ClubAdventist is back!

Hiding the Politics Forum??

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

Is there a way yet to "hide" a particular forum?  Specifically, the Political Forum?

Because it is under the umbrella of "World Affairs" (which is under the heading of "Main Discussion Topics"), it doesn't seem possible to hide the Political Forum from being listed when clicking "unread topics."  

While, of course, it's not required that I click on topics that I don't want to read, it is also human nature to do rubbernecking, at which I'm quite adept.  And because I've also got a streak of contrariness that doesn't jive with politics, I have sometimes strove to put a "fairness" quotient into the mudslinging of various topics.

But I'm not interested in trading mud.  It's just as dirty whoever throws it.

Can the Political Forum not be a separate entity, where it can be hidden if one wishes?  Particularly at this time of year when people of both parties tend towards sarcasm, snideness, and digging up dirt on anyone with whose politics they disagree?

I'd appreciate the ability to hide that forum.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I would love to hide it permanently.

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

But please don't. 

This is just about the only way some of us have of keeping up with politics.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Members

the thing is, this is *not* a way to keep up with politics... it's only a way for people to espouse their own particular slant on things which may or may not accurately reflect the truth, and occasionally (but unfortunately) runs along the same lines as the venom that spews from the fingertips of many on Facebook. 

Sometimes I wish I could fumigate my computer after reading some of the garbage...

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?