ClubAdventist is back!

Bakers Fined for Gay Wedding Cake Refusal, Deliver a Powerful Message of Love

bonnie

I will show you my faith – what I believe – by how I live, by my works. – James 2:1-10. Aaron and Melissa Klein are an inspiration to all of us. They literally live their faith. The Christian couple has now been fined $135,000 for refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding because of their religious beliefs. They are still fighting that ruling and will to the very end. They won’t leave it for another to suffer their fate at the hands of a bunch of godless bureaucrats. In that spirit, they made ten cakes to send to gay rights groups. They are lovely cakes made in a red, white and blue theme… on the top is a red heart that says, “We really do love you!” It shows true Christian giving and the precept of loving those who hate you and would instead persecute you.

From TheBlaze:

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the owners of Sweetcakes by Melissa, were ordered by Oregon state officials last month to pay $135,000 in damages after they declined to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. Now, the bakers are sending a powerful message to gay rights groups.

The Kleins, who continue to defy a July 13 order from Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries, decided this week that they wanted to let gays and lesbians know that, despite ideological and theological differences, they love and care about them.

The husband and wife duo baked 10 cakes, packaged them up and drove to California, where they collaborated with Ray Comfort — the Christian leader who recently released “Audacity,” a movie about homosexuality — and mailed them out to gay rights groups on Wednesday.

“We had been speaking to Ray about the movie, and Ray came up with the idea — ‘What about sending [gay rights groups] cakes?’” Melissa Klein told TheBlaze on Thursday. “And I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, that is such an amazing idea.’”

From there, she said that she and Aaron spent time coordinating with Comfort to come up with a shipping method that would keep the cakes intact for proper delivery.

The Kleins drove down to meet Comfort in California, where they shipped the cakes along with a letter, a $25 gift card and a copy of “Audacity” with each package.

“We’re doing it in hopes that they can hopefully see [how] to understand us as being Christian, and why we believe the way we do — and why we do the things we do,” Klein said. “They don’t understand the things we do.”

Each 8-inch cake was frosted white with red, white and blue swirls — an intentional color scheme that Klein said she hopes will send a powerful message.

“We wanted to have the cake represent freedom — that we all should have freedom and to live our lives the way we want to,” she said, noting that she believes gays and lesbians should be free to live as they choose. “But I also feel like I should have the right to live the way I want to, and that should be my choice.”

Klein is hoping that the cake, letter and gift card packages will send a message of goodwill. To drive that point home, in the middle of each cake is a heart with the words, “We really do love you.”

Klein said she isn’t expecting to hear back from the groups they sent cakes to, though said it would be “awesome” if any subsequent interactions did happen.

“Our actions were not done with hate,” she reiterated of the cake refusal that landed her and Aaron in the headlines.

As TheBlaze previously reported, problems for the Kleins began in 2013 after they declined to make a wedding cake for lesbian couple Rachel Cryer-Bowman and Laurel Bowman-Cryer based on the bakers’ religious views; the government subsequently awarded damages to the women.

The Kleins have filed an appeal in an effort to dismiss the $135,000 in damages and have not yet handed over any money, despite a July 13 order — an act that could potentially land them with additional penalties.

“In my heart, I felt like if we give anything we are giving in and giving up this fight and setting this precedent for the next person in line,” Klein told TheBlaze. “We’re still fighting this.”

As for their latest cake gesture, she said that she and Aaron have plans to continue sending cakes to other gay and lesbian rights groups in the near future.

“Our plan in this was definitely not to become a publicity issue or stunt,” she said. Instead, she said, she’s truly hoping to send a message of love.

This wasn’t done for publicity or to be relevant… the Kleins did this to show that they truly do love everyone. They also wanted to show these people that they just want the same rights afforded to gays. Their First Amendment rights were stripped from them – their right to freedom of religion was taken away and they are being told they must comply and do something that violates their Christian beliefs. They won’t do so, no matter the cost. How would the gay community feel if they were forced to go to church, be baptized and pray? That would be just as wrong. Surely there is room enough in our country for freedom for all and not just for a select group. The true victims of discrimination here are the Christians. These couples can go anywhere for their weddings… instead they choose to force others to comply or go out of business. That’s reprehensible and the government mandating it is tyrannical and despotic. The Kleins show what it truly means to love thy neighbor – even if they mean you ill.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

This wasn’t done for publicity or to be relevant… the Kleins did this to show that they truly do love everyone. They also wanted to show these people that they just want the same rights afforded to gays. Their First Amendment rights were stripped from them – their right to freedom of religion was taken away and they are being told they must comply and do something that violates their Christian beliefs. They won’t do so, no matter the cost. How would the gay community feel if they were forced to go to church, be baptized and pray? That would be just as wrong. Surely there is room enough in our country for freedom for all and not just for a select group. The true victims of discrimination here are the Christians. These couples can go anywhere for their weddings… instead they choose to force others to comply or go out of business. That’s reprehensible and the government mandating it is tyrannical and despotic. The Kleins show what it truly means to love thy neighbor – even if they mean you ill.

This is just another break in the ongoing destruction of what God had intended from the beginning and reveals the followers of His archenemy's replacement government. I've been watching some documentaries that reveal how close we are to the final battle, this link leading to one of them. entitled "the Bride, the Beast, and Babylon".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdNiCT0i8Q4&feature=iv&src_vid=IdiK2lVZIo0&annotation_id=annotation_2116926041

God is Love!  Jesus saves!   :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Well we might never know what God intended on this issue. Seems there isnt a shortage of SDA that is waiting for the bible scholars to explain it. We certainly have had a number of articles posted here that explains what God intended. You wouldnt want to be thought of as 21st century reconstructionist

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Well we might never know what God intended on this issue. Seems there isnt a shortage of SDA that is waiting for the bible scholars to explain it. We certainly have had a number of articles posted here that explains what God intended. You wouldnt want to be thought of as 21st century reconstructionist

Maybe this would be as apt to give more credence to the reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjpx7WwbKM

Having watched much of the phenomena in the last few years as described above, if that's reconstructionism, I guess I have to plead guilty.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D  :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

That would really only convince those of us that already believe that the bible is enduring from the beginning right thru this century.

