ClubAdventist is back!

Screening the Call

Outta Here

Whatever a person feels called by God to do. The thought was spurred by a couple of people talking about being employed in a job they thought they may have been called to do. One person refusing to do something because of an "ick" factor; another person continually doing the same thing day in and day out, but no longer feeling as if it was what God wanted them to do.

My thought is that sometimes people "screen" the "call". You know, looking to see Who it's from; deciding whether or not to pick up; listening to see if there's a message...but sometimes I think: accepting the "call" starts with answering the "phone". 

Anyway...back to the regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let us say you feel called by an inner feeling to do something (let us say volunteer to serve at a soup kitchen).  How would you know that this is God willing you to do this, since it may mean neglecting your family and commitments?  Does not your reason always have the final say?  The reason I ask is because I see Christians doing the most daft things (like move away from their children) telling me that they felt it was the Lord's will.  Years later, I see the fruit of that decision was bad, which I felt it was bad to start with.  That makes me cauctious to screen every call.

Edited by Tom Wetmore
Quote removed... No quote zone here...