ClubAdventist is back!

Washington Conference Grants Females ______

Gregory Matthews

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Washington has always been a leader of the pack in the issue of WO in the SDA church...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

On 15.11.2015, 19:40:03, rudywoofs said:

Washington has always been a leader of the pack in the issue of WO in the SDA church...

Does that mean that Wahingtoninans are almost or even more intelligent than us Scandinavians???

• Members
6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Does that mean that Wahingtoninans are almost or even more intelligent than us Scandinavians???

:)  there are huge numbers of folks with Scandinavian ancestry in Washington State.  The city of Ballard (now a part of Seattle) was known as "Little Norway" for decades, and there's still a large presence of Scandinavian-related shops..

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Johann said:

of course not

• 2 months later...
On 15 November 2015 at 5:40 AM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. 

• Members
16 minutes ago, Aussiemike said:

LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. 

Two things:

1)  Please do not use all caps when writing.  It's considered to be poor internet etiquette.

2)  Your statement was snide, and utterly out of place, no matter what your opinion is of women's ordination.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

In simple terms, using all upper case like this is seen by some as "internet yelling." Probably not the greatest idea. But I doubt that the word "snide" would apply to your comment. There are a lot of people who see this WO hub bub in the light of "wolves amongst sheep;" and it's not wrong to express your viewpoint. I just read the above article that the OP posted, and I guess I am really falling behind the times. Now I see there are "comissioned" and "ordained" ministers to wonder about. I don't even know what a "commisioned" one is. The WO issue to me just keeps getting more confusing the more they all wrestle around with it.

i accidentally had the cap lock on. 
regarding the issue. the actions of the conference in ordaining females to leadership roles over congregations against the wishes of the GC and the people is nothing short of rebellion. These people are cultured by the feminist movement which originated in spiritualism. Just because babylonian churches who do not believe that Adam and Eve existed desire to ordain women to leadership these apostates in our churches want to do it. This lot are wolves in sheep clothing and apostates. where will it end? 

Seems that this thing has happened before. Israel had to have a king because the idolatrous nations around them did. So we have to follow babylon in everything also. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

(2)  Your statement was snide, and utterly out of place, no matter what your opinion is of women's ordination.

no i thought is was quite appropriate thank you.  Hits the nail right on the head.

Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said,

“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
    in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be for[f] your husband,
    and he shall rule over you.”

For those people who desire to rid the church of this so called "gender bias" when it comes to leadership you might want to cut this verse of you bible with a pair of scissors.  

• Administrators

While I am tempted to apply a generous dollop of editorial cosmetics to the above to cover the blemishes that some might find disgustingly nauseating  to behold, I think I will just let well enough along for now.  It has been quite adequately and correctly described and characterized for what it really is.  Res ipsa loquitur.  And why deprive humanity of the opportunity to see unrestrained ugliness in all its fetidness serving as an excellent example of something that so obviously condemns itself as being unacceptable and wrong on its face. It ironically serves as an effective counterpoint to itself.

Or is it just laughably silly extremist nonsense, just plain difficult to take seriously?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

4 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

While I am tempted to apply a generous dollop of editorial cosmetics to the above to cover the blemishes that some might find disgustingly nauseating  to behold, I think I will just let well enough along for now.  It has been quite adequately and correctly described and characterized for what it really is.  Res ipsa loquitur.  And why deprive humanity of the opportunity to see unrestrained ugliness in all its fetidness serving as an excellent example of something that so obviously condemns itself as being unacceptable and wrong on its face. It serves as an effective counterpoint to itself.

if you are referring to Genesis 3:16 then tell that to Moses he wrote it.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Nice try. But I doubt quite seriously that you honestly believe I was referring to that.  If you do, you are delusional

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

In the NLT, Mike, that verse says:

Then he said to the woman, 
"I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy,
and in pain you will give birth.
And you will desire to control your husband,
but he will rule over you."

Boy, isn't that the truth these days.

• 4 months later...

The idea that men were only to rule over women and that women were always to never be able to work for G-d completely negates many women in the Bible who held higher spiritual roles.  There was Miriam, Moses's sister, who seems to have held some sway within the conferencing with the men in decisions for the camp of Israel.  Deborah who was a prophetess. Priscilla who was thought to be one of Paul's missionary partners.  Lydia who seems to have started a movement in her city.  There are of course others, some named others not.  My daughter has felt the call to be a Pastor and so long as she feels as though this is where G-d wants her to I will support her wholeheartedly!

Rebecca

I am Nobody, Nobody is perfect, therefore, I am perfect.

Please remember, all. There were no female priests of Israel interceding for sins. Women do have their spiritual place but were never in leadership.

• Like 1

No one would EVER try to say that Samuel, Elisha, Elijah or Jeremiah were not in leadership positions.  Yet Deborah couldn't be because she was a woman?  She was a prophetess just the same as the men.

Rebecca

I am Nobody, Nobody is perfect, therefore, I am perfect.

12 minutes ago, LadyRachelLynn said:

No one would EVER try to say that Samuel, Elisha, Elijah or Jeremiah were not in leadership positions.  Yet Deborah couldn't be because she was a woman?  She was a prophetess just the same as the men.

Yes those men and Deborah were prophets just as EGW but they were messengers pleading with the leadership to change from their ways. 

Your trying to use prophets as an example but what they spoke against was liberalization.

• Moderators
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, Aussiemike said:

i accidentally had the cap lock on. 
regarding the issue. the actions of the conference in ordaining females to leadership roles over congregations against the wishes of the GC and the people is nothing short of rebellion. These people are cultured by the feminist movement which originated in spiritualism. Just because babylonian churches who do not believe that Adam and Eve existed desire to ordain women to leadership these apostates in our churches want to do it. This lot are wolves in sheep clothing and apostates. where will it end? 

Seems that this thing has happened before. Israel had to have a king because the idolatrous nations around them did. So we have to follow babylon in everything also. 

No this thing happened in 1517 when the Bible was being rediscovered and Papists attacked the Protestants because they wanted to defend tradition. As we continue to study the Bible we now know that

1. There were female priests in the Old Testament Sanctuary and Temple services (some of this information I have known and I have just been given a source of new information I have yet to evaluate.)

2. In the days of Jesus there were women Rabbis and the ordination of women to be Rabbis was a big controversy in Jesus' day. We read the words from the group that won out and the papists among us, oops, I mean the traditionalists among us have taken the ideas of the group that won the debate just under 2,000 years ago and read their words back into Jesus' day and the Old Testament. I'm sorry but as we learn more about this debate we learn that Jesus supported the ordination of women.

3. The evidence is that Paul supported the ordination of women.

4. the Proof Texts used against the ordination of women are taken out it their literary and historical context and therefore twisted to teach as the word of God the traditions of man.

The traditionalists who have their fangs around your neck to drag you into their direction are the true wolves in sheep's clothing. I can refer you to evidence that you can study for your self and free yourself from their blood thirsty teeth that want to steal you away from the flock.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, LadyRachelLynn said:

Also we know that there were other judges besides the 12 in the book of Judges. The book of Judges is the story of one judge that each tribe contributed one story of an important judge from their tribe. Thus we have 12 judge stories, one from each tribe, and one ant-judge as 12 types of Christ and one Anti-Christ.

Since we know that there were more than these 12 there could have been even more women Judges. But this is not as strong evidence as others, but still one that needs to be considered.  

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Rossw said:

Please remember, all. There were no female priests of Israel interceding for sins. Women do have their spiritual place but were never in leadership.

Actually that is not true. One piece of evidence I've seen and I have just received a paper from the Seventh-day Adventist Seminary at Andrews University that I have not yet read but which shows more evidence that there were indeed female priests in the Old Testament system.

20 minutes ago, Kevin H said:

Actually that is not true. One piece of evidence I've seen and I have just received a paper from the Seventh-day Adventist Seminary at Andrews University that I have not yet read but which shows more evidence that there were indeed female priests in the Old Testament system.

A few things I would take into consideration with the new evidence is if Israel had female priests in appostacy? Israel did many things in disobedience such as divorce etc. Is this evidence available to all? What kind of evidence is it? Is it Biblical evidence or is it an extra-biblical source? If it's extra-biblical should it be used if there are discrepancies with Scripture?

• Like 1