ClubAdventist is back!

A Story of an Intersex in our Church

GayatfootofCross

WHAT JESUS DID ON THE CROSS FOR ME IS THE TICKET TO FELLOWSHIP

LGBTIQQAA is one of our generation's opportunities."

​I heard a comment by pastor John Lomacang (sp) yesterday that told the story for me as it has transpired over the last 50 years, and I don't expect it to stop until this below happens. The pastor said, "Jesus accepts you where you are, but He doesn't leave you where you are." The term, Follow Me" comes to mind.

…51Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.…1 Corinthians 15

Knowing what I am like, this below means much to me.

8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us....1 Corinthians 1

The further I can get away from what I use to be, the more I feel Jesus is glorified. And that has its' reward while we are still in this world. As the apostle Paul stated__________

19"For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me....Galatians 2

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

• Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

"I heard a comment by pastor John Lomacang (sp) yesterday that told the story for me as it has transpired over the last 50 years, and I don't expect it to stop until this below happens. The pastor said, "Jesus accepts you where you are, but He doesn't leave you where you are." The term, Follow Me" comes to mind.

…51Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.…1 Corinthians 15

Knowing what I am like, this below means much to me.

8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us....1 Corinthians 1

The further I can get away from what I use to be, the more I feel Jesus is glorified. And that has its' reward while we are still in this world. As the apostle Paul stated__________

19"For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me....Galatians 2

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D" LifeHiscost

Amen! LifeHiscost!

Be mindful it doesn't always look the way we think it should.

Edited by GayatfootofCross

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Amen! LifeHiscost!

Be mindful it doesn't always look the way we think it should.

::like::

Keep looking up!

• Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

• 2 months later...

Guest, please register as a member to continue posting..

Stan can we move this to Gender Issues..

or Gail

there are others I would bring to attention in the future if not a problem.

Thank you.

I don't know any other way to do this and u are very busy and Sabbath is coming for some of us.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

• 4 weeks later...

I know it goes against some peoples theology ..but facts are facts

there is a candid video of the person talking on the website (link provided) that may make people uncomfortable ..so beware

...................................................................................................................................................

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-its-like-to-grow-up-intersex_560c1e1ee4b0dd85030a3717?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000050

Here's What It's Like To Grow Up Intersex

In an age of increased visibility for  lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) identity, one way of existing in the world that still seems to be shrouded in confusion for many people is intersexuality.

Essentially, being intersex means that the chromosomes a person is born with don't necessarily correspond with traditional understandings of a male/female binary. In other words, intersex people may be born with characteristics and/or chromosomes traditionally associated with both male and female individuals. 

According to the Intersex Society of North America, about one in every 1,500-2000 people are born intersex.

In the most recent episode of the PBS Digital Studios series "First Person," intersex activist Claudia Astorine discusses with host Kristin Russo what it was like for her to grow up intersex. She also talks about how doctors frequently perform surgeries on intersex babies in order to "normalize" their bodies as either male or female even though the children obviously cannot consent to the procedures. This, she told Russo, is a critical part of an ongoing LGBT movement.

"I think what the LGBT movement has been fighting for for a long time is to say regardless of my body, regardless of my identity, we should be respected and we should be treated like people and have rights that other people get to have," Astorine said. "[Intersex people] exist. We should be able to have the bodies that we're born with like everybody else without being altered. We didn't get to consent to that."

Hosted by Russo, "First Person" is a web show that focuses on gender identity, sexuality and queer community. Missed the previous episodes of "First Person"? Head here to check them out.

Romeo and Juliet

Anything that tries to explain why we should figure ways to make life easier for practicing sinful conduct, falls far short of helping individuals become what Christ wants them to become, and Who is willing to give them (us sinners) the inner resources to accomplish that fact in the here and now. If our chromosomes are mixed up, the God Who created us from the beginning  is perfectly able to recreate us in His own image.

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.....Luke 11

17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]......2 Corinthians 5

Lift Jesus up!!

Anything that tries to explain why we should figure ways to make life easier for practicing sinful conduct, falls far short of helping individuals become what Christ wants them to become, and Who is willing to give them (us sinners) the inner resources to accomplish that fact in the here and now. If our chromosomes are mixed up, the God Who created us from the beginning  is perfectly able to recreate us in His own image.

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.....Luke 11

17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]......2 Corinthians 5

I don't understand your comment in relation to Intersex People.

what  sin

HUH?

# " she's a SINNER!!!! " Luke 7:39

Romeo and Juliet

• 3 weeks later...