You can search from Gen-Rev and back again and there is absolutely nothing that indicates God had in mind one man,one woman,two men or two women,the choice is yours. Anything that is written on marriage is one man,one woman. God did not create an alternate choice for Adam in case Eve wasn't quite what he had in mind for his choice of life partner. It also very clearly gives the "reward" for that choice as well as others. Yet we are supposed to believe it possible that what is written doesn't mean what it says. If that proves to be true then I guess we need to chuck what we believe.Then it all becomes a matter of choice and agreeing and approving the choices that go directly against what the bible says.

Edited by bonnie

So sad they should face this type of persecution. "If the foundations be destroyed, what will the righteous do?

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

It is to bad that gay groups wouldn't say" We respect the right of those that feel it violates their beliefs,we will find another baker"

the bakers that identify as christians.because you do not have to be a christian hater to be gay... not required

I don't recall anyone believing that had to be so. Not relevant to the bakers that identify as christians. As a matter of fact there are gay groups that are saying christian bakers must bake the cake or lose their business. Deny us and we will close your business.

By law they can force bakers to make a choice. Whether I would bake the cake or not ,I give them a lot of credit for following the dictates of their conscience .I wonder how many here that criticize the bakers so strongly would have the committment to do same

• Moderators

I think that many here made that choice when they decided not to go into a business where their convictions would be violated.

Gregory

Deciding to not go into a business isn't quite the same. Those that have invested untold hours,unknown risks of success,large investment of capital,usually involving the security of your home and the ability to not only support your own family but meeting financial business obligations first before family is far different than deciding not to go into a business that would violate their conscience.Those being sued by the gay community risk and usually do lose everything,those deciding against a business are only risking losing a dream or desire to have that particular business

I wonder what would have happen in my 20 years as an ABC manager had decided not to sell products to gays.

or if we decided not to allow gays on here?

or if Jesus decided not to mingle with publicans and sinners.

• Like 1

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The gay community does not want anyone to dictate their "conscience" for them.Yet they believe they should be able to dictate "conscience" for someone else.

In selling products to gays were you forced to provide for or attend a ceremony you felt strongly that was wrong as a photographer is required to do?

If you were and decided to help them celebrate that is a matter for your conscience,but that doesn't give you any right to try to enforce that same belief on someone else.

The bakers feel very strongly that they should not participate in anyway concerning something they feel is so unbiblical.  The conscience of someone else is not in our control. Anymore than you would like someone to try to enforce what you believe. .

Allowing or welcoming gays on here I doubt is a problem for anyone. The problem comes in when if you do not agree with the lifestyle and believe it is unbiblical is the pushback from gays and those of a more liberal mind set quickly letting it be known that isn't christian. To be considered christian you either are to agree that maybe we just don't understand scripture or the story of the woman caught in adultery is repeated.  Jesus mingled with all but no where will you find Jesus promoting  or passing a law to legitimize a unbiblical lifestyle. Or at the very least do not voice an opinion

Edited by bonnie
  • Like 1

That would really only convince those of us that already believe that the bible is enduring from the beginning right thru this century.

Which is to say to me, Jesus knew perfectly well, present society not excepted, how many would respond from the beginning.

30"But he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!' 31"But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.'"...Luke 16

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• 3 weeks later...

I understand many here can poke holes at his argument  but I believe by the time he gets to the end it can't be refuted in spades.

uhh... i could always be wrong

enjoy!  only 13 minutes!

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Would Jesus act as those that call themselves christian gays act?

Did or would He use force to get others to agree with Him?

Did Jesus advocate suing and destroying businesses of those that disagreed with Him?

So much is false about this youtube. 

None of the businesses involved have refused to serve gays. They have refused service for a specific event they don't feel they can be a part of according to their conscience.

You and others always refuse to answer.....

Should a black baker have to provide a cake for a KKK rally. No hate speech just celebrating a special day for them? 

Should muslim bakers be forced to provide a cake for a gay wedding?

A co-worker of mine had a Adultery is Freedom party. Should bakers be forced to provide the cake for that? Divorce was because she was simply tired of being married. 

Should Muslim barbers be forced to provide service for women and gays? Both strictly against their religious beliefs.

and for those who want to hear more..

here is part two!

Love this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA7W-D5HrVM

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

I think my terrible wordsmithiness communicated badly of where I am coming from.

That Video I posted above and the subsequent link to video after, says it much better of how I regard this issue and shows me the basic Highest Standard Foundation of CHRISTianity itself. (and deepest)

It is understandable that many do not agree with me on this. Wonderful! We have a forum where we can disagree and love and pray for  one another while posting to each other. Thank You STAN and His Worker Bees! :)

I am very very fortunate to have a voice that some can hear.... As well as Everyone else on this Forum.  I am not a debater. I am not that bright. I am out of my element as people can see with my poor typed written skills.

Even I cringe sometimes.

for me its comes down to very different pictures of GOD and understanding of scriptures.

It is  more important to JESUS how we treat each other over this...  than how right I am or how right You All are.

Blessings!

Edited by GayatfootofCross

Romeo and Juliet

• 11 months later...

this ^^^

Romeo and Juliet