ClubAdventist is back!

What U.S. Same-Sex Ruling Means for Adventists

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Here's a video someone posted on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/AskDrBrown/videos/1188501104508823/

ps:if this shouldn't be posted here, please move.

Edited by phkrause
  • Like 3

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

As a church, I think we want to be very hesitant to be drawn into a political debate.  The first right in the First Amendment is that of religious liberty.  The Constitution doesn't even mention anything about a right to be gay, gay marriage, abortion, etc.  These rights have been added by judges, not through amendments.  Yet I think it an error to get into this debate at the water cooler or in the copy room.  It is best for us to be above it all.

Today at work we had an undocumented worker offering money to anyone willing to marry him and clarifying no gay sex would be required.  This is a topic we are going to come across over and over in the next few years.  I doubt it will fall out of the news.  Yet our job as Adventists is to spread the gospel hope of Christ's soon return.  Getting overly involved in political debate can hinder us in that regard.

• Like 2

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

On our radio stations (Loud Cry Radio, Native Christian Radio, SDAradio.org and Natural Way Radio, we air a series by Coming Out Ministries.  They are a coalition of Adventists who have left the alternative sexual lifestyle when they gave their hearts to Christ.  One of them is a former SDA minister.  They use the phrase Coming Out to signify the coming out and away from sin which they all agree was their former lifestyle.  Interestingly each one of them say they were not born into the gay lifestyle but willingly chose it, and likewise chose to walk away from it when reconverted to Jesus.

logo Coming Out.jpg

bluedove.jpg

Natural Way 2.jpg

SDA logo_4.jpg

Native Christian Radio.jpg

• Like 2

In early '60's, I was dating a girl.  I went with her a long time but was not even able to get to the first base.  Finally, I concluded she was a lesbian, which was confirmed later after I left the area.  I gave her a book written by a M.D. which described that the homosexuality is not genetic and can be treated and cured.

If I tell this story now that this can be treated , I will be mobbed by all those gays.

• Members

You are telling it now, are you being mobbed??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I appreciated the article and can see how this could affect our hospitals down the road if they hire non Adventists as they currently do so they could lose tax exempt status if they refuse to hire gays.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

• Moderators

Are you suggesting that they refuse to hire homosexuals today?  Are you suggesting that our hospitals do not have homosexuals working for them now?

What rational reason would one of our hospitals have for not hiring a qualified homosexual?

Gregory

• Members

I appreciated the article and can see how this could affect our hospitals down the road if they hire non Adventists as they currently do so they could lose tax exempt status if they refuse to hire gays.

I see no reason why homosexuals should not be hired, if they are qualified at the position that they are hired for!! I can understand if they are required to hired someone, anyone that is not qualified at that position.

• Like 1

phkrause

I see no reason why homosexuals should not be hired, if they are qualified at the position that they are hired for!! I can understand if they are required to hired someone, anyone that is not qualified at that position.

I see the problem as being conflicting with our mission. If we are seeking to lead people to a salvation relationship with the Lord and this is the purpose of our hospitals, and if we employ people who are living a lifestyle that conflicts with the Biblical one and with Judeo Christian religion which is based on it to the point where the Bible says clearly that people cannot practice this lifestyle and go to Heaven, they cannot function in the primary role of our mission statement. They cannot lead people to a salvational relationship with the Lord because they do not have one themselves. This is different than employing a Baptist or Methodist who sees this issue similarly to us and seeks to follow a Biblical lifestyle as they understand it.

Are you suggesting that they refuse to hire homosexuals today?  Are you suggesting that our hospitals do not have homosexuals working for them now?

What rational reason would one of our hospitals have for not hiring a qualified homosexual?

Please see the above post. I am not acquainted with all Adventist hospitals, but I am acquainted with some which seek first to hire Adventists, and if they cannot, those with lifestyles that are Christian, but they may make exceptions in some cases.

• Like 2

As a church, I think we want to be very hesitant to be drawn into a political debate.  The first right in the First Amendment is that of religious liberty.  The Constitution doesn't even mention anything about a right to be gay, gay marriage, abortion, etc.  These rights have been added by judges, not through amendments.  Yet I think it an error to get into this debate at the water cooler or in the copy room.  It is best for us to be above it all.

Today at work we had an undocumented worker offering money to anyone willing to marry him and clarifying no gay sex would be required.  This is a topic we are going to come across over and over in the next few years.  I doubt it will fall out of the news.  Yet our job as Adventists is to spread the gospel hope of Christ's soon return.  Getting overly involved in political debate can hinder us in that regard.

::like::

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• 2 weeks later...

I see the problem as being conflicting with our mission. If we are seeking to lead people to a salvation relationship with the Lord and this is the purpose of our hospitals, and if we employ people who are living a lifestyle that conflicts with the Biblical one and with Judeo Christian religion which is based on it to the point where the Bible says clearly that people cannot practice this lifestyle and go to Heaven, they cannot function in the primary role of our mission statement. They cannot lead people to a salvational relationship with the Lord because they do not have one themselves. This is different than employing a Baptist or Methodist who sees this issue similarly to us and seeks to follow a Biblical lifestyle as they understand it.

Why should this be different  than  hiring a Baptist or a Methodist? You are not hiring an evangelist. 

