ClubAdventist is back!

Are Mental Health issues a form of Possession????

Femster

On 12/25/2015 at 5:22 PM, BigMark said:

Not even close. When did Jesus ever send someone to a doctor? NEVER! Pharmacai (pharmacy/pharmaceuticals) comes from the word witchcraft. More and more I see SDAs worshipping doctors. Very sad. 

Requiring medical assistance is not worshipping Dr's.Without them my husband would have passed away several years ago. Femster mentioned Restless leg syndrome. For those that dont have that it is easy to dismiss. It runs in my family and untreated it destroys your life. You are so sleep deprived you are not safe to eve. drive. Some are fotunate to have only a mild case. For those of us that have the severe form medical help is vital

• Like 2

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members
On 12/25/2015 at 3:22 PM, BigMark said:

Not even close. When did Jesus ever send someone to a doctor? NEVER! Pharmacai (pharmacy/pharmaceuticals) comes from the word witchcraft. More and more I see SDAs worshipping doctors. Very sad. 

funny that Luke, a physician, is held in high regard in the scriptures

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Yes, Luke was a physician.

In the time of Christ, the priests acted as physicians, to some extent.  They declared people to be either clean or unclean.  Yes, we have Biblical examples of Christ sending people to them.

Gregory

• Moderators

Pharmacai (pharmacy/pharmaceuticals) comes from the word witchcraft.

So what?

The word "Mark," when applied to a person has a background in Latin as denoting one as being a worshiper of Mars.

The word "Orman," when applied to a person has in the English language a background as denoting a spearman.  This history relates to one who accompanied Strongbow, a real persons in battle.  However, in the Irish language it denoted a wine steward.

• Like 2

Gregory

• Administrators
On December 25, 2015 at 6:22 PM, BigMark said:

Really, none of this makes any sense.  Why would Jesus, the great Physician, send someone to a doctor? Saying he never did so means quite literally, nothing.  And what is perhaps even more sad is glibly accusing SDAs, or anyone, of worshipping doctors.  Especially in light of the apparent, albeit superficial,  attempt at considering the meaning of words.  Look up the word "worship" in the dictionary.  I think perhaps another word to also look up is  exaggeration... 

• Like 3

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators
On December 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM, BigMark said:

Hmm, the way I understand it, what has been translated witchcraft in the KJV does indeed come from the Greek for pharmaceuticals. The God's Word Translation renders it, "drug use," or something to that effect. It may have been connected with witchcraft in the time of the KJV because witches were known to have a knowledge of herbs and how to mix them.

But there are also certain herbs (Jesus used mud once) that are healing. Drugs come from plants, don't they? There are healing drugs and ones that rob life from people.

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

First of all, I apologize if I offend anyone. That is not my intent. 

1. Gregory Matthews: nice dissection of my name, except my last name was shortened by my parents when I was about 6. It originally was Ormanian. BTW, how did you find out my last name? 

2. Gail: drugs are made from herbs, but since they're processed, all the buffers that God put in are removed making them deadly. Drugs do not cure disease, they only change the form of it. The disease still lives in the body until it's properly destroyed by proper diet, hydration, eliminating electromagnetic chaos and proper handling of stress. 

3. Tom Wetmore: many feel that they are guided by Jesus to see a doctor and get "cured". If He didn't send anyone to a doctor then, why would He now? Also, God promises to heal all diseases (Ps. 103:3) yet those with "genetically pre-disposed"diseases can't be cured because the doctor said it can't be done. I've seen and helped people get well from stage 4 cancer, AIDS, and a lot of other maladies. Dr. Schulze cured himself from a genetically defective heart valve using herbs. SDAs don't believe God's word when the doctor contradicts it. Most don't believe that He will heal all diseases this side of heaven. 

4. Bonnie: Sorry for the loss of your husband. My questions are: did he eat a plant based whole foods died? Did he avoid sugar? Did he avoid dairy? Did he do rigorous exercise 3-6 times a week? Did he drink .75 to 1 gallon of distilled water per day? Did he expose his skin to the sun on a regular basis? Was stress given to God and disposed of? Did he ever do a Dr. Schulze cleanse? How many of these questions did you answer "yes" to?