As God’s partners,[a] we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it. For God says,

“At just the right time, I heard you.
    On the day of salvation, I helped you.”[b]

Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

We live in such a way that no one will stumble because of us, and no one will find fault with our ministry. In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. We have been beaten, been put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food. We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us,[c] and by our sincere love. We faithfully preach the truth. God’s power is working in us. We use the weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense. We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us. We are honest, but they call us impostors. We are ignored, even though we are well known. We live close to death, but we are still alive. We have been beaten, but we have not been killed. 10 Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.

11 Oh, dear Corinthian friends! We have spoken honestly with you, and our hearts are open to you. 12 There is no lack of love on our part, but you have withheld your love from us. 13 I am asking you to respond as if you were my own children. Open your hearts to us!

14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil[d]? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:

“I will live in them
    and walk among them.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.[e]
17 Therefore, come out from among unbelievers,
    and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.
Don’t touch their filthy things,
    and I will welcome you.[f]
18 And I will be your Father,
    and you will be my sons and daughters,
    says the Lord Almighty.[g]......2 Corinthians 6

33 Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for “bad company corrupts good character.” 34 Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning. For to your shame I say that some of you don’t know God at all.

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless....,.1Corinthians 15

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.....John 2

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D  :happysabbath::offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D  :happysabbath::offtobed:

As much as I appreciate all your input.. I still Don't understand how this applies to the OP or any of my posts after. The Intersex person I had the honor of talking to is a Believer. And the subsequent post on the other Intersex is about a person who I don't know her faith in GOD or what. But apparently you think you do know.

So I guess by you doubling down of this notion not to hang around such people really says more about you and the heart regarding people of this struggle that Nature or GOD gifted to them.

I truly hope not.

I still don't know what to think about your posts given the OP's delicate nature.

Now to switch gears... about JESUS CHRIST!

(WHO I'd rather talk about ..given this OP's delicate nature)

The religious people of HIS day... walked around quoting scriptures and even wore Bible verses on their clothes. I think they thought they were channeling Real Holy Hotness.

And made it a priority to Mock and Belittle and Insult The KING of KINGS and The LORD of LORDS on the very fact that He hung around the sinners,unclean,society's/church's marginalized.

Do you know why.. LifeHiscost? Jesus couldn't keep them away even if He tried cause They were stuck on HIM as glue. They couldn't  resist someone who quoted Bible Verses and at the same time ... loved on them with non condemning eyes.  That is what a walk with JESUS looks like. Not looking for something is wrong or not quite right about another in order to stay away from. But to affirm GOD's love to them by actions and interactions and in Relationship.

We serve a Great Relational GOD!

Reflect That!

:)

Blessings of the Highest Honour! LifeHiscost!

Romeo and Juliet

I was about 6 or 7 when I heard my grandmother fussing about treatment that the organist had been receiving because 'everyone' was certain she was wearing lipstick. I had determined at that early age that one should not base judgment on what others said or we think we see until .... 

The church that I helped to raise up has a lot of visitors. Today planted directly in my view was an older woman wearing some solid but colorful earrings. Would it have drawn her closer to God by insisting that she remove them? What if it was a young woman with a very short dress?  I just don't worry about it.  

I wish I had the opportunity to meet the woman involved in the story. Yes, it is a habit of mine to seek out people having a difficult time and making friends with them. Mostly from childhood experiences, I learned that some people are in more need of friendship than others.

• Like 1

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

The everlasting covenant is displayed differently by individuals, IMO, in the old testament than in the new, and was allowed by God to develop in the old, that we, after the coming of Jesus in the flesh, might see how miserably man lived when ignoring God's explicit directions in the past, then Jesus lived the life He asks us to live, depending on His indwelling Spirit to accomplish what they collectively had failed to accomplish in previous generations, the caveat being that man collectively doesn't seem to be doing any better, although I can see God fulfilling one of His promises in these end times exceptionally well.

There is no principle of the Word that is found distasteful to the person who wishes the righteousness of Christ to reign supreme in their life, no matter where that Word connects.

16but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: 17'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS; 18EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT.....Acts 2 Emphasis theirs' LHC

7Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith. 8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 9Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace......Hebrews 13

As the apostle Paul was wont to say:

we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies. 2If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; 3but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him.…1 Corinthians 8

These Words below popped up on my screen as I was writing this out and I thought maybe it would contain enough promise for anyone to pick and choose and not be far off from the understood will of God.

Genesis 22:18 All the nations of the earth will be blessed
Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth;
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?
Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
Psalm 37:4 And he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help
Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
Psalm 119:9 How can a young man stay pure? By obeying your word.
Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hid in my heart, that I might not sin
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalm 147:3 He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding
Proverbs 3:6 in all your ways acknowledge him; he will make your paths straight
Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is flawless
Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season; a time to every purpose
Isaiah 9:6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.
Isaiah 53:4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows;
Isaiah 53:5 And by his stripes we are healed
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper
Isaiah 55:8 My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you
Jeremiah 32:27 I am the the God of all. Is anything too hard for me?
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble;
Matthew 4:19 "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men
Matthew 6:9 Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness,
Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find
Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Matthew 22:37 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul
Matthew 25:40 Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine
Matthew 28:19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure,
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,
John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free
John 11:25 I am the resurrection and the life
John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you have love
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you
John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life.
John 15:13 There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for a friend
Acts 1:8 You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else
Acts 17:11 The Bereans were more noble than the Thessalonians
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:8 While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life
Romans 8:28 In all things God works for the good of those who love him
Romans 8:37 We are more than conquerors through him who loved us
Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe
Romans 10:17 Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
1 Corinthians 3:16 You yourselves are God's temple and God's Spirit lives in you
1 Corinthians 6:19 your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man
1 Corinthians 10:31 Do it all to the glory of God
1 Corinthians 13:13 But the greatest of these is love
2 Corinthians 4:18 We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen
2 Corinthians 5:17 if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation
2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us
2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith;
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all
Ephesians 6:12 Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers
Philippians 3:13 Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for,
Hebrews 12:2 Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
James 1:22 But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only,
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just
1 John 3:18 Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God;
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending,
Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.

God is Love!  Jesus saves! :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Hi LifeHiscost! great seeing you here again of all places. Don't you mind that people might talk.

Lotta great stuff there! I read Psalms 119 in different versions for a time for days (still do .even in the past week) as part of seeking His will. Penetrating! Still one of my faves..never tire of His work on my heart in that long long chapter. BIBLE GATEWAY is my goto if and when i study on the WEB.

And John and Luke being number one in looking at JESUS walk and talk.

Still don't understand the avoidance of the topic at hand.

You are posting on a thread relating to the 'I' in the LGBTIQQAA

You do know where u are at. :)

the gay.gender part of the SDA FORUM where dragqueens and gogo boys meet for tea and crumpets

looking for JESUS in the flesh!

:P

You can say anything you want here.

Me ... I will continue to share JESUS in relation to the Wellness and Affirm the Wholeness of Gods Great love for the LGBTIQQAA people who are already fearfully and wonderfully made in HIS IMAGE.

# where is that bathtub filled with holy water?

Romeo and Juliet

~ I'd Rather See A Sermon ~
By: Edgar A. Guest

I'd rather see a sermon
than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me
than merely tell the way.
The eye's a better pupil
and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example's always clear;
And the best of all preachers
are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
is what everybody needs.
I soon can learn to do it
if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver
may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons
by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you
and the high advice you give,
But there's no misunderstanding
how you act and how you live.

o to be a Wordsmith!

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

• 2 months later...

The opening post on this thread is inappropriate, and at least borderline obscene, even if you are using these descriptions to make or prove a point.  It's a good thing this subforum isn't public, since the descriptions here are definitely not appropriate for young minds that might discover this site, but really, should Christian men be reading about a young woman's naked body and her private parts? It really isn't appropriate for Christian men, either, to be getting such images in their heads as you have described. What about all the perverts that could potentially find this? What about the young and/or immature members of this site, if we have any? Especially taking those things into consideration, would Jesus make a post like this if He was a member of our community? He should be, and wants to be, living in each and every one of us, so He should be a member. Do you really think He would do this to prove His point? 

Wouldn't our Lord be more likely to tell a parable or speak a clear, plain truth without settling such a temptation and a stumbling block for others?

And also, was this young woman's response appropriate or Christ-like? Often when we have a view or a cause, we can easily point out the sins and un-Christlikeness in others, without seeing the beam in our own eye...so here I go:

Can you picture Christ shouting at someone to "Shut up" and mind their own business so rudely, especially when they are trying to do what they believe is God's will. It seems to me He spent more time trying to teach people the truth and to correct the errors in a loving way. He was always motivated by love, and not selfishness. Was this young woman motivated by love towards her enemies as Christ loved His? Can you picture Christ doing as this young woman did to prove that she was a woman, or had female parts, to prove that He is a male, having male parts? I don't dare take the suggestion any further, but is that how you believe Christ would have responded to the treatment He had to endure and the false accusations, and the judgements? 

And is your response to this post going to be full of love and Christ-like? 

