new content is posted" option.  That's what I do, and I don't get any notifications.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-27_at_4.58.15_PM.thu

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I had to "unfollow" everyone I was following; cuz I couldn't deal with the volume of email.  No offence to those I "unfollowed".

I've never "followed" anyone. I'd never choose to do that in the first place so if I am it's an option I never looked at and is enabled by default, which seems to me to be a rather strange default.

I have the same options checked as rudywoofs does and I still get all kinds of notifications.

Alexis de Tocqueville

This is not a user to user technical issue.  This is an issue that only an administrator or someone with that level of access can address.  I've done everything I can to shut this stuff off and it still keeps on coming.  I double and triple checked my settings and explored everything I have access to before I posted my complaint and to get this moved to user to user support seems to me to be an attempt to slough off the issue. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Members

I've never "followed" anyone. I'd never choose to do that in the first place so if I am it's an option I never looked at and is enabled by default, which seems to me to be a rather strange default.

I have the same options checked as rudywoofs does and I still get all kinds of notifications.

​joeb, with the last system upgrade, it appears that many, if not everyone, automatically got a list of people who they supposedly follow (I wasn't following anyone) ...  I had to go in and un-check everyone so I didn't get all those notifications.  

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

​joeb, with the last system upgrade, it appears that many, if not everyone, automatically got a list of people who they supposedly follow (I wasn't following anyone) ...  I had to go in and un-check everyone so I didn't get all those notifications.  

​I've checked this and found nothing there.  Unless the list of people I've supposedly followed is hidden there is no list.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

Let me see if I can talk you through this.  First click on the Notification icon (bell) at upper right of very top of screen.  This of course list your current notifications.  upper right of that box click on the "Notification Settings".  Here is the part that jumped me for quite awhile.  The settings is divided into two sections each with its own "Save" button. That top section just has a few broad choices in 3 subsets. Decide which you want of those options and click "Save".  Here is the part I kept missing... Stay on that screen and scroll down for the specific options for notifications. There is a list of options and choices of how you want to be notified, or not.  If you do not want any notifications uncheck all of them.  Or if you only want the notification list when you log in to the site, uncheck the e-mail option.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

In my screen, I see this. Notice that under "Method to use for content I follow automatically", you cannot escape notification altogether. One of the three choices must be selected.

notifications.png

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism