ClubAdventist is back!

Mom RIP 2015

Aliensanctuary

(Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the public figure obituary folder.)

In the second photo, Mom is on the right, next to her sister.

Third photo, she's wearing a blue jacket. I'm standing next to my dad who is wearing an Iowa shirt.

Even at 85 y.o. she was still active in the SDA church that she attended in TX. By maintaining a vegetarian, low-fat, low-sugar diet she outlived her 4 siblings, all drinkers and smokers, by decades. Back in the 50's, while washing clothes in a laundromat, she said she had a vision of hell. After that, she sent me and my siblings to a Lutheran church in Milwaukee, WI. After moving to IA, we attended the Wesleyan Methodist Church, a fundamentalist denomination, for many years. 

After finding a job working for an SDA doctor, she joined that denomination. No one else in the family was interested in attending the SDA church. After moving to TX, I began attending church in Keene, TX where I met my future wife, a California girl. We soon packed up and moved out there to begin our family.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother. Thank you for sharing the photos (and a peek at yourself :)  ) as well as the tribute. I enjoyed reading it!

((( Aliensanctuary )))

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Also sorry to hear about your Mom. Loved the photos, thanks for sharing

• Like 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

May I add my condolences to the others.  Our mothers are very special and I am sure yours was dear to you.  May God give you comfort.  Thank you for sharing the pictures and memories.  Courage and blessings. 

• Like 1

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a copy of Mom's testimony and conversion experience. She was not raised in a Christian home, but with drinkers, smokers, and cussers. I've wondered if her "vision" was a result of some kind of medical condition, but it was just a one-time experience.

Mom's_Testimony.pdf

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451