17 minutes ago, Jessie-Jess said:

The opening post on this thread is inappropriate, and at least borderline obscene, even if you are using these descriptions to make or prove a point.  It's a good thing this subforum isn't public, since the descriptions here are definitely not appropriate for young minds that might discover this site, but really, should Christian men be reading about a young woman's naked body and her private parts? It really isn't appropriate for Christian men, either, to be getting such images in their heads as you have described. What about all the perverts that could potentially find this? What about the young and/or immature members of this site, if we have any? Especially taking those things into consideration, would Jesus make a post like this if He was a member of our community? He should be, and wants to be, living in each and every one of us, so He should be a member. Do you really think He would do this to prove His point? 

Wouldn't our Lord be more likely to tell a parable or speak a clear, plain truth without settling such a temptation and a stumbling block for others?

And also, was this young woman's response appropriate or Christ-like? Often when we have a view or a cause, we can easily point out the sins and un-Christlikeness in others, without seeing the beam in our own eye...so here I go:

Can you picture Christ shouting at someone to "Shut up" and mind their own business so rudely, especially when they are trying to do what they believe is God's will. It seems to me He spent more time trying to teach people the truth and to correct the errors in a loving way. He was always motivated by love, and not selfishness. Was this young woman motivated by love towards her enemies as Christ loved His? Can you picture Christ doing as this young woman did to prove that she was a woman, or had female parts, to prove that He is a male, having male parts? I don't dare take the suggestion any further, but is that how you believe Christ would have responded to the treatment He had to endure and the false accusations, and the judgements? 

Jessie-Jess, Hello!

I do not know if she was a Christian at that tender painful vulnerable age ..or even really knew Jesus love for herself much less the enemies of her being.

I was sharing this story in Clarity as I dare on this forum. I left out the over PG 17 stuff on purpose.

Much like 3ABN's "Celebrate in Recovery" with Cherie Peters dares when it comes to personal testimonies of being Beautiful Fallible Humans.

(it is a wonderful honest show i recommend cause of it's candor with JESUS as the Center)

I am sorry it offended you so much.

I hope you will pray for her. She did not meet JESUS in the Christians around her treating her like they did.

( i also left out a lot of bad things they did also to her cause of her 'difference' which she did not choose )

A very young Intersex trying to survive on her very young wits in an old old male dominated  world.

Since no one listened to her.

May the Joy of the Lord be your Strength, Jessie-Jess

#She is a lovely masculine woman and I am honoured to have met her.

She is fearfully and wonderfully made I hope she embraces if she has'nt of yet. :)

44 minutes ago, Jessie-Jess said:

Why would I not?

God has been so good to me!

and..

You bring up very good points!

Romeo and Juliet

It's a good thing this subforum isn't public, since the descriptions here are definitely not appropriate for young minds that might discover this site, but really, should Christian men be reading about a young woman's naked body and her private parts?

Ah, have you read the Song of Solomon.....it is in the Bible.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jessie-Jess:  I can accept the fact that you are offended by the opening post.  But, if you are offended, you probably should not be reading this thread.

Borderline obscene:  I will not argue the reality of what apparently  rests in your mind.  But, that  mind is yours.  I will suggest that few adults living in our society today, who are in touch with the real world would agree with you.

Inappropriate:  This is probably the subject level of a High School biology class. 

Sexuality issues are a big issue today.   People in touch with the time want to know.  Recently I attended a Sabbath afternoon meeting  in  large SDA Church.  A physician spoke and he said much more than has been said here.  He presented information regarding the genetic make-up of people that was new to me.  Did you know that a single person could have some organs in their body that have the typical female--double X chromosome--make up while other organs in their body have the typical male--XY Chromosome--make up.  IOW, a single person may have heart cells that show a female makeup and a brain that shows male makeup.  Yes, this is true.  This type of person results when a male and a female, fertilized egg fuses together into one person, rather than developing into two fraternal twins.

By the way, the audience had people in attendance who were younger than 18 years of age.

By the way, Iearned stuff that I had not previously known from that meeting.

Erotic, nothing in the OP was erotic. 

I will say:  The Gospel deals with life as we experience it in our humanity.  The gospel must speak to people today in the terms of what society is about today.  Such discussions and posts are reality and a valid part of the Christian life.

Edited by Gregory Matthews
  • Like 2

Gregory

• Members

what caught my attention was that the young lady grew up in Austria... the only SDA school in Austria for middle school and high school age students would be Seminar Schloss Bogenhofen.  I went to school there over 40 years ago.

What I noticed about Austrian SDAs vs United States SDAs was that religion was much more important to the Austrians.  What I mean is that they were very reverent about spiritual matters, adults and youngsters alike, and were very cognizant of EGW teachings.  One had to "toe the line" at the school, or get called in to the headmaster's presence and get chewed out.  (Yes, I got called in once for skipping chapel..  The headmaster scared the bejabbers out of me.)

