ClubAdventist is back!

i have started University!!!

Femster

I have in the last week, started studying Theology at Avondale in Australia- by distance.

I am very scared about doing the essays, and getting the referencing right, but I know God will help me through it.

After all, i had so many signs and confirmations within a 10 minute period the morning after i asked, what else can it  be??

My major is Biblical Studies.

• 2 weeks later...

no i dont want to be  a Pastor- i dont belive it is my field- however i am very interested in the history of the bible, and also the meanings behind it all- i feel the study guides dont go into it enough for me.

Misearably failed my first Hebrew exam but i know i will get better!

• Administrators

It's only the beginning... Thanks for the update, though. I was wondering how it's been going

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

crazy thing is i can say the hebrew alphabet- sometimes all the way through, sometimes not- but i cant recognise the letters themselves. frustrating....

• Like 1

• Members

crazy thing is i can say the hebrew alphabet- sometimes all the way through, sometimes not- but i cant recognise the letters themselves. frustrating....

Femster, have you tried using flashcards for learning the Hebrew letters and/or words?  It's an easy way to learn, and you can carry the cards in your pocket and review them most any time... :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

i am trying to hunt down some suitable cards- nothing in my area- so i went on ebay and ordered some blank business cards from China.

Coz i am 4 hours from Sydney, there are not a lot of business/record cards up here. i will be going to Sydney next week and can look at them then. A few big Stationery stores near where i want to go.

• Like 1

Femster, have you tried using flashcards for learning the Hebrew letters and/or words?  It's an easy way to learn, and you can carry the cards in your pocket and review them most any time... :)

If you have a smart phone, there are a number of flash card apps for the iPhone. I am sure android phones do too. Some of them let you create your own, but also have big libraries of flash card collections for download. That way you can keep "stacks" of cards with you.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Femster:

There are a large assortment of flash cards that you can obtain and/or apps that you can put on your smart phone, as photodude said.  The key to finding them is to search for "Biblical Hebrew."  The reason being that the Biblical Greek and Biblical Hebrew differs from  the Greek and Hebrew of today.  Here are search terms that you might plug into your search engine:

Biblical Hebrew online

Biblical Hebrew app

Biblical Hebrew alphabet.

You will probably come across a notice of a free app from Logos Software.  Logos is a major supplier of Biblical/religious study aids.  Some highly specialized and some very comprehensive.  But, they are no free.  Their products range in price from several hundred dollars to more than two thousand dollars.  By way of interest, they have a series of packages that are designed  for Seventh-day Adventists.  If you have the funds to purchase their products, they can supply you with a lot of materials.  you can access them at:

https://blog.logos.com/2014/03/new-free-greek-and-hebrew-flashcard-app/

Success to you in your studies.  You should be able to find what you need for flash cards either free or at low cost.

By way of interest:  Logos set up a sales booth at the San Diego One Project Gathering, with a substantial discount for their SDA packages.  If you live near a One Project Gathering, you might want to drop by (You do not have to register and pay for dropping by when you do not attend.) and see if they have a booth with discounted prices.

Edited by Gregory Matthews

Gregory

• Administrators

Yes, Logos material is worth the investment if you can afford it. My dream is to one day acquire one.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.