ClubAdventist is back!

Please Pray for Missing Cousin

JoeMo

If you are from the Denver area, you are probably aware of the hiker missing in Eldorado Canyon - David Robles.  He is my 1st cousin.

Eldorado Canyon is a stunningly beautiful place; but it is also treacherous.  Please pray that the searchers find him and/or that the family hears from him soon.  He is the youngest child of six; and this loss would devastate a large number of people.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes, JoeMo I just prayed and will continue to pray until the situation is resolved.  Please keep us informed.

• Like 2

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Will also be praying

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Still no word.  This is likely to become a "search and recovery" effort instead of a "search and rescue" effort if he is not found today.  Thanks so much for your prayers.

• Members

:(  so very, very sorry...  (((JoeMo)))

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

A sad ending but as you said the family has closure.  My prayers for peace and love go out to the entire family

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

;( So sorry that the news wasn't good. My condolences to your whole family. Yes, it is a good thing that the body has been found by people rather than who-knows-what out there, but I am sorry that tragedy has hit your family.

((( Joe )))

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

They found a bodyabout an hour ago.  At least the family has closure.  Please pray for them. ;(

So, has the body been positively ID'd? But whoever it is, there will be sadness and loss for a family.

So sorry for your family, if the person was a member of your family.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members

Sorry to hear the sad news JoeMo, praying for all :prayer:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

So, has the body been positively ID'd? But whoever it is, there will be sadness and loss for a family.

So sorry for your family, if the person was a member of your family.

Yes; the body was ID's by next-of-kin late yesterday afternoon.  Initial indication is that he fell.  He was my 1st cousin; son of my mom's sister.  He was 53 years old.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  Feels like family.  I'm thankful that David's body was found; eliminating the uncertainty about a permanently "missing" person.

Blessings to all,

JoeMo

• Like 2

Hugs Joe and Deb.  So sad for your family.  Was your cousin a believer?

Yes - his family were all very devout and God-fearing Catholics.  I think God has members of His "church" in every denomination.

• Like 3