ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Agatha Thrash

Gail

• Administrators

This announcement is posted at the Uchee Pines website:

On September 3, 2015, Dr. Agatha Thrash passed away at home earlier in the morning. She had been declining after several strokes, and finally succumbed to complications related to her condition. The funeral service will be held at 11am on Sunday, September 6, at the Uchee Pines Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Here is the link:

http://www.ucheepines.org/dr-agatha-thrash-update/ 

With her husband Calvin the Thrashes were a force in the Adventist denomination with their health books on natural remedies and diet and the Uchee Pines Institute.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

After my second child was born I went through a period of hardship which caused my weight to drop below 100 lbs. I wrote to Dr. Thrash regarding help for anorexia nervosa. She graciously replied with a personal letter which gave me hope during that dark time.

I did attend one seminar of hers years ago when she came up here to Canada. I remember her telling us that we can excuse a new bride for burning the food but that burnt food is not counted as activated charcoal.

Fondly remembered by many. I know a few people who went to school at Uchee Pines.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Sad to hear. Prayers for the family.

I knew Doctor Thrash briefly as she visited with her daughter, Ann who played a rather prominent role in my family's conversion to Adventism. The Doctors Thrash raised a couple of wonderful children who will carry well their parents legacy.

• Administrators

Yes

• Members

Sorry to hear this. Loved her show on 3ABN

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 1 year later...
Guest Douglas Bredahl
On 9/4/2015 at 10:20 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

I still remember the day of her baptism.  I was there--1964, I think.

Drs.Thrash (especially Dr. Agatha) created an environment in which wonderful improvements were made to the spiritual and physical well being of thousands of people. The love they generated will always be a part of me.

• Like 2