ClubAdventist is back!

What U.S. Same-Sex Ruling Means for Adventists

Tom Wetmore

Never said I felt like the only one 

Didn't mean to imply that. :surrender:

I find it intersting, sort of, when so many of the SDA theological "stars" are in the US, and evagelism crusades overseas get amazing results, and some of the evangelists who are part of this effort are being "marginalized" in this country ... you gotta wonder about these things. And watch.

I have read comments where complaints were made that "respected theologians" were upset that the church wasn't following their interpretation of things such as WO. And looking back to Jesus's time on earth, I see that the Christian church wasn't left in the hands of the "respected theologians" of the day. Seems to have been left in the hands of of those willing to get out and work for the saving of souls. 

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

1)  Homosexuals were stoned in the  OT:  A homosexual can be celibate, just as an alcoholic can be dry and abstain from drinking alcoholic beverages.  Those stoned in the O.T. were stoned for conduct.

2) Duties in church organizations:  The 1st Amendment protections apply very narrowly and largely to churches and individuals.  Those protections may extend to church operated schools, but not always.  SDA hospitals, in the U.S., are largely are governed by civil laws in a manner that does not apply to other denominational organizations.  The reality is that SDA hospitals do not generally have the protections that the 1st Amendment gives to churches.  One of the reasons is that a hospital is not a church.  Therefore, a SDA hospital does not have the protections that a church has. 

3) But, there are additional factors that apply to hospitals: a) With very few exceptions, hospitals today are funded by government tax money.  The government establishes rates of reimbursement for services provided. The government provides hospitals with research money.  The government funds much patient care.  The extent of government support of hospitals is so large that with a few exceptions (largely for hospitals that are not public and only take very wealth patients) hospitals could not exist without the support of the government.  As such, our hospitals must comply with anti-discrimination policies and laws that apply to them.  'b) As has been stated before, the SDA health-care system is so large that there are not enough SDAs to totally staff SDA hospitals.   

Homosexuals were stoned in the old testament and we are for the most part all for hiring them for duties in church organizations?

• Like 1

Gregory

1)  Homosexuals were stoned in the  OT:  

So, I wonder sometimes, if a person in the OT, such as in the camp in the desert, had a moral objection to stoning someone with the reasoning that it was a violation of the commandment to be kind, would they have been stoned for not carrying out this judgement? Could this even have been a test of character? Have you ever seen a stoning? A terrible thing to do to a person.

Moses seems to have run into just such a test when God suggested he would make him the father of a great nation after he destroyed the nation of Israel. It seems, from what I have read, that passing this test by interceding for Israel is part of the reason that Moses now lives in heaven.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

The terms of the Old Covenant (OC) were "obey & live", "disobey & die".  This covenant was established with Israel. To be "under law" is to be under the jurisdiction of the law. To fail in one point brought the curse i.e., death.  

Christ has legally delivered the human race from "under law" in His doing & dying.  Everyone who rejects Christ is under the OC. To reject Christ is to be self-righteous. Those who reject Christ (i.e., the unbeliever) are held prisoners by the law (see Gal 3:23) awaiting "the curse" (God abandonment).  

The believer who is practicing the homosexual lifestyle or the heterosexual who is practicing fornication/adultery, according to Paul, "will not inherit the kingdom of God." (see Gal 5:21)  

The believer who is practicing the homosexual lifestyle or the heterosexual who is practicing fornication/adultery, according to Paul, "will not inherit the kingdom of God." (see Gal 5:21)  

From the fall heterosexual men have been justifying and condoning fornication & adultery.  Now many homosexuals are doing the same thing.  To be a believer and justify known sin as a lifestyle is a dangerous position to be in. 

From the fall heterosexual men have been justifying and condoning fornication & adultery.  Now many homosexuals are doing the same thing.  To be a believer and justify known sin as a lifestyle is a dangerous position to be in. 

I agree.

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Perhaps a new kind of smaller independent facility can be started not officially part of the church and not for complex surgery but for lifestyle change, one that can adhere more closely to principle and focus more on prevention.... Of course we had these before, the sanitariums which are similar to the lifestyle centers some supporting ministries have today. Perhaps we need more of them, staffed not just by a few but as a vision more in our church embrace.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.