ClubAdventist is back!

The GC Vote on women

Stan

When Paul said the women in the Church in Corinthians must keep quiet , he meant that all women in every church in every time period, He just worded it wrong. thankfully Doug Batchelor was able to speak for him.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

When Paul said the women in the Church in Corinthians must keep quiet , he meant that all women in every church in every time period, He just worded it wrong. thankfully Doug Batchelor was able to speak for him.

I'm satisfied Pastor Doug prays for the Holy Spirit continuously and may have voiced what he felt was a principle of conduct under most circumstances. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

• Like 2

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

I'm satisfied Pastor Doug prays for the Holy Spirit continuously and may have voiced what he felt was a principle of conduct under most circumstances. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

You can pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you; but part of that includes studying what knowledge is out there, what do we know about the language structure, the literary context, do we know anything about the historical context and cultural context? These are things that Pastor Doug has been ignoring. I don't care how much you ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, if you refuse to follow you are still not following and you are left with your personal opinions as the final authority.

Edited by Kevin H

Was the withdrawal of Doug Batchelor's Florida speaking appointment a form of censorship by the Florida Conference?  Are Steve Bohr and Steve Wohlberg next on the list????  Nuff Sed

• Moderators

Good point. I support it if it is sending Elder Batchelor a criticism and rebuke, and wanting to let the church know about concerns about him. I am against it if it is censorship.

• Members

Why? Is he worshiping on Sunday now? Is he telling people they are going to hell if they don't worship on Sunday?? Is he now saying that he believes in evolution??? Is he now claiming the Bible to be untrue???? or are they just wanting to shut his opinion up about WO????? Concerns!!!!! What a joke!

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Well it is a bit more than just women's ordination. It is how headship theology effect our understanding of the trinity and the purpose and perpetuity of the law, the issues of the Great controversy and what Mrs. White said was the core of her message. It is how he poo-poos education and information that comes from our schools. And it is how there seems to be a tendency of wanting to push his understanding of Adventism on the rest of us instead of sharing the evidence and letting us evaluate and make decisions.

Was the withdrawal of Doug Batchelor's Florida speaking appointment a form of censorship by the Florida Conference?  Are Steve Bohr and Steve Wohlberg next on the list????  Nuff Sed

Actually, here is the statement that was put out by Amazing Facts:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/news/item/id/12021/t/statement-on-venue-change

I was there at the July 2014 meeting and it was absolutely packed nor was there any negative feedback from the audience. People came from all over the Orlando area to hear him and unless they arrived an hour early they had to sit in the overflow room. BTW his main topic was not related to WO. It seems another approach might be to be open to substantive dialog on a variety of topics.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

Actually, here is the statement that was put out by Amazing Facts:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/news/item/id/12021/t/statement-on-venue-change

Looking at the schedule, I know what I will be doing every night that week! I don't understand. Surely this schedule has been out for awhile and has to do with Bible figures. I do like DBs/AFs attitude regarding the Florida Conference actions. I don't know, but it says a lot about the sides in this debate regarding WO.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Good point. I support it if it is sending Elder Batchelor a criticism and rebuke, and wanting to let the church know about concerns about him. I am against it if it is censorship.

How will you know the difference?

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members

I was there at the July 2014 meeting and it was absolutely packed nor was there any negative feedback from the audience. People came from all over the Orlando area to hear him and unless they arrived an hour early they had to sit in the overflow room. BTW his main topic was not related to WO. It seems another approach might be to be open to substantive dialog on a variety of topics.

From what I read, its pretty clear who is the more humble or Christ like in all of this!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}