Folks, I believe that God will heal all diseases if we believe. Most of us don't. If you do, then there's work to be done. A person gets sick because of their lifestyle. God puts that person in the valley to reflect. Most want a quick fix so they can go back to their sugar and dairy addictions. "Heal me now Lord so I can eat a veggie hot dog and have some lasagna with extra cheese." It doesn't work that way. I follow the advices of Dr. Lorraine Day, Dr. Richard Schulze, and Dr. John Mcdougall. I don't make this stuff up to tick people off. 

Wishing everyone a healthy 2016.

• Members

A person gets sick because of their lifestyle.

In your opinion.

While it's true in some situations, it's not true for many people.  Cell mutations and other health issues can happen to anyone....even to adherents of Drs Day (who is listed on QuackWatch), Schultze (not a medical physician), and McDougall (who advocates consuming very large amounts of carbohydrates each day)...

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

How did I find your name:  We all leave a trail in the Internet.  I just followed the trail.   As I respect privacy, I did not identify that it was your name.

If I had wanted, I possibly could have discovered your home address and more.  But, I was not interested.

• Like 3

Gregory

• Moderators

Obviously as a practising physician I come  with a rather different attitude from at least one other posting here.

My basic attitude is that God gave us brains ..so we need to consider and evaluate our best individual paths.

I happen to believe one way that knowledge has been increased in these 'last days' is in health and medicine in general.   Healthy lifestyle is important, but that will not save someone bleeding heavily after major trauma.   I can think of various scenarios in my own profession of OBGYN that require more than just comments about how one should be living.

Having said that, I have found a basic lack of knowledge of healthy living out there and spend quite a lot of my consulting time with some patients giving advice which I did not learn in medical school, but was rather part of the way my parents taught me to live.

I believe there is a place for medication and for medical procedures,  but try to be discerning in the way I apply those beliefs.   And in the context of mental health, I would have the same approach.

Folks, I believe that God will heal all diseases if we believe. Most of us don't. If you do, then there's work to be done. A person gets sick because of their lifestyle. God puts that person in the valley to reflect.

According to the above statement, ain't going to be many people leaving this earth for heaven. One must believe in God for salvation, so if one doesn't believe they will be healed by God, they are in fact an unbeliever. A person gets sick for many reasons, not just because of lifestyle. When the flu season is around, I reckon one must be living the wrong lifestyle if they catch it from someone else. So those, who don't catch it, must be living the right one. Much convoluted and uninformed thinking going on here. 'God puts that person......' so God is doesn't want the best for his children, He purposely hurts them to bring about change! Talk about your Gods of paganism and mythology, all in the same category!

Not the type of belief system I would embrace!!

So Mark,

Are you saying that the only reason people die from disease is because they don't have enough faith?  What about age-related disease?  Do you believe that if we had "faith", we could live forever.  In another lifetime, someone was preaching that theory to me.  I slapped him; and his lip started bleeding.  He said "OOOWWW!!! That HURT!!" I responded "where's your faith?" 

2 hours ago, CoAspen said:

According to the above statement, ain't going to be many people leaving this earth for heaven.

Bingo!

At least not from the generation living when Jesus comes the second time

26"When the Son of Man comes again, the situation will be like the time of Noah.....Luke 17

20Which sometime were disobedient when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.....1 Peter 3

On the other hand, there have been greater generations, at least it appears so from this.

11And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and death and the graveb gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. 14Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.....Revelation  20 

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

It is a bit of a cruel trap to suggest that lack of faith or belief prevents healing.  I have been there, blaming myself that my weak faith blocked God from healing someone very dear to me.  They died despite my earnest prayers and the prayers of numerous others, far more saintly than me. How much faith and belief does it take? Jesus said faith the size of a mustard seed could move mountains.  How about healing? How much faith must one muster to at least get to the size of a mustard seed.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

The absence of death and disease is only promised in eternity.  It is a part of our human condition and nothing medical science can do will ever eliminate death and disease.  As a clinician in a hospital will attest that when the body commits to dying, nothing we could do could prevent death.  We could potentially prolong life for a time, but not for long when the body was committed to death.

We could pump a person's heart for them, for a time, but  that would not prevent death.

I could go on with more examples.

Gregory