ClubAdventist is back!

BREAKING: Federal Judge Makes Stunning Order To Kim Davis

bonnie

It is not judging to say the clerk is wrong in her actions...it is a fact.

Far more than that has been said,that is a fact.

I believe she is wrong in the way she handled it,does that make her a pharisee and hypocrite? Judging her motives and condemning her as a hypocrite is a little different

Basically she has an unsavory past,by those that do not judge don't let anyone forget that.

True repentence/forgivness  is sufficient for God to "forget" that,not for many here.

Because you don't agree with her stand She is a hypocrite because she has a past she has put behind her and you want her past front and center to any decision she makes from here on or is it just on the gay marriage issue

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

is this thread about hypocrites, about repentance, or about the fact that the County Clerk could not do her job requirements as stated and required by the law?

(just asking....)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

is this thread about hypocrites, about repentance, or about the fact that the County Clerk could not do her job requirements as stated and required by the law?

(just asking....)

Actually all of the above. Many here have introduced the fact she is a hypocrite and pharisee because of her past.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Members

okay.  Thanks.. I'll step out of the thread, then, as I've no interest in the Clerk's personal life.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Her personal life was made a topic by those not into judging. Otherwise the thread was concerning her stand and her consequences

I was somewhat distraught about some comments about her past of marriages and unwed children even though she has been converted in Christ -- I see here a modern woman at the well or even the woman caught in sin and the way Jesus handled that in a righteous way. Anyone that would publish an opinion that promotes judgment and lack of compassion and even condemnation should spend some time on their knees. This lady has held Scripture high in our country that has abandoned even the simplest of moral  aptitude -- God bless her and may she have a legion of angels surrounding her.

• Like 2

Striving for a better relationship with Him!

Gus Foster

I don't think her conversion counts in this case.

• Moderators

Jessie:

1)  I am SDA Clergy,

2) Your questions of me have nothing to do with the fundamental issues.

3) Yes, if a law is passed that requires us to work on Sunday (NOTE: You asked about working on Sunday.) I believe that we should obey it.  God does not prohibit us from working on Sunday.

4) She is an elected civil official.  She took an oath to provide civil services (a marriage license is a civil service) in compliance with the law.  Now that she has religious convictions against doing so, she is duty bound to resign so that she can keep her convictions.  This is just as any SDA must do when they find  themselves in a positon where their religious convictions would be violated.

5) Further, God does not prohibit worship of Him on any day of the week.   God only specifies that the Sabbath (the 7th day of the week) be kept as a special day to honor Him.

6) As to marriage:  In the United States (NOTE: It is different in some other countries.) marriage has both a civil and a religious function.  The decision of the Supreme Court (U.S.) only relates to the civil function,  It  does not relate to the religious function. 

7) Your questions, clearly show that you do not understand the issues.

Mr. Gregory Matthews: Are you an Adventist? If you take these stands now when it comes to marriage, then what do you suggest we do when laws are passed restricting our freedoms to worship on Sabbath and/or requiring us to work on Sunday? Should we comply with the law? Should we slip into church services on Sunday just to please the law? Should we drop our church membership just to satisfy the law? You should consider carefully the stand that you seem to be taking on this matter, which is about conscience. 

Gregory

This women knows what she is talking about if you knew deeply her past in Politics and Church then her conclusions in her walk of Faith

I found this!marriage_gay_clerk_kim_n.thumb.jpg.d59a3

She Nailed it.

Christians do not want to be  persecuted for their Faith.

We as Christians so get that

Some get it mixed up.

In this Climate as of 2015 it makes sense for her... but not the persecution that went on Since the Great Controversy shares.

at all

#or tons of annuls in Earth or in Heaven

Edited by GayatfootofCross
  • Like 1

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

She clearly needs our support as she believe in Marriage, and to prove that she has been married 4 times.  She also believes in children, she even had them when she was not married.

So that negates her stand against gay marriage?

False. She did not try to force or use the government to force her religious beliefs. Made no attempt to change their homosexual lifestyle. She believes it to be wrong and that is a concept that cannot be tolerated.
If by refusing she was forcing her religious belief on them,then they of course were trying to force theirs on her

his!marriage_gay_clerk_kim_n.thumb.jpg.d59a3
  • Like 1

....about the fact that the County Clerk could not do her job requirements as stated and required by the law?

Sounds like you are promoting men's laws above conscience and God's law....Just saying....

4) She is an elected civil official.  She took an oath to provide civil services (a marriage license is a civil service) in compliance with the law.  Now that she has religious convictions against doing so, she is duty bound to resign so that she can keep her convictions. 

Getting another job is silly.  She needs to stand up to this immoral law.  Good for her....

So that negates her stand against gay marriage?

Hi Robert, I hope this post finds you well.

This to all here within my soprano operetta ....We cannot force conscience..all we can do is show Kim Davies the real issues under America's Laws in a Governmental Position of Authority.

The meaning of Sep. Of Church and State  ...uhh...which many Adventists fight for.      I get Liberty Mag a month.

She may have never studied up on it.

And a better Pic of God towards Gays  could help too.

My Goodness.

But we as humans cannot compel the conscience of both sides of this.

Edited by GayatfootofCross

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

Sounds like you are promoting men's laws above conscience and God's law....Just saying....

It appears that her biggest sin is not in refusing to perform her responsibility,but that she believes gay/marriage to be biblically wrong. If it was just failure to do her job she would not be so vilified for her unsavory past she has left behind. There is amazing support among certain christian groups and SDA is one for gay/lesbian marriage

• Like 1

No one's being jailed for practicing her religion. Someone's being jailed for using the government to force others to practice her religion.

The government is using their might to force gay marriage down the throats of many Christians.  The government claims it's a moral issue, one of fairness and equality. So excuse me if I find Evans' view hypocritical..... 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

• Administrators

So let just assume for discussion purposes that she had not converted to Apostalic Chrsitianity, but had instead converted to Islam.  I am suspecting that in that case many would support her stand against gay marriage as a Muslim, applauding her stand for her religious beliefs.  But what if she then also decided that she could no longer issue licenses to a fellow Muslim that chose to marry a non-Muslim,  and that she would issue  marriage licenses to a Muslim man and his second and third wives.  She would be following her sincerely held belief that God allows and blesses such marriage.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

The law in question that this woman took an oath of office to uphold was men's laws.  

• Like 1

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

The government is using their might to force gay marriage down the throats of many Christians.  The government claims it's a moral issue, one of fairness and equality. So excuse me if I find Evans' view hypocritical..... 

Robert, Hello Again.

I never found your views to be hypocritical or even said it.

And I never read enough posts of yours to even form an opinion on them.

I see so many people here sharing I don't keep well up on many of them.

I don't recall having more than a moment of conversation with you. And couldn't tell anyone what it was even if thrown by the strongest man on earth.

If I have led to believe so I think it might be the poor communication skills I have or the Coldness of the Internet.

Either way

I apologize.

Now to the Dinner and a Show...

Romeo and Juliet

The law in question that this woman took an oath of office to uphold was men's laws.  

Wasn't she employed before the Supreme Court made gay marriage into law?  How do you know that she recently took an oath of office to uphold this new law?  Yes?

Edited by Robert

My problem is with Evans.....

Oh!

The coldness of the Internet is what I call it.

I am always trying to work with the Nature of the beast (internet).

I will read more and post less

(hmmm...)

Romeo and Juliet