ClubAdventist is back!

I'm still a Newb when it comes to Food

DreamWeaver

DREAMWORKS

as  for  soups---i  take  2  cans  of  tomato  soup empty in to a sauce pan ---1 can of  peas( drain  water out)---1  can  of  corn  (drain

water out)  add  both cans in to  sauce  pan  with  tomato soup----if  any  cooked  brown  rice  or  cooked macaroni  i  add both  those

to  sauce pan  and  some  time add a  can  of  beans ( any  kind)  they  let  heat and you   have  soup for  several  meals

Aren't you feeding the sink drain a lot of vitamins when you drain the water off the canned vegetables? I always use the fluid if I use canned, but more often than not it's either microwaved fresh or frozen vegetables. When I use a slowcooker with vegetables and there seems to be too much fluid close to the end of the cook, I add a cup or a half of flour. Sometimes some precooked brown rice or even hard beans precooked fills out the recipe. 

As often as not it's just catch as catch can. I'm somewhat of a newbie cook too.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

DREAMWORKS

LOL! After reading LHC's post I just realized you called me, DreamWorks! Haha!

• Administrators

DreamWeaver, I love cooking shows as well :)

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Its fine, dgrimm. I knew you didn't mean it. I thought it was funny. :biglaugh:

Edited by DreamWeaver

Hi DreamWeaver, this is a subject I have looked into since becoming a member of the SDA. I enjoy training weights at the gym and supplement with protein powder so I get stuck at this point with the vegetarian diet, yet I have some suggestions that might work for you. 

From my own study, Proverbs 15:17 gave me some help - "It is better to eat soup with someone you love than meat with someone you hate". There are various renderings of this verse, yet its my view that it advocates vegetable soups here. On that basis I often end up with Pumpkin or Tomato soup and bread or crackers and works well for me.

Mexican burritos with red kidney beans work pretty well, 

The suggestion above for a visit to an Indian Take Away store is a good one, they generally have various vegan / vegetarian dishes and if you find one that you like you can try and replicate it at home, the one I like is a chick pea curry called "Aloo Chole" and its pretty awesome. 

Another suggestion is to bake your own bread or buy good quality unsliced rye breads and thick cut it for toasting or grills. 

Edited by Sojourner

• 2 weeks later...

My recipe site.  I need to update it though, change, and remove some recipes. I can no longer recommend nor support the use of baking soda/baking powder, vinegar, or spices (including cinnamon). I'm hoping to post new recipes soon though, and a lot of my recipes on there don't have those things anyway. There are some, though.

• 3 months later...

The thing that really irks me is...why do people have to pay for good advice in this day and age? Stuff that could be freely given to help others (IMO) should be! Lots of people aren't financially able to shell out $90 for information.

• Like 1

Tomato juice is a good base for soup. It doesn't contain many of the added and unnecessary ingredients that tomato soup contains, but it still has a tomato soup kind of taste, but you may need to season it yourself.