• Like 3

On our radio stations (Loud Cry Radio, Native Christian Radio, SDAradio.org and Natural Way Radio, we air a series by Coming Out Ministries.  They are a coalition of Adventists who have left the alternative sexual lifestyle when they gave their hearts to Christ.  One of them is a former SDA minister.  They use the phrase Coming Out to signify the coming out and away from sin which they all agree was their former lifestyle.  Interestingly each one of them say they were not born into the gay lifestyle but willingly chose it, and likewise chose to walk away from it when reconverted to Jesus.

Hi Loud Cry Radio!

GBU!

I would love it if you post some testimonies!

Even start a new thread on it.... I hope I see it.

Yes we have the power of Choice. But not how we are made.

Christ can remake us all! It is called being Born all Over Again!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

It is a matter of freedom. I discussed this question with a Lutheran parson the other day. We have the freedom to refuse performing the marriage of a gay couple, even if our own ishop or conference president should ever encourage us to do it. But does that preclude a gay person from entering a worship service in our church?

Why should we refuse to preach the gospel to a gay person? Have we ever refused to preach the gospel to a thief, an adulterer or a liar? Did Jesus come to save sinners?

• Like 2

It is a matter of freedom. I discussed this question with a Lutheran parson the other day. We have the freedom to refuse performing the marriage of a gay couple, even if our own ishop or conference president should ever encourage us to do it. But does that preclude a gay person from entering a worship service in our church?

Why should we refuse to preach the gospel to a gay person? Have we ever refused to preach the gospel to a thief, an adulterer or a liar? Did Jesus come to save sinners?

hi Johann! GBU!

Well some people think preaching the Gospel is just to point out their sins

Looking at it from that point of view LGBTIQQAA -it is being done very successfully from the Christian media and many many pulpits.

Every single time I see Christians say to us " go and sin no more" it hardly ever mentions what JESUS  said first in that same sentence   ..."NEITHER DO I CONDEMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine what would happen if we actually followed JESUS in this alone!

#the LGBTIQQAA sees the eyes of condemnation and it actually Blocks JESUS from view :(

:ick:

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

LGBTIQQAA: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual individuals and their Allies 

____

Hope GFC doesn't mind me answering--I know it was addressed to him.

• Like 1

Why should this be different  than  hiring a Baptist or a Methodist? You are not hiring an evangelist. 

I think I answered this before.

I see the problem as being conflicting with our mission. If we are seeking to lead people to a salvation relationship with the Lord and this is the purpose of our hospitals, and if we employ people who are living a lifestyle that conflicts with the Biblical one and with Judeo Christian religion which is based on it to the point where the Bible says clearly that people cannot practice this lifestyle and go to Heaven, they cannot function in the primary role of our mission statement.

I am expanding on what the author of the article said. They said it would be a problem.

Hospitals do soft evangelism. The purpose of our health message is to lead people to Christ. Perhaps by a nurse offering to pray with a crying patient. Perhaps by praying with a patient at their request that they will have peace with God. Perhaps by a kind smile or in some other way showing the fruits of the Holy Spirit. 

It just dawned on me Who is Coming out Ministries is! I saw him on 3ABN with Cheri Peters on CELEBRATE RECOVERY.. I have stuff by Joe Carducci.. a  dear Saint sent me about 3 years ago. I hope u keep coming back.

I adore this guy!

And thank you Aubrey!

logo Coming Out.jpg

I found this!

Edited by GayatfootofCross
  • Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

Certainly our hospitals should be missionary endeavours and instruments aiding us in bringing people to Christ. For that we do need fully devoted individuals, but who is fully devoted and who is fully qualified? 

Certainly our hospitals should be missionary endeavours and instruments aiding us in bringing people to Christ. For that we do need fully devoted individuals, but who is fully devoted and who is fully qualified? 

Unfortunately, our institutions do not always seek the most godly people to staff them.

Some times it is the cheapest person or the one with the shining resume (even if it is not Christ centered).

What is good for the pocket book or accreditation is no always missionary minded.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

Our hospitals receive  government money, at least in payments for clinical services. 

As such, they can not discriminate in their whom they hire.

We do not have enough qualified people to fully staff our hospitals who are SDA members.

• Like 1

Gregory

Yes I totally agree we should preach to those who are gay, and I have a friend I pray for often who is a young gay man, as well as another friend who no longer practices the lifestyle.

• Like 1

• Members

just a FWIW — not all individuals who identify as being gay are active participants in the gay lifestyle...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

just a FWIW — not all individuals who identify as being gay are active participants in the gay lifestyle...

The world is teeming with gays who are virgins.

The world is teeming with gays who do not have sex.

Thank you rudywoofs!

Why don't people realize that?

# I see that thinking among too many Christians.

Another reason The CHURCH cannot speak into LGBTIQQAA lives.

Romeo and Juliet

Certainly it is a process. I am sure there could be many difficult decisions, but if someone is set and determined to live a non Biblical lifestyle, not struggling but totally given in to flagrant practice, they cannot be the kind of influence for good I would hope for. Same with someone who is married with one person and openly and flagrantly living in adultery with someone else. Or someone who is a drug addict, a Satanist, or an embezzler or a bigamist.

• Like 1