ClubAdventist is back!

Kim Davis (County Clerk Refuses to Issue Marriage License to Gay Couple)

Jessie-Jess

Post after post you condemn and point out the sins of every christian,SDA or other as hypocrites yada,yada.Not one person that has opposed gay marriage and ended up in the public eye has been judgmental,you have. They simply state they believe it to be against their biblical beliefs.

How do you justify your constant condemnation of every christian you come across,unless they support your pet agenda?

Are they allowed religious convictions and acting on them as you demand for yourself?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I remind you that in the past some such clerks had religious objections to issuing marriage licenses to bi-racial couples.

It's not the same....Gay marriage is not substantiated by the word of God.  I can't find where it's wrong to marry bi-racial couples.

• Moderators

Robert, in the past there were clerks who honestly believe that the Bible condemned bi-racial marriage. 

Your statement below seem to say that you believe that the religious objections of County Clerks should only be accommodated if those objections are ones with which you agree and if you  do not, they should not be accommodated.

Well, you are not the standard.

Under the law, in situations where one is granted rights related to religious belief, those rights are not granted on the basis of being Biblical.  They are granted on the basis of being sincere.  And, those rights do have boundaries.  They are limited. 

It's not the same....Gay marriage is not substantiated by the word of God.  I can't find where it's wrong to marry bi-racial couples.

Gregory

....on the issue of gay issues, people just want to complain and make it a religious issue. I doubt it is religiously motivated, but rather just plain everyday prejudice.

I think the gays are the ones who are disingenuous....They are the one's practicing known sin as a lifestyle.  They are the ones who are pushing  their lifestyle as both normal and wholesome. 

Edited by Robert

• Moderators

Exactly Robert.

In the civil arena, the law is the standard. 

Civil servants who can not fulfill their obligations under the law should resign.

Edited by Gregory Matthews

Gregory

• Moderators

In recent posts, nothing new has been said.  People, to include myself, are simply repeating themselves.

I think that it is a time to take a break.

Gregory

• Gregory Matthews locked this topic