ClubAdventist is back!

Equal Ordination - site with excellent resources

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

Take a look - http://equalordination.com 

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

From the site - 

“It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church.” (Pastoral Ministry, p. 36).

“It is the accompaniment of the Holy Spirit of God that prepares workers, both men and women, to become pastors to the flock of God.” (Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 6, p. 322).

“There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry.” (Manuscript 43a, 1898) 

“The refining, softening influence of Christian women is needed in the great work of preaching the truth.” (Review and Herald, Jan. 2, 1879).

“When God created Eve, He designed that she should possess neither inferiority nor superiority to the man, but that in all things she should be his equal.” (Testimonies, 3:484)

“When God specially calls your wife to the work of teaching the truth, … God may give you both, as possessing an equal interest in and devotion to the work, equal qualifications to act a prominent part in the most solemn work of saving souls.” (Testimonies for the Church, 1:710)

“Young men and young women who should be engaged in the ministry, in Bible work, and in the canvassing work should not be bound down to mechanical employment. … Some will be trained to enter the field as missionary nurses, some as canvassers, and some as gospel ministers.” (Testimonies for the Church, 8:229-230)

“Christ, not the minister, is the head of the church.” (The Signs of the Times, Jan. 27, 1890)

“If men and women would act as the Lord’s helping hand, … the glory of the Lord would be their rearguard… Of those who act as His helping hand the Lord says, ‘Ye shall be named priests of the Lord; men shall call you the ministers of our God.’” (Manuscript of Jan. 17, 1901)

“Make no mistake in neglecting to correct the error of giving ministers less [salary] than they should receive…. The tithe should go to those who labor in word and doctrine, be they men or women.” (M.R. 1:263)

““I [Sister White] ask not permission to take the desk [pulpit] in the tabernacle. I take it as my rightful position accorded me of God.” (Manuscript 30, June 1889)

“Study the Scriptures for further light on this point [women in ministry]. Women were among Christ’s devoted followers in the days of His ministry, and Paul makes mention of certain women who were helpers together with him in the gospel (see Phil. 4:2-3)” (Letter 142, 1909; Manuscript Releases, Vol. 12, pp. 166-167).

“We cannot then take a position that the unity of the church consists in viewing every text of Scripture in the very same light.” (Manuscript Releases, Vol. 11, p. 266). Rather, “The secret of unity is … equality of believers in Christ.” (1 Selected Messages 259)

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Psalm 68:11 – “The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng.”

See  and listen to the whole sermon - http://equalordination.com/mighty-throng/ 

Edited by Tom Wetmore

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Open Letter to African delegates:

http://equalordination.com/open-letter-to-african-delegates/  

• Tom Wetmore pinned and locked this topic