I can't quite see the school making an issue out of someone's appearance (male vs female), though.  Kinda odd.  It would be interesting to get more of the story...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I have discovered from my own experience and  way too many LGBTIQQAAP EXPERIENCES ..it is about others comfort.

Oh i know they pullout the globber verses and scream SIN..but its about fear and discomfort and ignorance deep inside

Pam, I don't know how your church is.. but you can be sure in a conservative environment.

...  For teeming numbers ..Seeing a young man in a dress in your church school is very uncomfortable...

Esp. when ignorant of the precious rare circumstance .

How cool you know the School.

I don't think our paths will cross again.

So many more questions I wish I had asked.

But it was a friendly candid chance encounter with two non normatives who understood each other like no one else at that moment.

not an interview.

In American SDA Schools/Church it is hell today to be LGBTIQQAAPP

Have no idea in Europe in the 90's

or 40 years ago
egads!

# all are fearfully and wonderfully made..when both sides see that..both sides will be more comfortable with themselves and others :)

Romeo and Juliet

53 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

what caught my attention was that the young lady grew up in Austria... the only SDA school in Austria for middle school and high school age students would be Seminar Schloss Bogenhofen.  I went to school there over 40 years ago.

What I noticed about Austrian SDAs vs United States SDAs was that religion was much more important to the Austrians.  What I mean is that they were very reverent about spiritual matters, adults and youngsters alike, and were very cognizant of EGW teachings.  One had to "toe the line" at the school, or get called in to the headmaster's presence and get chewed out.  (Yes, I got called in once for skipping chapel..  The headmaster scared the bejabbers out of me.)

I can't quite see the school making an issue out of someone's appearance (male vs female), though.  Kinda odd.  It would be interesting to get more of the story...

Again Hi Pam

So given your own description ..I would be surprised if suspected they did'nt make it an issue.

it's about 40 years ago  I was in 8th grade in an SDA School in An Adventist Ghetto.

And I was called FAG everyday in school.

I kid you not.

Imagine if i wore my sundress to school.

Romeo and Juliet

46 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Nothing like a little "jiggling" to get some people all excited. The Church involved here could have handled the matter a whole lot better than they apparently did.

They were out of their comfort zone.

I believe it was panic.

And pressure to conform is the first resort in a wound tight structure.

very unlike Jesus

What would our Church look like if...

569978519449a_spiritualawakenings.thumb.

Romeo and Juliet

9 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Well; there is nothing "wrong" with the comfort zone thing either. In most cases that I have experienced more personally, and perhaps this one too, it can and should be more respected on both sides of whatever the issue is in a given situation. This issue as reported in the OP could easily be made into a "win win" situation, rather than one "winner" and one "loser."  For eg, if you look carefully at this issue, the same pressure to "conform" is being exerted by both sides. My point is that there should not really be "sides," it should just be "One" as Jesus noted in John chapter 17.

Amen!

To love each other as God loves HIS SON!

AMEN!

Well.. im still waiting for the Church to understand there is no us and them. As well as some QUEERS!

We are all in this Together.

And I am ready for the Church to see LGBTIQQAAP Community as their Spiritual equals.

just as lovely

oooo

#SUPERNATURAL LOVE!

heterosexuals are not closer to GOD

homosexuals are not farther from GOD

And this is the real and eternal life:
That they know you,
The one and only true God,
And Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

Romeo and Juliet

On 6/6/2015 at 9:03 AM, GayatfootofCross said:
On 6/6/2015 at 8:00 AM, Gerry Cabalo said:

We all have to recognize that the church is made up of fallen, broken down people just like this intersex individual you have given as example.

yes yes Gerry Cabalo

You are so right!

Now .. hmmm.. how can we convince the Church of that?.

Maybe it would be clearer by allowing one of our Lord's primary spokespersons, as he was moved by the Spirit, make it plain for us.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.....1Corinthians 6

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly....Genesis 19

A short time later Lot, his wife and their children were on the way out of Sodom. Then even Lot's wife lost her eternal inheritance. And we should hold our peace from those who believe themselves safe and secure from inherited or cultivated tendencies to diminish the glory of God?

Granted we're saved by grace through the blood of Jesus, nevertheless;

17 That is why the Lord has said, “Leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you ...2 Corinthians 6

13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;...Romans 2

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.....James 1

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin’s dominion) through His [resurrection] life....Romans 5

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• 4 months later...

22 minutes of your time by a guy you may have heard of

Romeo and Juliet

• Stan locked this topic