ClubAdventist is back!

A good place to store and share my audio files?

Jessie-Jess

I have made some audio files to share on my website, only to discover that I cannot upload them (at least not to my media library). I also tried another storage site that I use, and cannot figure out if it's even possible to share them on my site (at least the way I want to). I want to allow people to download my audio files for free, without any adware, viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, worms, or other malicious software and without unwanted ads that could distract and cause someone to click on the wrong "download" button. If you don't know what I mean, some sites that allow for downloading also contain an ad (or ads) that also say to download, and you might click to download the wrong thing and get something you don't want, or something potentially harmful.

So what do you know of that's safe, or most safe, easy, not confusing, up-to-date and free that I can use? 

Please share the links.

Thank you. 

• Members

If you have a Mac, Apple has iCloud, you setup an account and than you can back up your stuff. Also Google+ stores your files, you also need to setup an account.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If you have a Mac, Apple has iCloud, you setup an account and than you can back up your stuff. Also Google+ stores your files, you also need to setup an account.

I don't have a mac, and I want to be able to share by posting a link on my website/blog to download the file. So I am looking for a website similar to photobucket or something. 

SoundCloud.com looks good.   Free users can upload up to 3 hours' worth of content.

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• Members

I don't have a mac, and I want to be able to share by posting a link on my website/blog to download the file. So I am looking for a website similar to photobucket or something. 

Picasa is a good one!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you, but it looks like I have to download it. I'm not looking for something that I need to download. I'm looking for a website, a third-party to hold my files, that I can post a link to so that my files can be downloaded from the website (third party). 

Maybe I'll just go with photobucket...at least I'm familiar with that. 

No. Photobucket has gotten bad and has some ugly ads (potentially harmful/suspicious), and it seems like I can't even upload audio files. Guess I keep looking...

Edited by Jessie-Jess

If your still looking.... I believe Dropbox let's you do this. They advertise it as online storage also, but Im certain you can share audio files too. I've never used it but maybe worth looking into. You said you have a website, what service are you using? I've used Weebly before and it's super easy to make a site. Nothing to download, all done from their online editor. Pretty sure you can upload files there too. 

• Like 1

Thank you. I use Wordpress and Weebly for different sites. I see a music player on Wordpress and might try and see what that does. It won't let me upload the audio files into the media library, though. I thought I saw online that audio files could be uploaded onto weebly, but I don't see how. Dropbox...I think I knew about that one, but wasn't thinking of it. Thank you for the reminder. Maybe I'll look into that.